Direct entry captain VS Internal promotion

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

northernpilot2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Direct entry captain VS Internal promotion

Post by northernpilot2 »

ant_321 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 pm How did you come across this 6.5 year old thread. Haha
Ive read this thread about a year ago and I wanted to talk about the topic. I pulled up this one instead of creating a new one.
---------- ADS -----------

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

northernpilot2 wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 pm
confusedalot wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 pm I've been hired three times as a direct entry
Im just curious if you came across any disgruntled FO's or was it just me with that one guy? I was hired as DEC at my previous company. At my current one I was upgraded from the FO position and most seem happy about it. There are still a few people pissed about it but oh well. I still try to get along with them but they chose not to, so it's really beyond my control.
Of course people are pissed about it, it's human nature after all, who wants to be passed over for a promotion? Having said that all were professional and the days went by harmoniously.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

There are 700 FOs at WJ with more qualifications then what the Swoop ad is advertising for DEC so I don't Know if I'd wanna be one of those guys robbing us of our future! won't be a whole lot of respect for that blacklisted bunch of guys.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

confusedalot wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:37 pm A direct entry is merely a stopgap measure until things fall into place, and the system reverts to normal. In the mean time, non upgradable FO's get more time and progress to upgradable FO's, and then they become Captain.
This right here is probably the most correct thing that has ever been posted to this forum, and sums up the reasoning perfectly.

Return to “General Comments”