SA Pilot looking for an opportunity

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Jaco77
Rank 0
Rank 0

SA Pilot looking for an opportunity

Post by Jaco77 »

Good Day to All

I hope i can get some clarity and help

I am a South African citizen looking for an opportunity in Canada.
My Family currently lives in Canada and i am the only one still left in South Africa.
My passion is aviation and flying.

I have the following qualifications
SACAA Multi engine IF CPL with credits in all SA ATPL exams
Flight Instructor GradeII

I currently have 1150 total hours of which mostly is on single engine piston.
I have a total of 780 hours of instruction on most SEP

I am willing to wash aircraft and sweep the Hangar for an opportunity to fly in canada, as i can understand i need to do a coversion to TCAA which i am willing to fund and to get myself in Canada.
I am looking for any company or organization which are willing to help me with works visas etc in Canada

I am very hard working and willing to basically do any kind of Job to get me flying at tge end.

Anyones help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
Jaco Joubert
---------- ADS -----------

pelmet
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: SA Pilot looking for an opportunity

Post by pelmet »

Contact Buffalo Air and tell them what you said here. Not sure how the visa thing will work though.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

Jaco77 wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:19 am Good Day to All

My Family currently lives in Canada and i am the only one still left in South Africa.

I am willing to wash aircraft and sweep the Hangar for an opportunity to fly in canada, as i can understand i need to do a coversion to TCAA which i am willing to fund and to get myself in Canada.
I am looking for any company or organization which are willing to help me with works visas etc in Canada

I am very hard working and willing to basically do any kind of Job to get me flying at tge end.

Kind Regards
Jaco Joubert
Or north wright aviation.

Either ways, it’s next to impossible to get a working visa as a pilot.we have plenty of pilots (not really, but immigration will be the last person you would expect to admit the pilot shortage)

Your best bet, find another avenue to make the move / immigrate to Canada. Once you get here, work a job as you do your conversion and such, and then try and find a spot to fly at. Also, you would want to start getting those multi engine hours up while you still can.

Most employers obviously prefer Canadian Residents (PR) or citizens over anyone else (that is the law here, and we are going to keep it that way)

Good luck

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FL007 »

MrTurbine wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am

Kind Regards
Jaco Joubert

Either ways, it’s next to impossible to get a working visa as a pilot.we have plenty of pilots (not really, but immigration will be the last person you would expect to admit the pilot shortage)

Your best bet, find another avenue to make the move / immigrate to Canada. Once you get here, work a job as you do your conversion and such, and then try and find a spot to fly at. Also, you would want to start getting those multi engine hours up while you still can.

Most employers obviously prefer Canadian Residents (PR) or citizens over anyone else (that is the law here, and we are going to keep it that way)

Good luck
Not really plenty of pilots? We have do have plenty. 5 or 6 + work ground or Dispatch in every company up north.

MrTurbine
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by MrTurbine »

FL007 wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:22 am
MrTurbine wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:00 am

Kind Regards
Jaco Joubert

Good luck
Not really plenty of pilots? We have do have plenty. 5 or 6 + work ground or Dispatch in every company up north.
I was sarcastic. We have plenty. But a lot of them not overly experienced.

Return to “General Comments”