Porter Salary

Discuss topics relating to Porter Airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Porter Salary

Post by Bacunayagua »

Porter has been posting fairly often for quite a while now. Are they expanding and just simply need that many more FO's and CPT's, or are they just losing that many pilots? I'm aware of their retention bonus scheme, how's that working out for them? Looking at things from the outside, it doesn't seem like its holding many people back. That being said, does anyone know if Porter has/is considering raising wages to try and retain people? I mean, they can only lower their requirements so much. I remember when they wanted around 5000 hours to be an FO.
---------- ADS -----------

Victory
Rank 6
Rank 6

Re: Porter Salary

Post by Victory »

Retention bonuses aren't going to do anything except give more money to people that were going to stay anyways. Large increases in salary are what is needed in this market to keep or attract people.

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

Also hard to retain people who are moving upwards, a sideways step to jazz/ggn/sky is one thing but when you have Transat and AC knocking on your door it's not easy to stick around.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Are pilots really that much of an expense?

Would these regional airlines go under if they paid F/Os say 80k and CAPTs 140k? I highly doubt it.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Boreas wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:07 pm Are pilots really that much of an expense?

Would these regional airlines go under if they paid F/Os say 80k and CAPTs 140k? I highly doubt it.
That would be amazing, and in my opinion an adequate salary for such highly skilled job. I may even say that if the "Regionals" paid min base salary of 60K a year for their F/Os and 100K a year for capts, they would have higher retention. Believe it or not, a lot of pilots actually enjoy the regional flying.

Das ist mir wurst...
AvifiskAlly
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AvifiskAlly »

HansDietrich wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:24 am
Boreas wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 5:07 pm Are pilots really that much of an expense?

That would be amazing, and in my opinion an adequate salary for such highly skilled job. I may even say that if the "Regionals" paid min base salary of 60K a year for their F/Os and 100K a year for capts, they would have higher retention. Believe it or not, a lot of pilots actually enjoy the regional flying.
Why would they want to do that? Pay more to keep people when cheaper labor is out there and there is a natural flow available for all to participate in. It's a cycle, its how inexperienced pilots gain experience 703 - 704 - 705 regional - 705 big airplane

Md11flyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Md11flyer »

Return to “Porter Airlines”