Bose QC25 ANC headset

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Tubthumper
Rank 7
Rank 7

Bose QC25 ANC headset

Post by Tubthumper »

Anyone here using one to fly with using that inline mic? Just wondering if its worth getting.
8)
---------- ADS -----------

:rolleyes:
Adam Oke
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Bose QC25 ANC headset

Post by Adam Oke »

I'm liking the idea simply because you can use the headset for deadheads, and even the long commute into work. Might end up getting one, one of these days.

--Air to Ground Chemical Transfer Technician turned 4 Bar Switch Flicker and Flap Operator--
young grasshopper
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by young grasshopper »

I just purchased one but am still waiting for the mic. Crossing my fingers that I’ll be happy with the purchase!

YG
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Great buy.

Works great - even without batteries. Packs up tight as well.

S.

Topoff
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Topoff »

Its a great set up. I had to wait 12 weeks because they were back ordered but they're worth the wait. It looks like the QC 25s are going pretty cheap these days too.

Black_Tusk
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Black_Tusk »

I had ordered it a while back but cancelled after waiting 6 months with my delivery date constantly pushed. Once supply issues are dealt with I will likely order again. I would be nice to consolidate into one headset (I carry my QC25 for DH's anyways).

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

I have it and I quite like it! The BOSE QC25 first one failed in one ear (returned to Bose for a warranty replacement) The new one is working great. The uflymike portion is awesome. Its light, easy on the batteries and great noise cancelling. I'm quite happy.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

Interesting set-up. I've been on the waitlist for a new company headset for a while and my old Bose is held together with tape and epoxy. This may be a better option than getting the latest Bose aviation offerings.

Have there been any complaints from ATC? Anyone using it on the Q400?

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

No complaints from ATC, not flying a Q, so I'll refrain from assuming noise level.

Only issue on the early releases were QA issues regarding the connector box. The catch for the headset wire would quickly lose it's support, then the strain would be applied directly to the wires and solder. Mine came apart after 2 months of normal use.

I wrote ufm and they sent me out a replacement, no charge.

Otherwise, couldn't be happier.

S.

rob-air
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by rob-air »

I use this setup in a very noisy turboprop http://www.aviation.leosounds.de/index-en.htm works very well no comments from atc.... I was going to go with the Uflymike, but canceled my order due to shipping delays. They kept on pushing back the shipping date. Been using the setup for 6 months and I like it a lot...

termerair
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by termerair »

Just did my First flight with the Uflymike set up in the B737. Very impressive performance! The mic is very clear, it fits the headset ear cup very nicely but I wouldn't separate the mic too often from the headset (ie commuting) as I think there is a chance it could loose its tightness...
The noise cancelling function from the QC25 is amazing. I actually found it to be a bit too efficient, especially when taxiing and on takeoff when you rely on every noise to assess your power settings and engines... I guess it us just a matter of getting used to it!

I also briefly tried the aux input in flight (not much going on at 3 am over the states...) and it works like a beauty. Note that the background music doesn't fade out when there is a communication on the frequency.

The whole set up ended up costing me 264$ (headset) + 420$ (Deluxe edition) + 70$ (import fees) all taxes in... So, it is quite expensive but the level of comfort justifies it. I ordered mine on November 3rd and got it on January 5th.

gwagen
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gwagen »

rob-air wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:14 am I use this setup in a very noisy turboprop http://www.aviation.leosounds.de/index-en.htm works very well no comments from atc.... I was going to go with the Uflymike, but canceled my order due to shipping delays. They kept on pushing back the shipping date. Been using the setup for 6 months and I like it a lot...
That’s a really interesting setup. I just ordered one.

I have a set of A20’s which I’ll continue to use, but I have a set of QC35s and this will pair up to make a nice set for passengers.

Thanks for the lead!

P.S. it’s also available and cheaper than the ufly mike and easier to take on and off.....

ScottS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ScottS »

There is also the nflightmic that I came across the other day. Don't know anyone with one, but it is universal to any noise cancelling headphone:
https://nflightmic.com/products/nflightmic

My co-owner has a QC25 with uflymike for his daughter and it seems to work pretty good. Although when my passenger tried it and the battery in the headphones was dead, he couldn't hear a thing.

skypirate88
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by skypirate88 »

How is the mic connection to the headset? It seems like it would rotate quite a bit.

There's so much crap for a cord to get caught on in the Q, and it seems like the cable isn't all that thick. Does it seem to be a durable product.

I don't really want to shell out 1300 bucks for a Bose aviation headset, but I also don't want to shell 600+ for a product that isn't going to last

A mile of road will take you a mile, but a mile of runway can take you anywhere
ScottS
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ScottS »

Don't know about the 35, but on the Q25 the mic piece clicks into the 3.5 mm jack quiet firmly and the box is shaped so it doesn't rotate back and for as it fits tight against the bottom of the headphone shell

Return to “General Comments”