Need a little help getting a "lift"

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

FL007
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Need a little help getting a "lift"

Post by FL007 »

rookiepilot wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:00 pm Sorry. I still see this thread like this: (one of many)

https://www.gofundme.com/Helpmecompletingmytraining

When there are so many stories like this.

https://www.gofundme.com/wesoamo-childcancer-fund

Yeah I wonder which one I would rather help.
Oh my God that first link is cringe. I can't believe people would actually try this.

Edit: there's a LOT of people who try this, lol
---------- ADS -----------

shimmydampner
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by shimmydampner »

With a pathetic sob story like that and being too emotional to handle 9 weeks away from your chick, I got news for you: she's probably already looking for a new man, or woman. If you buggered up your finances so badly that you can't afford to go see her, guess what? It's not in the cards. Pull your shit together dude. And for the love of good, toughen up. It's 9 weeks. After all, I can't imagine the thought of you groveling on the internet like a little b!+©# is a big turn on for too many women.

Kfarr87
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kfarr87 »

@ HiFlyChick Thank you.

I can definitely see your perspective on this.

@ C.W.E.

I get what you are saying liability is a big issue.

@ Everyone else, I guess attacks like this are the status quo in the aerospace industry and public message boards. Things like this make me loose my faith in humanity a little and make me less inclined to be generous going forward. I think back on all the times I bought you donuts, lent a wrench, fixed your computer for free, was a shoulder to cry on for you, etc. However I'll still be there because that's who I am. I'll still buy that homless man a meal when my visa bill is due. I will still help others.

Perhaps I just expected too much, and am having trouble reconciling that with reality. It's my problem to handle.

Thank you,
K

172_Captain
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by 172_Captain »

Kfarr87 wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:02 am I bought you donuts...fixed your computer free...
I’m on a diet, and I’ve never brought in my computer for repairs...so thanks

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

KFARR.

Secret to life. Expect nothing.

No one owes you a thing.

Too many have never figured this out. They want to all blame Trump for their problems.

AuxBatOn
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by AuxBatOn »

Dude, 9 weeks away from your GF?! Really?!

Soldiers spend months in war zones away from their families with sub-standard internet and very limited possibilities to talk to their families. Get a grip.

Going for the deck at corner
flyingjerry
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyingjerry »

If you went to the temping agency and worked these past 5 days you'd already have your ticket out there. Even hitchhiking would have gotten you there by now!

After reading everyone's input. Have you decided on doing anything? What has changed since your initial post 5 days ago? Maybe not with this trip, but just in your general perspective on life. New car? Buying new furniture? Have you reconsidered the word "need"?

Return to “General Comments”