Availability of Quality Aerobatic Training

Interested in aerobatics or information on an airshow place your topics here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

lightbody
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Availability of Quality Aerobatic Training

Post by lightbody »

Aerobatics : Transport Canada Certified Aerobatic Flight Instructor here GTA CYOO based in Oshawa with Hangar class room and Certified Pitts S2A
Catering to all levels intro flights, single and Aerobatic packages
Available
All flights include Go Pro video .. SD card, brief and debriefing, ground school for packages.
Airshow smoke available extra cost.
Check out The Aviators season 6 episode 1.
Contact
Desmond Lightbody
ABI, FAA AGI, IGI ACE card
Deswillflybye@gmail.com
---------- ADS -----------

Nanart
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Nanart »

Aerobatic training is available in the Edmonton area. Great news for the aerobatic community.
The Namao Flying Club at Villeneuve (CZVL) is offering aerobatic training in their Citabria 7ECA.

Here's the contact info:
Namao Flying Club: http://www.namaoflyingclub.com

Looking forward to meeting some new acro pilots.

P-40
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by P-40 »

NFC needs to update their photo's of the Citabria as GIBB now belongs to the Calgary Flying Club.

pigboat
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by pigboat »

Aerobatic rides and training also available in gliders at yorksoaring.com .Near Arthur, Ontario.
A real thrill and even more fun than in power aircraft. We use a K21 and a DG500 for most aerobatic flights but also a SW 2-32 for spin training. Don't knock it til you try it at least once!

cgzro
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cgzro »

Sounds like fun. What airport?
Can I fly in?

mphawk
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mphawk »

take a vacation to disney world in orlando florida, while in central florida you can get all the aerobatic flight instruction your stomach can take! You can fly a pitts with steve wolf, a p-51d in kissime fl, heck a club in deland florida eagle sport aviation they have a pitts s-2b and an ask21 aerobatic glider you can get instruction in that too. stearmans, at-6's also to rent.

looproll
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by looproll »

Steve Wolf is a great instructor and knows everything there is to know about Pitts'.

rv4flyer1
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by rv4flyer1 »

Check out Harv's Air in Steinbach, Manitoba. www.harvsair.com 204-326-2434

final28
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by final28 »

In Alberta there are also options for basic aerobatic training in Citabrias at both the Calgary Flying Club and the Namao Flying Club and possibly a Decathlon at Super T Aviation in Medicine Hat.

Dave Hadfield
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Dave Hadfield »

Aerobatics was a huge part of my flying life, and still is to some extent. Most of it was self-taught -- I read all the books available in the late 1970s and tried out the basic maneuvers in the Citabria I was flying. Then my father got wind of it and started teaching me a few things (how not to yank the wings off), and later we went on various courses together, one in Florida.

I met my wife at an aerobatic contest, Centralia, 1980. I got 2 prizes that time! I flew the Stampe SV4B, and later a Decathlon at that time. And I ran the Nationals, in Gimli, for 5 years.

Aerobatic competence makes an enormous difference in one's self-confidence while flying. Banked attitudes and upside-down just don't alarm you any more. You know you can recover, and thus don't fuss about it. And to know the stall, intimately, as a reliable aid to maneuvering, is liberating.

Flying aeros is one thing, but doing it at a competition, and being judged on the roundness and straightness and positioning of each maneuver, is completely different. It is orders-of-magnitude more difficult, and among the most precise flying I've ever done. The "box" looks SO TINY!

These days I display warbirds for Vintage Wings, which involves simple loops and various rolls. Not too difficult, except keeping the display in the "box" during strong winds. But I do chandelles and lazy-8s when I checkout in all new aircraft -- they're the best way to get to know a new machine that I'm aware of. And I fly lots of old, vintage, or homebuilt types. We own a Fairchild 24W (which is strong and quite nimble) and an RV6a. Aerobatic training -- and lots of tailwheel time! -- is the foundation of all that.

A friend of mine recently got his private and bought a 172, and happened to mention that he hasn't stalled it yet. I was secretly appalled. It's on my to-do list with him ASAP.

Dave

Return to “Aerobatics & Airshows”