I really like page 16 of the CHRT report

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

43S/172E
Rank 3
Rank 3

I really like page 16 of the CHRT report

Post by 43S/172E »

Get a coffee as it is a fun read...….

http://www.flypast60.com/Documents/2017CHRT22.pdf
---------- ADS -----------

Rooster69
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: I really like page 16 of the CHRT report

Post by Rooster69 »

Profound absurdity!

Say Altitude
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Say Altitude »

Bye Felicia...

Raymond Hall
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Raymond Hall »

To quote Yogi Berra, "It ain't over till it's over."

And, may I add, after twelve years of representing those who disagree with discrimination on the basis of age, "It ain't over."

Sharklasers
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Sharklasers »

deleted

Last edited by Sharklasers on Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

I wonder how many of these proud hypocrites will work beyond 60 when their time comes?

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Is the tribunal adjudicator a hypocrite now?

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

altiplano wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:14 am Is the tribunal adjudicator a hypocrite now?
If the adjudicator is an Air Canada pilot that fought to maintain a discriminatory practice against his own colleagues, then...yeah.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Hopefully the moderators will see fit to shut this topic down and put a stop to the back door attempts at trolling the AC pilot retirement issue. The best before date on this subject has long past, it needs to be taken off the AvCanada BBQ- it’s well done.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

With regards to trolling and this particular thread Old Fella, I agree.

However, this is still an ongoing legal matter with potential consequences for both sides. Air Canada pilots do not have their own forum outside of this one, and ACPA is hardly a reliable source of information accurately reporting on both sides of the issue. Raymond Hall comes here to report factual developments and then the peanut gallery from both sides (me included) start the beatings. I'd suggest this is necessary as calling a person a shameless hypocrite to their face in the cockpit is bad CRM form.

Over beers maybe, but then the next day is awkward....

:|

Just kidding about that actually, I've had spirited discussions with people over this issue including close friends and we got along just fine afterwards. Seems in person we tend to behave like grownups.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Well then Rockie, if AC pilots need a forum on this issue because other(or both sides) are miss represented, then it should be a private forum within the Air Canada AvCanada heading in my view with appropriate authorizations login and password.

I know all about spirited discussions believe me, remember those during my TC time at that pub across the street from Tower C YOW. Intense at times but have to say respectful even as the beer flowed. We were always on good speaking terms during/away from that dreaded C building. I still miss those days.

Rockie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by Rockie »

Old fella wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:23 am Well then Rockie, if AC pilots need a forum on this issue because other(or both sides) are miss represented, then it should be a private forum within the Air Canada AvCanada heading in my view with appropriate authorizations login and password.
Yes I agree, but history shows private Air Canada pilot forums have a limited lifespan due to the destructive monster they inevitably turn into. Staying public and moderated keeps us relatively civil.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Not trying to berate the point Rockie, but isn’t a issue of civility but the fact of the ongoing length. I have been here since 2007- way to long in my view but this subject has dominated with the many sub headings, twisted in many ways unimaginable. I mean how many times can each of you say the other is full of shit. Nothwithstanding the fact it is a done deal PILOTS at AC can WORK beyond 60 yrs old. How many effing times does that have to be repeated.

Rant done.

Dry Guy
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Dry Guy »

I don't understand. What is on page 16?

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Hey Old fella, I’m personally interested in how this goes and have to point out that a private AC forum would not allow Raymond Hall to participate, so his factual posts would still be here.
I would also like to point out that you have the option of not reading anything that has to do with this topic, myself I generally skip over the individual posts that don’t contribute and don’t have a problem with it.
If you don’t like FOX news, would you tune that channel?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

mbav8r wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 pm Hey Old fella, I’m personally interested in how this goes and have to point out that a private AC forum would not allow Raymond Hall to participate, so his factual posts would still be here.
I would also like to point out that you have the option of not reading anything that has to do with this topic, myself I generally skip over the individual posts that don’t contribute and don’t have a problem with it.
Normally I don’t respond to such commentary as tis the usual “ you have the option.......” I tire of it as many others do. Yes mbav8r, I many options up to and including blocking you, which I won’t do. I don’t need to remind you that all of us common- taters are entitled to contribute our views to any topic as long as it is within the rules of the board. This silly AC 60 debate(which has been settled) continues to be discussed( or trolled) ad nauseam. That’s my view, I stand by it and I don’t give a Cape Breton Fiddlers F$ck what you or any of your fellow AC tribe say or feel.

