Let's all apply at Swoop!

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Let's all apply at Swoop!

Post by DropTanks »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:54 pm
DropTanks wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am We're just pissing in the wind trying to teach these wannabe Swoopsters. The fact is they're selfish. They want to jump the queue and take work away from WJ and Encore pilots that have scratched and clawed to get their positions on the seniority list. This is tantamount to crossing a picket line and doing struck work because it's "good for MY family". GFY. They just don't get it and they don't want to get it so we're wasting our time trying to teach them. Don't think for a second that it'll be as simple as walking into a DEC spot and WJ ALPA will just lay down and die. This will be fought as far as the law will take it. Oh right! THE LAW that protects a unionized labour group from exactly this kind of bullshit. Good luck in your new DEC positions because you might just find yourself right seat on a Q400 looking up at 2000 pilots when this is all said and done. These positions should be bid on internally in order of...ahem...SENIORITY. Create some movement in what will otherwise be a stagnant pilot list. Maybe just maybe we can get to a 100% flow for Encore pilots permanently. Look at me going on about the way it should be, I almost forgot you don't care at all about anybody else. Well have at er. Don't expect any help from anybody when your precious new Swoop position evaporates into thin air.
All that matters is YOU get YOUR flying back. Lord help the pilot who accidentally tries to fly YOUR jet.

There you go champ! You're starting to get it now. Because yes it IS OUR FLYING. And yes I am on the 37 but not looking down. Looking up at an upgrade that went from 10 years to never if you have it your way. So yes Lord help the pilot who PURPOSELY tries to fly OUR jets.
---------- ADS -----------

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

DropTanks wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm
DropTanks wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:06 am We're just pissing in the wind trying to teach these wannabe Swoopsters. The fact is they're selfish. They want to jump the queue and take work away from WJ and Encore pilots that have scratched and clawed to get their positions on the seniority list. This is tantamount to crossing a picket line and doing struck work because it's "good for MY family". GFY. They just don't get it and they don't want to get it so we're wasting our time trying to teach them. Don't think for a second that it'll be as simple as walking into a DEC spot and WJ ALPA will just lay down and die. This will be fought as far as the law will take it. Oh right! THE LAW that protects a unionized labour group from exactly this kind of bullshit. Good luck in your new DEC positions because you might just find yourself right seat on a Q400 looking up at 2000 pilots when this is all said and done. These positions should be bid on internally in order of...ahem...SENIORITY. Create some movement in what will otherwise be a stagnant pilot list. Maybe just maybe we can get to a 100% flow for Encore pilots permanently. Look at me going on about the way it should be, I almost forgot you don't care at all about anybody else. Well have at er. Don't expect any help from anybody when your precious new Swoop position evaporates into thin air.
All that matters is YOU get YOUR flying back. Lord help the pilot who accidentally tries to fly YOUR jet.

There you go champ! You're starting to get it now. Because yes it IS OUR FLYING. And yes I am on the 37 but not looking down. Looking up at an upgrade that went from 10 years to never if you have it your way. So yes Lord help the pilot who PURPOSELY tries to fly OUR jets.
Not sure being a stockholder makes them your jets, but you're gonna fail your next medical with blood pressure like that.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

I'm quite relaxed actually. Playing Xbox all day, got my feet up and everything.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

10 YEAR FO's? Jesus.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

I like how now you're trying to get Swoop to join ALPA. Should have thought of that before you blacklisted them.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Haha. You seem to be misinformed. Nobody's trying to get Swoop to join ALPA. What you have here is a crisis of chicken and the egg. I believe Swoop will in fact be staffed by ALPA pilots by simple virtue of management attempting to end run around the certified labour group. That's ummmm...how do you say it...🤔...frowned upon in Canada's labour law so you know, there's that.

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

I guess it will come down to who is smarter. Pilots or management. I wish you luck but history is not on your side unfortunately.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Westjet planes...WestJet pilots...WestJet WAWACON.

Tell me this. If your current employer brought in the exact same AC and paid 50 cents on the dollar would that disappoint you? Would u do anything about it(or at least try)?

I honsestly don't know how it's going to play out. What I do know is we stand a lot better chance with ALPA steering our pilot group then we do the WJPA. I got a good feeling about this, but I am a glass half full type of guy.

Life's pretty damn good. It will be even better when Swoop gets dealt with in a positive way for our pilot group and the industry as a whole.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

DropTanks wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:04 pm

The only thing I'm seeing is entitlement - and no it's not my way - I'm not your management, I'm not a Swoop applicant - I'm just watching Avcanada's active posts.

I could make it 'my way' and purposefully go out of my way and apply to hopefully keep you in the right seat and on your xbox.

Hmmm. :smt023

S.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

You know, if you're standing in a room and feel like everybody around you is crazy, then there's a pretty good chance it's actually you.

Hmmmmm 🙄

Jimmy2
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jimmy2 »

It's not just him. I feel like applying at Swoop just because there's people telling me I can't.

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Schnitzel2k3=Troll. Ignore him

Legacy
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Legacy »

Jimmy2 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:49 pm It's not just him. I feel like applying at Swoop just because there's people telling me I can't.
I think people are saying you shouldn't. Do anything ya want. I'm sure you'd regret it down the road though.

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Legacy wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:51 pm Schnitzel2k3=Troll. Ignore him
Oh yeah no problem now that we know who we're dealing with.

Hmmmmmmm

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Yeah I honestly don't care who applies there. Do what ever u want. Alls I'm saying is that we're going to fight this with everything we got. There is a good chance it doesn't even get off the ground with OTS pilots.

I'm reminded of when our dear leader Trudeau gave 10 million to a our terrorist friend Kadhr. The federal governments justification was that they felt they would lose in court. I prefer Brad Walls answer. Something's you fight for no matter how the odds are stacked against you. It's better to lose fighting then not fight at all.

Why would our pilot group not fight this with all we got? Greggs shown he dosent want to work together, so fighting is the only option we got. Or surrender I guess.

Apply. Don't apply. Don't care.

PS. This could be the galvanizing force that brings this group together. On crew changes on the bridge, and on our internal ALPA form, I have never seen so much unity. From so many people that never voted ALPA. Stronger then ever.

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

High fives from the lil red alpa guys to all the westjetters that don't put up with GS's BS.

FICU
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by FICU »

WJ management doesn't want OTS pilots because probably 90% of them will not have an NG type rating. They haven't mentioned a training bond so I don't think Swoop wants to pay all the training costs when they can have WJ pilots crew the pink planes.

They are playing hardball but will have to give in.

Fight on men and women of teal!

lisascottme
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by lisascottme »

How about you all fight the good fight while I'll take the job build up some time and swoop off to AC in a year or two.

DrSpaceman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DrSpaceman »

lisascottme wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm How about you all fight the good fight while I'll take the job build up some time and swoop off to AC in a year or two.
Good luck getting into AC with the hire ban

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

DrSpaceman wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 pm
lisascottme wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:02 pm How about you all fight the good fight while I'll take the job build up some time and swoop off to AC in a year or two.
Good luck getting into AC with the hire ban
You are dreaming about the "hiring ban"

Return to “WestJet”