WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: WestJet pilots to fly Swoop aircraft

Post by J Roc »

Jumbo744 wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:14 am
J Roc wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:35 am
flyzam wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm

They let you guys fly airplanes? No wonder they were trying to hire OTS
Hahaha. I'm an average pilot at best my friend! :D

Can't say that I've ever been deemed un-upgradeable though. Can all the "OTS" captains make that claim? :wink:
Slow down here...Here are some FACTS: Most OTS Captains at Swoop were all either: Captains on widebodies in the Gulf, in Asia, Europe or even at Cargojet. Those guys were Captains, Training Captains on A330s, 777s, 787s, 75/767s, etc...Same for the FOs they were Captains on smaller jets here in Canada.
Calm down, I'm just asking a question. The question was "can ALLof the OTS captains make that claim".

However, you didn't really answer the question, which is fine - I don't think it'll matter soon enough. Once the 26 replacement captains are trained up, the OTS captains will be " directed otherwise by the Meditator/Arbitratior".

The ball is still in play.
---------- ADS -----------

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

True North wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:53 am
flyzam wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:30 pm

They let you guys fly airplanes? No wonder they were trying to hire OTS

Can't say that I've ever been deemed un-upgradeable though. Can all the "OTS" captains make that claim? :wink:
I have no idea but they are undoubtedly more mature and professional. If I were a WestJet pilot I would be profoundly embarrassed to admit it with what is going on here. Just pathetic.
:? Honest questions and playful banter on a public forum are the measure of "maturity and professionalism"? Sorry you feel that way. :?

Other than being a average pilot at best, I'm respectful and professional. The swoop pilots will get the same professional respect I give every other pilot I cross paths with. Nothing more, nothing less.

Most people know who I am on here and I don't cower behind an anonymous handle. My opinions are consistent in person - I honestly believe that the OTS pilots don't deserve those jobs and that some may not keep the title of Captain. This doesn't make me " immature" or "unprofessional', it makes me an individual with independent thought.

As far as the bad jokes and misinterpreted banter? Well, I'm just having a bit of fun - try not to take this too serious.

True North
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by True North »

J Roc wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am

I have no idea but they are undoubtedly more mature and professional. If I were a WestJet pilot I would be profoundly embarrassed to admit it with what is going on here. Just pathetic.
:? Honest questions and playful banter on a public forum are the measure of "maturity and professionalism"? Sorry you feel that way. :?

Other than being a average pilot at best, I'm respectful and professional. The swoop pilots will get the same professional respect I give every other pilot I cross paths with. Nothing more, nothing less.

Most people know who I am on here and I don't cower behind an anonymous handle. My opinions are consistent in person - I honestly believe that the OTS pilots don't deserve those jobs and that some may not keep the title of Captain. This doesn't make me " immature" or "unprofessional', it makes me an individual with independent thought.

As far as the bad jokes and misinterpreted banter? Well, I'm just having a bit of fun - try not to take this too serious.
Trust me, I stopped taking you seriously quite a while ago.

J Roc
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by J Roc »

True North wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:45 am
J Roc wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:32 am

Trust me, I stopped taking you seriously quite a while ago.
Bahaha! Saw that coming... :lol:

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

Why are there 6 more “bypass” positions in YHM? Does that mean in YHM there will be 23 OUT OF SENORITY pilots occupying the left seat, plus 23 bypass pilots from the June bid. Plus 6 more now?

tbaylx
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by tbaylx »

Tacoma wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:23 pm Why are there 6 more “bypass” positions in YHM? Does that mean in YHM there will be 23 OUT OF SENORITY pilots occupying the left seat, plus 23 bypass pilots from the June bid. Plus 6 more now?
Those are the first of the 23 pilots who are currently awarded the bypass positions starting to arrive at Swoop, don’t go getting all excited, there aren’t any more, yet.

Ex99guy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Ex99guy »

Hey Tbaylx,

Enough with the cavalier attitude.

Every time we here that disgusting call sign on the radio we all die inside.

My "jumpseat" will never be open to the "26".

