Bargaining idea

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Bargaining idea

Post by KenoraPilot »

So what is it you do in this industry? Just curious to have an idea for your view points?
---------- ADS -----------

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

He just jumps in to stir the pot.

avpride
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by avpride »

Rowdy wrote: Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:09 am He just jumps in to stir the pot.
But .....

BingBong
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by BingBong »

KenoraPilot wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:47 pm
nwopilot wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 am I always wondered this. What is the “classic airline”?
The classic airline was (from what I understand) an attempt by the company to spin off the DH8 classics into its own airline (kinda like rouge and swoop). In an attempt to make it another division with cheaper labour. What ended up happening was a cap was placed on salaries for the DH8 for all "B" scale hires. Anyone hired post Jan 2015 on the DH8 will max out at the 7 year captain/FO wage. After year 7 there is no more "growth on the pay scale" for the DH8. So all "B" scale pilots must bid off the Classic at the end of their 7th year.

I agree with Rowdy this is 100% got to change with the upcoming contract. My 7 years as a Captain on the DH8 will be 2025 so I am all guns a blazin for the removal of the "cap". I quite love the DH8 and intend to stay on it as long as possible. (side note I am attempting to join the various committees with the end going of being on the negotiations committee in a few years) You're 100% the ALPA MEC/LEC and committees need some B scale rep. But this can't be about us vs them (A vs B). We need to make this a company worth staying at and one worth staying at until you move on to AC if that's your choice. I personally believe thats 100% achievable. (maybe dreaming but thats my opinion)
I sincerely hope you achieve all those things. But will never happen unless the current MEC and negots chair are still at the helm. A snake bite only heals once all the poison is removed

Rowdy
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rowdy »

BingBong wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 5:04 pm
KenoraPilot wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 2:47 pm
nwopilot wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 am I always wondered this. What is the “classic airline”?
The classic airline was (from what I understand) an attempt by the company to spin off the DH8 classics into its own airline (kinda like rouge and swoop). In an attempt to make it another division with cheaper labour. What ended up happening was a cap was placed on salaries for the DH8 for all "B" scale hires. Anyone hired post Jan 2015 on the DH8 will max out at the 7 year captain/FO wage. After year 7 there is no more "growth on the pay scale" for the DH8. So all "B" scale pilots must bid off the Classic at the end of their 7th year.

I agree with Rowdy this is 100% got to change with the upcoming contract. My 7 years as a Captain on the DH8 will be 2025 so I am all guns a blazin for the removal of the "cap". I quite love the DH8 and intend to stay on it as long as possible. (side note I am attempting to join the various committees with the end going of being on the negotiations committee in a few years) You're 100% the ALPA MEC/LEC and committees need some B scale rep. But this can't be about us vs them (A vs B). We need to make this a company worth staying at and one worth staying at until you move on to AC if that's your choice. I personally believe thats 100% achievable. (maybe dreaming but thats my opinion)
I sincerely hope you achieve all those things. But will never happen unless the current MEC and negots chair are still at the helm. A snake bite only heals once all the poison is removed
Movement is afoot to replace them. I know they recently re-elected themselves (I believe they called it win by acclamation) but this term will be the end of the line.

Warnergah
Rank 0
Rank 0

Bargaining idea

Post by Warnergah »

Strange: looks like an LJ tail code VP-23 and Id stick by P2V, so maybe USN rather than JASDF/JMSDF?

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Huh?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Warnergah wrote: Mon Dec 24, 2018 3:10 am Strange: looks like an LJ tail code VP-23 and Id stick by P2V, so maybe USN rather than JASDF/JMSDF?
Wrong thread maybe

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”