Plane Rental Kelowna, BC

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

zsoltybear
Rank 0
Rank 0

Plane Rental Kelowna, BC

Post by zsoltybear »

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has a Cessna I could rent for a couple hours in Kelowna. I have a friend visiting soon and would love to take them on a flight over the city. I have inquired at the local flight school and they said I need to purchase 5 hours of dual time before letting me go solo in their planes. I just think this would be really expensive. I have 1400 hours TT mostly on multi-engine planes but I haven't flown a Cessna 172 in a couple years.
---------- ADS -----------

propfeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Plane Rental Kelowna, BC

Post by propfeather »

Ask Air Hart about getting checked out in their C-150, a few years ago it was a lot cheaper than the Southern Interior planes.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

I have inquired at the local flight school and they said I need to purchase 5 hours of dual time before letting me go solo in their planes.
In other words they have a no rental policy because 5 hours for a check out in a Cessna 172 is insulting.

JasonE
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by JasonE »

Flight schools generally make more money renting to students with an instructor than a passer by. I had a great experience 2 years ago renting out of Debert. Checkout was quite reasonable (45 min) and staff were very friendly & easy going. If you're on the east coast I recommend them (Truro Flying Club)

"Carelessness and overconfidence are more dangerous than deliberately accepted risk." -Wilbur Wright
Schooner69A
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Schooner69A »

Contact Kathleen Poynton at http://www.fullmoonairservices.com/ in Vernon BC. She might be able to do something for you. Her operation has a '172 and Vernon is a short drive from Kelowna. She is based at the airport terminal. The Vernon Flying Club is next door and we have coffee on at 1000 hours every morning...

John

propfeather
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by propfeather »

If you want to fly a lot you can look into the Salmon Arm Flying Club. They have a 172 and were open to new members when I inquired about renting the plane for some time building a few years ago. Never went through with it so YMMV.

Return to “General Comments”