Rumo(u)rs.

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Rumo(u)rs.

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

In the United States of America the accepted spelling of rumor is "rumor". In Canada, the accepted spelling is "rumour".

Owing either to a conflict between the American and Canadian elements within ALPA, or merely sloppy work on the part of the ALPA MEC at WJ, here is how your MEC thought rumour (I'm Canadian) was spelled in a recent memo from them:
"We know that when pilots are armed with the facts, we always make better decisions. In that regard, we want to dispel one We know that when pilots are armed with the facts, we always make better decisions. In that regard, we want to dispel one rumor being circulated in ground schools and elsewhere by company representatives. Specifically, management claims the Association rejected a WestJet proposal for Swoop flying to be done by our pilots. This is false. To make it perfectly clear, there has never been a management proposal that Swoop flying would be done by WestJet pilots. In fact, there has been nothing proposed that would have been considered even remotely acceptable by our pilot group. The MEC only became aware of what they intend to pay Swoop pilots when the rates were posted online. These and other rumours will continue to be circulated in an attempt to fracture our pilot group and undermine our representatives. Ask yourself, whose purpose do these rumours serve? being circulated in ground schools and elsewhere by company representatives. Specifically, management claims the Association rejected a WestJet proposal for Swoop flying to be done by our pilots. This is false. To make it perfectly clear, there has never been a management proposal that Swoop flying would be done by WestJet pilots. In fact, there has been nothing proposed that would have been considered even remotely acceptable by our pilot group. The MEC only became aware of what they intend to pay Swoop pilots when the rates were posted online. These and other rumours will continue to be circulated in an attempt to fracture our pilot group and undermine our representatives. Ask yourself, whose purpose do these rumours serve?
I put more care in my posts here. And for that, to you all, I say:
"You're welcome". Perhaps your MEC is feeling the pressure of recent events and therefore getting sloppy?
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by NewCommercialPilot on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Rumo(u)rs.

Post by #37 »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am In the United States of America the accepted spelling of rumor is "rumour". In Canada, the accepted spelling is "rumour".

:

I put more care in my posts here. And for that, to you all, I say:
"You're welcome". Perhaps your MEC is feeling the pressure of recent events and therefore getting sloppy?
Ya, nice job with the "care" there bud.

boeingguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by boeingguy »

NCP,

Rumour has you’re avoiding answering questions on here.

Will you be taking the LOA, so you could be a day oner Swoopster?
It be great to see you in the non union paradise you so desire at Swoop.

BG

hurtin'albertan
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by hurtin'albertan »

NewCommercialPilot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am I put more care in my posts here. And for that, to you all, I say:
NewCommercialPilot wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:43 am "Re: 787's go to Swoop!!
#16 Post by NewCommercialPilot » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:18 am

The 787's are not going to Swoop. The company has already put out a survey to assess what inter-fleet movement would like as a result of the 787 introduction later this year. Any alteration to the 787 plans for WJ would not bode well for WJ at the CIRB.

What happens eventually to the 767 (4 airframes) fleet is anyone's guess."
Just sayin'.

Anything else you wanna waste bandwidth on Johnny? :roll:

Oldcommercialpilot
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Oldcommercialpilot »

Nice excuse to post an internal memo. This is the true definition of trolling.

What a looooooooooooooser.

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

See how easy it is to make a spelling error when one isn't careful? I changed "rumour" back to "rumor", and promise to be careful in my posts going forward, in the manner you have come to expect of me.

Cheers

Zee One und Only
Herr VingNut

MrMerth
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by MrMerth »

Why would an ALPA member bother to forward ALPA emails to NCP.......

Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

5F2FEC14-5EBF-4C28-BF30-667F4E2558D8.png
5F2FEC14-5EBF-4C28-BF30-667F4E2558D8.png (21.1 KiB) Viewed 4391 times

Money, wish I had it...
Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

People! STOP FEEDING INTO THIS NONSENSE!

DO!
NOT!
FEED!
THE!
TROLL!

This is turning into 121.5...

“Guarrrrd”. Ignore these meaningless posts.

Money, wish I had it...
infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

I'll just deny him jumpseat if I ever see him on one of my flights :D

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

Snagmaster E wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:35 pm People! STOP FEEDING INTO THIS NONSENSE!

DO!
NOT!
FEED!
THE!
TROLL!

This is turning into 121.5...

“Guarrrrd”. Ignore these meaningless posts.
Dude! It’s a forum.... by definition that means that everyone is entitled to their opinions!

Now, I won’t disagree with you but I have a friend who happens to be a recreational pilot.... he’s also a phycologist PM me and I’ll send his contact details!
After all your getting worked up about something that is causing you to paste meme’s from the early 2000’s!

For petes sake take a breather and relax a bit!

Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

Forums don’t bother me.. trolls (normally) don’t bother me.

I do have something against continually misleading and trying to create division for no purpose. He doesn’t have one side or the other’s interests at heart.. just himself. Nothing wrong with calling out a troll.

Money, wish I had it...
Snagmaster E
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Snagmaster E »

boeingguy wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:31 am NCP,

Rumour has you’re avoiding answering questions on here.

Will you be taking the LOA, so you could be a day oner Swoopster?
It be great to see you in the non union paradise you so desire at Swoop.

BG
At the risk of this spreading... the term I’ve heard is (ugh) “Swooperstar”.

Money, wish I had it...
True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

Snagmaster E wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 pm Forums don’t bother me.. trolls (normally) don’t bother me.

He doesn’t have one side or the other’s interests at heart.. just himself.
So how is that different than anyone else on here?

There isn't a gram of altruism in anything going on in this mess. No one is doing anything for the greater good, everyone is doing what they perceive is best for them. Nothing more.

3down&loct
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by 3down&loct »

TeePeecreeper,
"For petes sake take a breather and relax a bit!"

I do agree with you to some degree, however, it is becoming a little obnoxious. It basically seems like Spam at this point. Just clogs up the forums and just means more unnecessary filtering for everyone.

Return to “WestJet”