By your leave

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Old fella wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:35 pm
mbav8r wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:46 pm Hey Old fella, I’m personally interested in how this goes and have to point out that a private AC forum would not allow Raymond Hall to participate, so his factual posts would still be here.
Normally I don’t respond to such commentary as tis the usual “ you have the option.......” I tire of it as many others do. Yes mbav8r, I many options up to and including blocking you, which I won’t do. I don’t need to remind you that all of us common- taters are entitled to contribute our views to any topic as long as it is within the rules of the board. This silly AC 60 debate(which has been settled) continues to be discussed( or trolled) ad nauseam. That’s my view, I stand by it and I don’t give a Cape Breton Fiddlers F$ck what you or any of your fellow AC tribe say or feel.

By your leave
Old man yells at cloud, by all means block me!
By the way, it’s not settled yet, that is the point!

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Understated
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Understated »

Old fella wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:26 am I have been here since 2007- way to long in my view but this subject has dominated with the many sub headings, twisted in many ways unimaginable. I mean how many times can each of you say the other is full of shit. Nothwithstanding the fact it is a done deal PILOTS at AC can WORK beyond 60 yrs old. How many effing times does that have to be repeated.
Hey, Not So Old Fella:

Do you remember what Pierre Trudeau said to the lady who complained about having to read English on her box of Cheerios? "Turn the box around!"

If you don't like it, don't read it, and if you really don't like it, don't post complaining about it.

I second the above comments. The issue, as I understand it, is still alive, both at the Tribunal and in the Courts. Despite that fact, there hasn't been a Newsletter from the union's Age 60 Committee for years. Those guys, if they are still on the Committee (if it even exists) are too busy flying big airplanes and earning big bucks now that they are all over age 60, doing what they successfully opposed their predecessors from doing.

Allow the rest of us to be updated and informed as to the facts, which as others point out, are not otherwise available, and certainly are not available from our elected representatives.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Understated wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 pm
Old fella wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:26 am I have been here since 2007- way to long in my view but this subject has dominated with the many sub headings, twisted in many ways unimaginable. I mean how many times can each of you say the other is full of shit. Nothwithstanding the fact it is a done deal PILOTS at AC can WORK beyond 60 yrs old. How many effing times does that have to be repeated.
Hey, Not So Old Fella:

Do you remember what Pierre Trudeau said to the lady who complained about having to read English on her box of Cheerios? "Turn the box around!"

If you don't like it, don't read it, and if you really don't like it, don't post complaining about it.

I second the above comments. The issue, as I understand it, is still alive, both at the Tribunal and in the Courts. Despite that fact, there hasn't been a Newsletter from the union's Age 60 Committee for years. Those guys, if they are still on the Committee (if it even exists) are too busy flying big airplanes and earning big bucks now that they are all over age 60, doing what they successfully opposed their predecessors from doing.

Allow the rest of us to be updated and informed as to the facts, which as others point out, are not otherwise available, and certainly are not available from our elected representatives.
Indeed you are right Mr Understated ditto the mvar8 dude as well. In hindsight it really isn’t of any concern to me personally what AC pilots do/didn’t do past and present. It has zero affect on me never did, not now and never will. It is a strict internal AC pilot issue and tis best to let you guys/gals prattle on without comments from the peanut gallery(me). Honestly, I don’t need to see posts from you about the various tribunals, elected representatives, Newsletters and the like concerning Air Canada nor do I care what the “ facts” are and who does the informing. It bothers me not the age levels of AC pilots and their associated best before dates.

To that end, don’t read and comment- duly noted!

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Old fella »

Old fella wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:38 pm
Understated wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:21 pm
Hey, Not So Old Fella:

Indeed you are right Mr Understated, ditto the mbav8r dude as well. In hindsight it really isn’t of any concern to me personally what AC pilots do/didn’t do past and present. It has zero affect on me,never did, not now and never will. It is a strict internal AC pilot issue and tis best to let you guys/gals prattle on without comments from the peanut gallery(me). Honestly, I don’t need to see posts from you about the various tribunals, elected representatives, Newsletters and the like concerning Air Canada nor do I care what the “ facts” are and who does the informing. It bothers me not the age levels of AC pilots and their associated best before dates.

To that end, don’t read it and don’t comment on it. That’s duly noted!

Return to “Air Canada”