what we've all been waiting for

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

leftoftrack
Rank 8
Rank 8

what we've all been waiting for

Post by leftoftrack »

Top Gun 2 has begun shooting
---------- ADS -----------

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: what we've all been waiting for

Post by Jet Jockey »

Will they be using as many models as in the first movie?

Hopefully they are not bringing back Kelly McKellis!

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:10 pm https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNxvXj9nff4

I like the opening still
Definitely one of the most iconic movie openings of all time.

I gotta give it to him, Tom Cruise has managed to be apart of a lot of amazing movies (at least visually). The roles he picks are nearly identical, but they are entertaining.

Wonder if he'll be able to bring some of that MI magic back to TG2.

S.

Aussiecat
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Aussiecat »

Hopefully Kenny loggins 'Danger zone' can be left off the sound track, so tired of every youtube video of a guy in his C172 etc. having that song as background

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

If they want a blockbuster, they better have Zombie Goose in it!

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

It's 2018, it'll feature a dull dialogue, full of simple language, along with unusually huge explosions filmed at multiple angles and replayed in slow motion multiple times. At peculiar parts in the movie, you'll hear this dull thrum sound for no reason as well: "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh". There may or may not be comic book character thrown in for good measure. My neighbour has a man-bun and vapes, I'll ask him, or her or whatever this individual is identifying with today what they have heard on snapchat.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

CL-Skadoo! wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:08 pm It's 2018, it'll feature a dull dialogue, full of simple language, along with unusually huge explosions filmed at multiple angles and replayed in slow motion multiple times. At peculiar parts in the movie, you'll hear this dull thrum sound for no reason as well: "buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh". There may or may not be comic book character thrown in for good measure. My neighbour has a man-bun and vapes, I'll ask him, or her or whatever this individual is identifying with today what they have heard on snapchat.
I imagine it's going to be a push for F-35s going to war with Russia once again. Trump wrote the script FYI. Probably why it will full of simple langue plus lots of SADS and BADS.

May'be they'll use those Mig 29s and Su27 twins that were on controller 4 years ago and dissapeared soon after listing.

I am genuinely excited...

S.

mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

I read somewhere that the reason it hasn’t happened sooner is because they insisted on using real jets instead of CGI, and they had to sort that out with the Defense Department...

Noo
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Noo »

There's nothing cool about an F-35. Even the F-18 (which I've heard they're using) is significantly less interesting than the F-14 which was the star of the first movie. Hopefully the enemy airplanes are something special.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Noo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:54 pm There's nothing cool about an F-35. Even the F-18 (which I've heard they're using) is significantly less interesting than the F-14 which was the star of the first movie. Hopefully the enemy airplanes are something special.
Yeah I agree. As much as I love the F-18, the F-4 and F-14 are two of the coolest airplanes ever. I’ve spent hours as a kid looking up at those two planes in awe at Air shows.

Eric Janson
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Eric Janson »

I imagine this will be ruined with Political Correctness like so many other films....

Always fly a stable approach - it's the only stability you'll find in this business
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

I thought the navajo on the street in yyc report was out. Sigh...

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I’m trying to imagine a plot that doesn’t involve aliens. Or Captain America.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Rockie wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:03 am I’m trying to imagine a plot that doesn’t involve aliens. Or Captain America.
Or apparently 'sword fighting...'.

Gotta love Tarantino.

S.

gwagen
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by gwagen »

Noo wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:54 pm There's nothing cool about an F-35. Even the F-18 (which I've heard they're using) is significantly less interesting than the F-14 which was the star of the first movie. Hopefully the enemy airplanes are something special.
Have you seen an F-35 fly in person?

I have and it was truly spectacular. It’s capable of absolutely astonishing things.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

gwagen wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:29 pm [quote=Noo post_id=<a href="tel:1041642">1041642</a> time=<a href="tel:1527882899">1527882899</a> user_id=54560]
There's nothing cool about an F-35. Even the F-18 (which I've heard they're using) is significantly less interesting than the F-14 which was the star of the first movie. Hopefully the enemy airplanes are something special.
Have you seen an F-35 fly in person?

I have and it was truly spectacular. It’s capable of absolutely astonishing things.
[/quote]

I hate to burst your bubble, but the astonishing things the F35 is supposed to be capable of would be invisible to you watching it fly.

Spandau
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Spandau »

2R
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by 2R »

The hidden humour and true meaning of Top Gun stands out when you put the sub titles on . Some might not find the camp humour funny . The movie has more hidden metaphors than the Benny Hill show. Benny Hill got some great ones passed the censors.
Top Gun had some really great one liners and if you pay attention I am sure the next Top Gun will be worth watching more than once .
Who knows it may even generate a renewed interest in Volleyball , and steam rooms :)

Return to “General Comments”