TSC- How to Spend Your Flying $$$

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

TSC- How to Spend Your Flying $$$

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

You've worked hard to get that dream job. You're now moving up that seniority list due to the rapid hiring at your company. Now your schedule has improved to you holding 15 days off per month. What do you do with that time that the rest of the non-aviation 9-5 world would love to have? How do you spend your days off from flying?

Do you take a new course to possibly move up to a management position.
Do you work out to keep fit from sitting all day in the flight deck.
Do you take it easy, watch tv, and hang out with your friends and family.

I've noticed some pilots work very hard to get to their dream job but then they just get comfortable. They stop learning, improving themselves, their social skills.
You can spot these types by the constant complaining, blaming others for their setbacks, always frowning.
It's important to improve your awareness and stay sharp every day.

Assuming you have 15 days off per month, and no kids at the moment. What are are you going to do with that extra 180 days off a year?
---------- ADS -----------

Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: TSC- How to Spend Your Flying $$$

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

All of the above. I am working 7-10 days per month on a very set schedule for an excellent paycheque.

Music lessons, amature athletic pursuits, travel, classes, Big Brother mentoring with some solid loafing in between when necessary. Anything that betters those around me and myself is on the table. I don't know how long this position in life will last, maybe I will get hit by a train tomorrow, so I am just trying to enjoy things each day.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

I like to start topics with my name in the topic title to stroke my ego.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

digits_ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am I like to start topics with my name in the topic title to stroke my ego.
LOL, I didn't pick up on that. I thought he/she really just liked TSC (Tractor Supply Company Stores) like I do.
Got a great King Cutter attachment for my tractor there recently, which I am sure you guys are equally stoked about.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 am
digits_ wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:37 am I like to start topics with my name in the topic title to stroke my ego.
LOL, I didn't pick up on that. I thought he/she really just liked TSC (Tractor Supply Company Stores) like I do.
Got a great King Cutter attachment for my tractor there recently, which I am sure you guys are equally stoked about.
I actually would be.
Quite a fan of flail mowers. Especially the really heavy duty ones that you just drive straight into trees.

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
ogc
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by ogc »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:12 am
That's what I thought too. Got a great tool chest from there %70 off. Good store.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

My neighbor just got some good wheels from TSC after one of the old bearings crapped out while i was using his snowblower. Good place to shop for those kinds of things. Don't forget Princess Auto as well!

Trim Spinner
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Trim Spinner »

The shopping channel?

TOGA Party
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by TOGA Party »

Why does this kid always preface his posts with his TSC initials? Very odd and off putting.

Push and roll, push and roll.
TheSocialChameleon
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TheSocialChameleon »

TOGA Party wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 pm Why does this kid always preface his posts with his TSC initials? Very odd and off putting.
Hey man sorry to disappoint you. I know life is hard and now seeing someone initial their name in a blog post adds to your misery.
I didn't mean to upset you so much that you would take the time to knock down a very genuine post. If I may help I would suggest it comes across as though one cannot handle the small pains in life. One can further deduce that such a person could not be trusted upon to handle the stress of IROPS. Cheers!

Hate me or Like me. Both days I get paid.
ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

TOGA Party wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 pm Why does this kid always preface his posts with his TSC initials? Very odd and off putting.
I think it's an effort to become internet famous. I'm not sure avcanada is the place to do that.

DrSpaceman
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by DrSpaceman »

Really annoying considering it is air transat’s Initials, and this is an aviation forum

complexintentions
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by complexintentions »

Man there are some weirdoes out there. Not a single clue as to what qualifies him/her/it to pontify about well, anything, just preaches little sermons with a made-up name prefaced with initials.

Thank God for the internet, or TSC would just be another person shuffling the streets mumbling incoherently to himself and shouting at passers-by! :mrgreen:

I say carry on though, amusing.

I’m still waiting for my white male privilege membership card. Must have gotten lost in the mail.
altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I'm really glad to learn about Tractor Supply Company from these posts.

I've been searching for a supplier of the products I need to cater to my country life and support my pursuit of an outdoor lifestyle on the many days a month I have off...

I think I'll roll over to the Grimsby store today and look around. Or are the Cambridge or Guelph stores bigger? More stock?

I'm thinking of this Kubota refrigerator keg for the shop.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Buying a keg for the shop? You must have followed the simple steps and made it to the top!
How is the view, and is your family proud?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

LOL...You know it Johnny!

Not at the top yet, but I'm in the elevator buddy and I can almost see over the hill to the fabled green pastures I have heard so much about!

Beer and power tools for now and I know there is more to come...

Tractor Supply Co has been a definite excellent takeaway.

NewCommercialPilot
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by NewCommercialPilot »

It's like the stock market run up to the dotcom bust in the late 90's, everybody was an expert. Taxi drivers gave out stock tips. TSC, THE TSC, is no different. Based on his own situation in life he figures it's because he's brilliant that he is where he is and discounts the economy, demographics, and luck.

He's amusing, if nothing else, and I'd like to see more material from him. Even if he is sitting in his hotel room in his underwear wearing his hat, I'd like to see more.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”