can foreigner get AME M license in canada?

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Kamranek
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: can foreigner get AME M license in canada?

Post by Kamranek »

I am currently being employed as an aircraft engineer and prior to this I have completed 2 years BTEC national diploma in, I hold UAE AME licensr since 2010.

I had recently applied for Canadian AME license little I knew I had gotten all the documents attested as certified true copy throughy organization's quality assurance and had submitted experience letter and even filled up TC log book.
I was sent a rejection letter obviously because of certifying process should have been notary public as mentioned in letter but also below points on my education which was completed outside the Canada, could somebody after referring to below assist me with what do TC needs and how can I provide them with what they need,
Canadian AME license with below requirements to be filled,

1) A transcript of marks indicated in percentage

2) Theoretical hours of training in each subject area of the course

3) A Detailed curriculum of the programme including each subject area breakdown
---------- ADS -----------

robertw
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by robertw »

The best thing for you to do is to contact your local Transport Canada (TCCA) office, make an appointment, go down there with whatever documentation you have on your training, experience and current licensing and discuss with them what they require. If you're not in country, it will be difficult to do, but you can still try to contact them by phone. I wouldn't suggest email... You'll probably never hear back from them.

TCCA does accept some foreign training as outlined in CAR Std. 566.02. Read the link below for more details.

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/r ... tm#566s_01

If they don't accept your training, there are several options for TCCA approved training. They include a number of training institutes as well as one distance learning option (International Career School). They are all outlined here:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/s ... -529.htm#I

The experience you need to have is outlined in CAR Std. 566 Appendix A, Table of Requirements in the link below:

http://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilaviation/r ... 01-262.htm

It sounds like you've got a lot of experience, so you may only have to do 6 months work here in Canada, but that will be up to the TCCA office processing your application. You will have to write a few exams though.

I hope this was helpful. Good luck!

ChauPhong
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by ChauPhong »

Hello there,

I've been employed as an aircraft engineer in my country for 14 years. I'm doing my EASA part 66 self study and passed most of the requirement modules and I'm also preparing to submit to get EASA part 66 approval.

1- If EASA part 66 is approved or be converted to Canada AME?
2- The Maintenance experiences hours is calculated since graduated from ATO or can be referred to previously gain.

Mario25
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Mario25 »

CAN YOU GET YOU S LENIENCE IF YOU WENT TO SCHOOL FOR YOUR M BUT DID SOME S COURSES IN SCHOOL. AFTER LEFT WORKING AS AIRCRAFT ASSEMBLER AND WORKING AT AMO AND DOING ALL STRUCTURES JOB CAN YOU GO FOR THE S LIENCE OR YOU WILL HAVE TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL. FOR BASIC TRAINING

Fuzzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fuzzy »

Hi
Iam working as Avionic Technician for 8 yrs. 3 yrs in Avionics workshop and 5 yrs in line maintenance avionics.
I have done diploma in aerospace engineering and Bachelor in Aircraft Engineering.
How do i apply for canada AME E licence exam? Or do i need to do basic training course from canada to get accepted by TC? Would my gulf experience will be accepted?
I have recently got selected for Quebec immigration and now processing for federal. It will take some time to process for permanent residence to issue, I need guidance how i proceed to get canada AME E licence so i can get job in quebec.
Thanks

Fuzzy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Fuzzy »

Hi
Iam working as Avionic Technician for 8 yrs. 3 yrs in Avionics workshop and 5 yrs in line maintenance avionics.
I have done diploma in aerospace engineering and Bachelor in Aircraft Engineering.
How do i apply for canada AME E licence exam? Or do i need to do basic training course from canada to get accepted by TC? Would my gulf experience will be accepted?
I have recently got selected for Quebec immigration and now processing for federal. It will take some time to process for permanent residence to issue, I need guidance how i proceed to get canada AME E licence so i can get job in quebec.
Thanks

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

Go to the nearest TC office and speak to someone, they will look at your papers and determine what you have to do.

spance
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by spance »

AGG wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2017 9:10 pm Hi there, I´m foreigner I have been working in the aviation field 4 years (B737 and A320 Experience).
last year I went to Transport Canada office, the chief inspector recommend this course https://www.icslearn.ca/programs/trades ... -mechanics is a short course, (all the books are from Jeppesen.) I think the most difficult part is get a job offer and then get the work permit.. but if is your goal, let´s go !!!

Regards..
hi, I'm new here.im from Taiwan who also wants to work in Canada as an aircraft mechanic.after all these years is there any answer of how to get the license for foreigners? i study aerospace for my college degree.

Return to “Maintenance”