Pound sand,

Regards,

The rest of Canadian aviation

Jumbo744
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Jumbo744 »

Ex99guy wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 am Hey Tbaylx,

Pound sand,

Regards,

You sound way too emotional. Very few people care about ''Your'' jumpseat. And by the way Swoop is expanding, you might actually need their jumpseat soon. You do not represent Canadian aviation. STFU and thank you.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

Swoop is expanding with all WJ pilots, so it's a tail/uniform shuffle...so yeah those jumps seats will be open.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Skyhunter
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Skyhunter »

Pound sand,

Regards,

First , I have no skin in this game just to be clear from the outset.

I have a question for you. Say a guy was PFO’d by WJ, by AC, by encore. Your telling me you can be upset with that guy taking a swoop job. If so then I think you are the one with some anger issues.

eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

Pound sand,

Regards,

Hey turboprop pusher. You don't speak for me. Move on and grow up loser.

Sincerely the rest of Canadian Aviation that doesn't give a toss about pilots that clean planes

sicamore
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by sicamore »

Pound sand,

Regards,

Still stuck at encore Ex99guy? If it makes you feel better, never mind, with your attitude you were probably deemed unupgradable

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

Was told today that 6 of the previously awarded bypass positions resigned for DEC’s at Sunwing....therefore 6 more bypass Captains required to keep the total at 23 since 3 positions were previously eliminated.....time will tell if this is accurate.

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyzam »

Ex DC10 Driver wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:55 pm Was told today that 6 of the previously awarded bypass positions resigned for DEC’s at Sunwing....therefore 6 more bypass Captains required to keep the total at 23 since 3 positions were previously eliminated.....time will tell if this is accurate.
That is correct, Sunwing has accepted a number of Swoop pilots into their ranks. Expect more to come.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

Just to clarify are these 6 westjet pilots who were awarded bypass positions and have now quit to fly for sunwing? Or 6 OTS original swoop pilots quit for sunwing?

Ex DC10 Driver
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ex DC10 Driver »

They are WestJet F/O’s. If they were Swoop Captains then the bypass positions would of been reduced by 6 as per Kaplan’s ruling.

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

eyebrow737 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:42 pm

Pound sand,

Regards,

Sincerely the rest of Canadian Aviation that doesn't give a toss about pilots that clean planes
I'm confused. He's referring to westjet pilots specifically, and you're refering to westjet pilots. Its an accurate statement that he as a WJ pilot will deny those swoop pilots the jump seat. I gather youre not? So what do you care? Whose the loser now, oh that's right someone didnt get involved in your labour dispute.

Skyhunter, as for the getting PFO comment, yeah if you've had all those doors slammed in your face, it's time to take a long hard look in the mirror. It's a piss poor argument, especially during a pilot shortage. Look I know that this industry is anything but fair, some great people have been turned away for silly reasons, but that doesnt give them a right to jump into a labour dispute and not expect backlash.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
eyebrow737
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by eyebrow737 »

KAG wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Pound sand,

Regards,

I'm confused. He's referring to westjet pilots specifically, and you're refering to westjet pilots. Its an accurate statement that he as a WJ pilot will deny those swoop pilots the jump seat. I gather youre not? So what do you care? Whose the loser now, oh that's right someone didnt get involved in your labour dispute.

Skyhunter, as for the getting PFO comment, yeah if you've had all those doors slammed in your face, it's time to take a long hard look in the mirror. It's a piss poor argument, especially during a pilot shortage. Look I know that this industry is anything but fair, some great people have been turned away for silly reasons, but that doesnt give them a right to jump into a labour dispute and not expect backlash.
Eh? I'm taking exception at junior talking for "the rest of Canadian Aviation". Wtf are you talking about?

.80@410
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by .80@410 »

Jumbo744 wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 am

Pound sand,

Regards,

You sound way too emotional. Very few people care about ''Your'' jumpseat. And by the way Swoop is expanding, you might actually need their jumpseat soon. You do not represent Canadian aviation. STFU and thank you.
I understand his POV better than I understand anyone defending these backstabbing dirty 30.

Ya maybe “rest of Canadian aviation “ is broad .
However, 91 % of WJ pilots telling these guys to “pound sand “ is pretty accurate .

Just callin it like it is.
Skyhunter
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Skyhunter »

KAG wrote: Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:04 pm

Pound sand,

Regards,

Kag

I respectfully disagree with your opinion. If I had all those doors slammed in my face I am sure I would have seriously considered applying. Fortunately I am not in that situation. And if you were, can you honestly say you wouldn’t have thought about it? Maybe you can but I think you would be a rare case personally.

Return to “WestJet”