Walmart Canada?

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Walmart Canada?

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Just saw an ad that Walmart was looking for a Captain. Ad was not specific at all (no types, salary, base etc..) I didn't even know they operated airplanes in canada anymore. Anyone know anything about the operation?
---------- ADS -----------

tired of the ground
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Walmart Canada?

Post by tired of the ground »

I have no first hand knowledge but this is what I've head/seen.

Lear 45. YYZ based. They leave ~0800 and are back in the evening. Always full pax. Hitting anywhere in Canada there is a Walmart that an employee team can prove they need the jet so see.

They are very frugal with the airplane usage (employees have to submit proposals to prove need). It's always full and you're never going to do a pleasure trip. I believe pay/benefits is equal to mid level management with Walmart.

I've heard it's a good job with a good schedule. Few if any overnights but the downside is long days and multiple legs to crappy parts of Canada.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

Where did you see ad?

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

Interesting that they want an ATPL with an Multi rating and Multi IFR. I didn't know there was such a thing.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

HR strikes again!

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

I used to work at Walmart Canada head office (non-pilot). Knew the chief pilot and low-down is you are either on a Monday-Wednesday sched with 1-2 overnights or Thur-Fri sched (home Thursday night). Mostly all across Canada sometimes with many legs. Only U.S. trips were to Home office in Arkansas.

I remember seeing the payscale, I believe it was $35k for FO and $55k for captain.

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by '97 Tercel »

SuperchargedRS
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by SuperchargedRS »

LegoMan wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:33 pm I used to work at Walmart Canada head office (non-pilot). Knew the chief pilot and low-down is you are either on a Monday-Wednesday sched with 1-2 overnights or Thur-Fri sched (home Thursday night). Mostly all across Canada sometimes with many legs. Only U.S. trips were to Home office in Arkansas.

I remember seeing the payscale, I believe it was $35k for FO and $55k for captain.

Lol, 35k and 55k?

What a joke, multi million dollar jet, flying around big wigs for a super $$ company, and they pay the actual person responsible for their lives peanuts and I'm sure they'll act all surprised when all they get is monkeys.

I hope they don't drug test, because the only way I'd take that job is if I were high.

ditar
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by ditar »

My understanding is that the current captain salary is around $120k

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

Where did you hear that info?

On a Learjet 45? I dont think anyone is making that kind of coin. I saw the pay grades at Walmart because I used to work at the head office. It's under technical position, Captain was $55k, I think the pay grade topped out at 70 or 75k. Only positions at Walmart that will break 100k are directors (after a few years) VPs, legal and C-execs.

vrefplus5
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vrefplus5 »

ditar is correct.

It was communicated during an interview with a close colleague that NOT INCLUDING stock options or profit share, the BASE salary is close to 120K. AH or TV who currently operate USM would certainly confirm that. Cheers.

AOA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by AOA »

LegoMan wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:06 am Where did you hear that info?

On a Learjet 45? I dont think anyone is making that kind of coin. I saw the pay grades at Walmart because I used to work at the head office. It's under technical position, Captain was $55k, I think the pay grade topped out at 70 or 75k. Only positions at Walmart that will break 100k are directors (after a few years) VPs, legal and C-execs.
LegoMan;

How long ago were you at the H.O? Was Terry Peters the CP?

Your info is way too old. Not only for the pilot scales but your claim that it's only a handful of roles that break 100k.

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

No, Anthony was CP. I forgot buyers make a ton of cash over there as well but the payscale for non-managerial positions was much lower than the suppliers were paying. I still have friends working there I can get the latest payscale range and post it, makes no difference to me. If my numbers are incorrect and you have the right ones perhaps you could supply the correction?

Return to “Corporate”