Swoop interview process

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

YYZFlyer
Rank 0
Rank 0

Swoop interview process

Post by YYZFlyer »

Does anyone happen to know the process after a video interview? Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

5400AirportRdSouth
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Swoop interview process

Post by 5400AirportRdSouth »

First, take off the tie...put some pants on....brush the gel out of your hair. Let the kids out of the locked bedroom.

Then sit silently for awhile and just think about what you've done.

Maybe cry a little.

Log into AvCanada and see if some jackass has posted something sarcastic on your topic instead of helpful advice.

Remember, only YOU can stop Narcissism
tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

:lol: Funny, completely unhelpful but still funny

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

In person interview with one pilot and one HR. Typical tell me about a time question. You do a technical exam on a ipad that was not too hard.

saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by saltypilot »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm In person interview with one pilot and one HR. Typical tell me about a time question. You do a technical exam on a ipad that was not too hard.
Jean-Pierre, am I to understand you’ve interviewed? I only ask because I also noticed your ALPA avatar. What do you understand of the present Westjet Mainline/Encore & Swoop Pilot conversation?

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:30 pm In person interview with one pilot and one HR. Typical tell me about a time question. You do a technical exam on a ipad that was not too hard.
Curious to know what company the interviewing pilot works for? WJ on a LOA?

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

I accept no bullying from anyone.

saltypilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by saltypilot »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:20 pm I accept no bullying from anyone.
I believe you may be confusing bullying with being confronted with truth. Both do however make you feel uncomfortable.

Zaibatsu
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Zaibatsu »

Maybe he’s a mole?

I would laugh my ass off if they certified right off the get go.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Questioning isn't bullying.

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

When you apply at Swoop you are applying at Westjet. And you don't even need to argue that. Westjet pilot and ALPA will do that for you.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 pm When you apply at Swoop you are applying at Westjet. And you don't even need to argue that. Westjet pilot and ALPA will do that for you.
Commence the bullying in 3..2...1...
What are you talking about, are you living under a rock for the last couple months? WJ ALPA has put a blacklist on Swoop pilots and ACPA pilots have called for the same at AC!
Have I been trolled here? Seriously, I don’t think anyone could be that dense!

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

mbav8r wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:11 pm
Jean-Pierre wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:07 pm When you apply at Swoop you are applying at Westjet. And you don't even need to argue that. Westjet pilot and ALPA will do that for you.
Commence the bullying in 3..2...1...
What are you talking about, are you living under a rock for the last couple months? WJ ALPA has put a blacklist on Swoop pilots and ACPA pilots have called for the same at AC!
Have I been trolled here? Seriously, I don’t think anyone could be that dense!
Give it a rest man! "Have I been trolled?" "Have I been trolled?". Yes. You're on the show "PUNKED" and Ashton whatever his name is was out to get you, Swoop is in as well.

People can do what they want. Jean-Pierre has no interest taking your (and others') bait.

Das ist mir wurst...
mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Hey Hans, foxtrot oscar!
You seem to insinuate that I’m constantly saying this, why don’t you search my posts for that exact phrase and tell me how often I’ve said that, k.
Next, to believe jean pierre is a long time Jazz pilot and based on his avatar he’s been there since pre 2010 negotiations, so perhaps he’s just “trolling” but clearly you have a problem with that phrase, might I suggest you get some professional help for rage issues😳
Hope you’re enjoying your new job, I’m betting there are some Captains that are glad you left, what do you think?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Did you quit Jazz Hans?

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

altiplano wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:04 am Did you quit Jazz Hans?
I did. No hard feelings. It wasn't for me.

Das ist mir wurst...
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

YYZFlyer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:46 am Does anyone happen to know the process after a video interview? Thanks

sry I’m still hung up on the fact your asking. Are you not the one that has been defending Georgian like their the greatest company in canada?

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

flyinhigh wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:14 pm
YYZFlyer wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:46 am Does anyone happen to know the process after a video interview? Thanks

sry I’m still hung up on the fact your asking. Are you not the one that has been defending Georgian like their the greatest company in canada?
ggn was, and now Swoop is. Can't blame a guy for following the path of greatness.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

mbav8r wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:33 am Hey Hans, foxtrot oscar!
You seem to insinuate that I’m constantly saying this, why don’t you search my posts for that exact phrase and tell me how often I’ve said that, k.
Next, to believe jean pierre is a long time Jazz pilot and based on his avatar he’s been there since pre 2010 negotiations, so perhaps he’s just “trolling” but clearly you have a problem with that phrase, might I suggest you get some professional help for rage issues😳
Hope you’re enjoying your new job, I’m betting there are some Captains that are glad you left, what do you think?
You certainly are pleasant in comparison aren't you sweety... bet your FO/CA's must be hoping you have an app in at Swoop. Foxy Onion.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Alcoholism wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:34 pm [quote=mbav8r post_id=<a href="tel:1031833">1031833</a> time=<a href="tel:1520080421">1520080421</a> user_id=8159]
Hey Hans, foxtrot oscar!
You certainly are pleasant in comparison aren't you sweety... bet your FO/CA's must be hoping you have an app in at Swoop. Foxy Onion.
[/quote]
Drinking and posting again, there are programs for that! Take that first step of twelve, you can get through it, sweety.

Return to “Employment Forum”