The Air Canada OTS thread

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

your flight time ?

500+ PIC JET
4%
500+ PIC JET 2 CREW
10%
500+ PIC TURBOPROP 2 CREW
16%
1000+ F/O JET/TURBOPROP 2 CREW
17%
Total Time 1500/2000
5%
2000/3000
11%
3000/ More
37%

Total votes: 969

nottellin
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: The Air Canada OTS thread

Post by nottellin »

I got the we are unable to offer employment at this time. Welcome to reapply in 6 months about a month after interview. I am ots. Seems like the 12 month email is better then the one I got. JLA are you with an express carrier? Wonder if that has anything to do with different emails. I did medical and interview over a month ago.
---------- ADS -----------

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Me thinks the AC hiring party is over for now... look how Jazz is overstaffed and offering LOA's...its just like a train derailment....

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

deleted

Last edited by Sharklasers on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Boomer74
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Boomer74 »

Hey everyone,
I don't post here very often, but I went through the interview process about 2 months ago. After I did my medical, the HR lady said if I had any questions to email or call her. Well, I received the same letter about a month ago stating that hiring had stopped for the summer and would resume in the fall and to feel free to reapply if I don't hear anything for 12 months. As I had one job offer already from another company, I wanted to know what this letter meant to make an informed decision, so I called up the HR lady. She was very helpful and what I took from the conversation is that they were going to take a brake on courses for the summer and resume in the fall. Instead of making everybody wait, this email was sent. Further, when courses start in the fall, I got the impression there will be quite a few courses until next spring. I hope this helps!

FighterPilot
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by FighterPilot »

I know first hand that OTS pilots have been interviewing the last few days. The Jazz slowdown has nothing to do with AC and are not interconnected as flow is not 100%.

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

Atleast 200 plus pilots need to be hired in the fall.

June 18th gs took some exp and some OTS. Jet time was an asset for the upcoming GS. It will likely be the only GS for the summer.

Every year AC slows down hiring for the summer. This year isn't an exception. Good luck to all who applied :)

JoeyBarton
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by JoeyBarton »

iflyroads wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:16 am Atleast 200 plus pilots need to be hired in the fall.

June 18th gs took some exp and some OTS. Jet time was an asset for the upcoming GS. It will likely be the only GS for the summer.

Every year AC slows down hiring for the summer. This year isn't an exception. Good luck to all who applied :)
[/quo

JLA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JLA »

Is it true that issuing conditionnal offers is no longer a thing, but that the company instead sends a 12 month e-mail?

GATRKGA
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by GATRKGA »

nottellin wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 pm I got the we are unable to offer employment at this time. Welcome to reapply in 6 months about a month after interview. I am ots. Seems like the 12 month email is better then the one I got. JLA are you with an express carrier? Wonder if that has anything to do with different emails. I did medical and interview over a month ago.
The last round of express PFO's didn't include "please reapply in 6 months" in the language. Did yours actually say reapply in 6 months? Because Sky Regional management is communicating to the pilot group that there is only ONE letter that is sent in the event of a PFO. Can you clarify?

Cheers!

yvrflyguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrflyguy »

Another PIT course announced for Aug 13

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

The last few ground schools seems like Encore/Westjet has a flow through agreement with AC.

July 23rd bid will be interesting, it will be a good indicator of future hiring.

ARGO
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ARGO »

Any predictions for the July bid?

TheStig
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by TheStig »

Any predictions would just be a guess. The next bid will start the construction of the airlines' plan for this winter through the summer of 2019. Starting this fall the YVR rouge 767 positions will be moved to YYZ and YUL as 737's are going to take over the Hawaiian routes. Next summer is up to the economists and marketing department to determine how many seats they think they'll be able to sell. Is the Canadian economy headed into recession? What will the competitive landscape look like? Where will oil prices be?

Aircraft acquisitions are a lengthy process but aircraft retirements are more adaptable, more A330's, B737's and 787's are arriving but when the A320's, EMJ's and 767's leave depends on whether the airline believes they can make money with them. Once they have this information, the Flight Operations department is responsible for crewing the airline at the lowest possible cost.

Over the next couple of bids I believe (pilot) growth will slow as smaller aircraft are replaced with larger ones (B767's for A330's and EMJ's for B737's), the rouge Airbus fleet will continue to grow, the A330 will return to YYZ, and retirements will continue to drive monthly hiring at a steady pace although upgrades at 1-2 years won't be seen.

landshark
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by landshark »

Do they contact our references if there’re going to give you a PFO? Any idea what the time is from interview to hearing back, these days?

K.Adams
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by K.Adams »

Any one care to share their timeline from initial interview to GS date?

Duke15
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Duke15 »

K.Adams wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:46 am Any one care to share their timeline from initial interview to GS date?
about three months for me

JLA
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by JLA »

Anybody else got the e-mail stating their application was on hold for maximum 12 months?

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by iflyroads »

JLA wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:26 am Anybody else got the e-mail stating their application was on hold for maximum 12 months?
How recently did you get this email?

Ironman2909
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Ironman2909 »

Calls went last week for a pit course in August.

yvrflyguy
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by yvrflyguy »

Has anyone actually gotten a call for the Aug PIT course?

Return to “Air Canada”