Westjet mainline commuting

Discuss topics relating to Westjet.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Westjet mainline commuting

Post by KAG »

tbaylx wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:17 pm
jjj wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:10 pm With exception of the hiring ban which came first - the list above is frankly unacceptable.

Tbalx - you’re calling out the conduct of others yet seem to believe that your own conduct somehow doesn’t matter. You and your kind have behaved far from exemplary.

You pissed in people’s cornflakes and they’re mad.

JJJ
I've never once made a personal attack against anyone despite taking lots in return. I get that they're mad and disagree with us and that's fine, but there is no excuse for conducting yourself unprofessionally and I try to keep that in mind with my posts on here. If I've at any time acted unprofessionally in my responses then i regret that, but I'm fairly confident I've never personally attacked anyone.

Think we aren't mad at some of the stuff thrown our way? Yet you don't see any of the Swoop OTS guys making personal threats or gloating or acting like children who didn't get their way. You can can have a difference of opinion and still act like an adult. There are plenty of pros at Westjet that do just that.
Actually that's not true. At least from one fella, who gloated online about crossing the line, among other things that dont need to be brought up here. It's a 2 way street.
Fact is, you took a job during a labour dispute and pissed off 2000 of your peers. Personally I'd back off the defensive stance and pipe down. Sure it sucks to be talked down to but honestly, what did you expect? Hey we're fighting for proper conditions and representation but it's cool, take my job for 40% less, and insure years of whipsawing and such, welcome to westjet.

That all said, I'm confident this will blow over in time. I'm looking forward to that.
---------- ADS -----------

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
Tango Niner
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Tango Niner »

cloak wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:19 pm Mob mentality, cyber-bullying anonymously or unprofessional conduct and comments not only will diminish the image of the group, but in the end hurt the bullies more than anyone else; because they are the ones that have to live within that perceived reality every day. One who is miserable and ungrateful in victory or defeat, knows no happiness!
+ 1. Time to turn the page and move on.

RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Tango Niner wrote: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:33 pm
cloak wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:19 pm Mob mentality, cyber-bullying anonymously or unprofessional conduct and comments not only will diminish the image of the group, but in the end hurt the bullies more than anyone else; because they are the ones that have to live within that perceived reality every day. One who is miserable and ungrateful in victory or defeat, knows no happiness!
+ 1. Time to turn the page and move on.
Possibly...

Depends how the arbitrator rules.

Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Transonic »

The page has yet to be finished.

I believe the arbitrator has thrown the decision regarding the OTS pilots back to WestJet. Now the question is does WestJet want to carry the burden of perpetual bypass pay to remain loyal to the 26 OTS CAs?

When thinking of that, keep in mind that the two EVPs that had their hands dirtiest in this mess just got retired (fired). OTS hiring was GS's strategy and it failed misirably resulting in the first quarterly loss since the Jetsgo days. At least for the senior leadership, all those that touched it are now gone/will be gone to erase the past.

There is one more mistake to be erased and it saves money....

Last edited by Transonic on Sat Jul 07, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RidersRule
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by RidersRule »

Exactly.

$103 an hour is cheap labour for a 737 driver.

$206/ hour not so much, but probably WestJet could still swallow that.

However if the arbitrator rules that Swoop pilots get WestJet rates, with bypass pay you could be looking upwards of $300 an hour. I can’t see WestJet wanting to go that route being how cheap this company has been over the last couple years.

Last edited by RidersRule on Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Transonic
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Transonic »

duplicate.

seriousflyer
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by seriousflyer »

I would agree with Transoceanic assessment of the EVP changes this summer... the main Execs. who built swoop and other dramatic business changes over the last 2-5 years are gone. There is one more wrong to right....and then all the new blood will be driving this airline into the next 5 years with a totally different mentality then the predecessors. Same business plan but different execution.

Tacoma
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Tacoma »

Exactly. I read the EVP job ads andjydt want to yell enough of the bullsh!t. Turn a new direction. Cost cutting has destroyed the company and cost so much!! Own up to past mistakes and start fresh.

tallyho
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by tallyho »

This is the funniest thread yet, the guy (tbalyx) who knowingly took WJ pilots jobs is trying to take the moral high ground. Delusional. Brilliant!!!!!!!!

Return to “WestJet”