Air Georgian-National Post Article

Post by atpilot »

---------- ADS -----------

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Air Georgian-National Post Article

Post by iflyroads »

any thread about this seems to be getting taken down.

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Well given they seem to be the only ad sponsor on this site... makes sense lol.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repor ... 6w0092.asp

I'd like to hear from the mods about why we're allowed to discuss a Westwind crash, an Air Canada crash and near miss plus the WJs incident. But ggn has a gear collapse and all hell breaks loose.

Maybe it's time to find another forum. The biased moderating is getting quite bad.

Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Thorjones »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:33 am http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repor ... 6w0092.asp

I'd like to hear from the mods about why we're allowed to discuss a Westwind crash, an Air Canada crash and near miss plus the WJs incident. But ggn has a gear collapse and all hell breaks loose.

Maybe it's time to find another forum. The biased moderating is getting quite bad.
could it be that ggn negotiated admin privileges for this forum in their ad deal? I have seen a few accounts be deleted, the ones that speak against ggn. LongPaws the most recent...former co-worker of mine.

Air.Field
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Air.Field »

Lightchop wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:56 am Well given they seem to be the only ad sponsor on this site... makes sense lol.
ad block

North Shore
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by North Shore »

goingnowherefast wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:33 am http://www.tsb.gc.ca/eng/rapports-repor ... 6w0092.asp

I honestly have no idea...above my pay grade.

Say, what's that mountain goat doing up here in the mist?
Happiness is V1 at Thompson!
Ass, Licence, Job. In that order.
av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

North Shore wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:26 am

I honestly have no idea...above my pay grade.
You really don’t have any idea. Do you not see the Georgian ads all over this site? Who do you think is paying the bills?

Xonga013
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Xonga013 »

Why don’t they pay their employees more instead of wasting money on ineffective ads than nobody cares for?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

Their pay seems fair to me. I would gladly accept an offer of employment however they don't hire higher time candidates.

Xonga013 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 am Why don’t they pay their employees more instead of wasting money on ineffective ads than nobody cares for?

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:53 pm Their pay seems fair to me. I would gladly accept an offer of employment however they don't hire higher time candidates.

Xonga013 wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:43 am Why don’t they pay their employees more instead of wasting money on ineffective ads than nobody cares for?
Huh? A base pay of 4900 CAD/month (70 CAD/credit, 70 min credit) for an RJ captain is fair?? Unless you have access to an updated pay scale, that seems mighty low though...

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Yes in my opinion it's fair, you are entitled to your opinion to.
With avg Canadian salary below that, many would love to make that amount of money.

[/quote]
Huh? A base pay of 4900 CAD/month (70 CAD/credit, 70 min credit) for an RJ captain is fair?? Unless you have access to an updated pay scale, that seems mighty low though...
[/quote]

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:10 pm Yes in my opinion it's fair, you are entitled to your opinion to.
With avg Canadian salary below that, many would love to make that amount of money.

[/quote]
[/quote]

And you're part of the problem. I'll give you $5 to go away. Seems fair right?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

What's the problem?

[/quote]
And you're part of the problem. I'll give you $5 to go away. Seems fair right?
[/quote]

Xonga013
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Xonga013 »

Troll.

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

GGN management troll?

Lightchop
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Lightchop »

Lol @ average Canadian salary...

Do average Canadians have 74 lives in their hands? Did they sleep in hotels 15 nights a month? Are they required to always be ready for the inevitable?

Troll.

flyzam
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyzam »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:10 pm Huh? A base pay of 4900 CAD/month (70 CAD/credit, 70 min credit) for an RJ captain is fair?? Unless you have access to an updated pay scale, that seems mighty low though...

Let's face it. If you are going to talk about GGN salaries then you better broaden it to all of Canada. Canadian salaries are the worst in the modern world and beyond. 55k at air Canada is nothing more than a joke. Yet most pilots jump at the chance.

To be fair, you're all part of the problem.

avpride
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by avpride »

Lightchop wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:46 am Lol @ average Canadian salary...

Do average Canadians have 74 lives in their hands? Did they sleep in hotels 15 nights a month? Are they required to always be ready for the inevitable?

Troll.
Umm really.... no some design or build bridges, keep your family safe from crime, fire, etc. Educate your kids, provide safe food for you to eat, drive hazardous materials on our public roads. Being a pilot is a great job in a rewarding field but, please, do not put it above others regarding level of responsibility, dedication, commitment, professionalism and so many more attributes that are present in a great number of professions. Be proud you are a pilot but yes average Canadians have a lot of jobs that have grave safety consequences if they do them poorly.

Thorjones
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Thorjones »

So does all this mean that fair pay is around 5k a month?

Let's see the upper management at GGN live off that then. Cut down their pay. Think of all the savings.... :smt040

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”