Huge discouragement

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Huge discouragement

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

cdnpilot77 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:58 pm I am not trashing you. You have been given good advice above and when that same advice was given before to the same question, the exact same response was given. There is work that needs to be done to move forward. Networking is not ass kissing. Learn the difference and it will be the key to unlocking your dilemma. Or keep trolling :smt102
Networking is another word for backside kissing. Why doesn't ones experience count for much?
---------- ADS -----------

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

I'll bite just for a moment, Pinocchio, and pretend that you just might be a real boy. If so, there are a whole docket of issues with your entire approach and you need to be open to some help, which many of us, including myself, have offered in other threads you've polluted.

Ever heard the expression about leading a horse to water? I don't know which of your realities is more questionable. My only possible conclusions are A) Fake posts -or- B) It's blatantly obvious at this point why you aren't being hired. If B, sorry to be harsh but the reasons are clear.

Best of luck.

(Edit, just saw that cdnpilot77 above echoed my sentiments, but I'll leave this up anyhow.)

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

DanWEC wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:06 pm I'll bite just for a moment, Pinocchio, and pretend that you just might be a real boy. If so, there are a whole docket of issues with your entire approach and you need to be open to some help, which many of us, including myself, have offered in other threads you've polluted.

Ever heard the expression about leading a horse to water? I don't know which of your realities is more questionable. My only possible conclusions are A) Fake posts -or- B) Pretty obvious why you aren't being hired. If B, sorry to be harsh but the reasons are clear.

Best of luck.
It's not obvious why I'm not getting hired.
I apply and don't receive job offer.
Please tell me another way to apply?
It's not as obvious as some of you think it is.

a313
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by a313 »

Last edited by a313 on Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

I paid Pilot Career Center couple hundred to produce professional cover letter and resume. I was under impression it would lead to multiple opportunities for Airline position.

TheRealMcCoy
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TheRealMcCoy »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm I paid Pilot Career Center couple hundred to produce professional cover letter and resume. I was under impression it would lead to multiple opportunities for Airline position.
Oh my sweet fcuk hahahaha.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:50 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm I paid Pilot Career Center couple hundred to produce professional cover letter and resume. I was under impression it would lead to multiple opportunities for Airline position.
Oh my sweet fcuk hahahaha.
May I ask what's so hahahaha?

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm
cdnpilot77 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:58 pm I am not trashing you. You have been given good advice above and when that same advice was given before to the same question, the exact same response was given. There is work that needs to be done to move forward. Networking is not ass kissing. Learn the difference and it will be the key to unlocking your dilemma. Or keep trolling :smt102
Networking is another word for backside kissing. Why doesn't ones experience count for much?
Because personality is everything in aviation, even more so in business aviation because you're not just directly responsible for your crew, you have an owner that you deal directly with. Networking is NOT NOT NOT a$$ kissing. Networking is keeping an open line of communication with people whether you know them well or not.

Once your garner a little light hearted personality and charm, you'll find networking doesn't require you to get on your knees and pucker up.

S.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:27 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:34 pm
Because personality is everything in aviation, even more so in business aviation because you're not just directly responsible for your crew, you have an owner that you deal directly with. Networking is NOT NOT NOT a$$ kissing. Networking is keeping an open line of communication with people whether you know them well or not.

Once your garner a little light hearted personality and charm, you'll find networking doesn't require you to get on your knees and pucker up.

S.
My line is open, no job offers from any airline to date.

Alcoholism
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Alcoholism »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am
TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:42 pmWhich Airline?
Air Canada. Went to flight school, got a degree, then took a few years off and worked in the oil patch, did some geo technical drilling, drove truck a bit and then sent em a resume and got in!
I will apply but likely waste of time.
If I can't get offered an FO position at EVAS or Air Georgian on 1900 I highly doubt AC will put me on a jet.
I dunno..... you seem like AC material to me.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Alcoholism wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:25 pm
TheRealMcCoy wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:29 am

Air Canada. Went to flight school, got a degree, then took a few years off and worked in the oil patch, did some geo technical drilling, drove truck a bit and then sent em a resume and got in!
If I can't get offered an FO position at EVAS or Air Georgian on 1900 I highly doubt AC will put me on a jet.

Possibly, a few past crew members of mine are flying there and they were no better than me.

digits_
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by digits_ »

DanWEC wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:27 pm Well, that and you don't exist, so there's that....
Best insult on AvCanada in a long time. Classy yet destructive. General yet personal. Impressive!

As an AvCanada discussion grows longer:
-the probability of 'entitlement' being mentioned, approaches 1
-one will be accused of using bad airmanship
TT1900
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by TT1900 »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm

Possibly, a few past crew members of mine are flying there and they were no better than me.
You sure about that?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

TT1900 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:14 pm
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm

You sure about that?
Yes Im very sure.

planett
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by planett »

I'm looking for an FO who can "Angle the deflector shields while I make the calculations for the jump to hyperspace." You seem qualified for that. Are you interested?

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

planett wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:36 pm I'm looking for an FO who can "Angle the deflector shields while I make the calculations for the jump to hyperspace." You seem qualified for that. Are you interested?
Still looking? You said same thing couple years ago.
Your sense of humour is a joke.

x15
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by x15 »

Many many moons ago I was at Landmark really early one day for a flight across the ocean. I got my airplane ready to go and then had some time to kill while I waited for the skipper to show up.

I bumped into a couple of airline guys. I stood around with a coffee in my hand while they bitched nonstop back and forth about this and that. They complained about how they thought they should be given this or given that, because they have this many hours and this many years of seniority.

When there was a break, I did something I do not normally do, I said something. I thought it was constructive.

I said, the reason you are not getting hired by such and such is because you are a piece of S#!t. His eyes began to bulge and for a second I thought he was going to punch me before I could explain what I meant. I clarified by saying that I stood there and watched him piss moan and complain about this guy and that guy and that subject and that MEL etc for an hour. In an hour I did not hear a single good thing about anything.... I said you are like a big festering pile of s#!t. Tomorrow AC calls and says you have an interview. You go out, get a haircut, a new suit and a 20 dollar shave. I told him he was basically rolling that POS around in sprinkles and sparkles and trying to pass it off as a chocolate sprinkle donut.

An HR person that is worth a darn, is going to know in 10 seconds that the suit, tie and haircut are simply sprinkles on top of something that is already quite off kilter. Something won't add up and they will pass.

You want a job? Be excited, be happy, have a positive mindset. Generate skills and abilities outside of the flight-deck that are appealing to employers. Let other people see those skills, someone else telling the boss you are a great guy will go way further that you telling someone you are a great guy. Stop whinging about not getting a job simply because you have a license.

HR doesn't care about your logbook as much as you think they do. They care about the attitude you have hiding under the sparkles. Make sure it is the one they want and you will have your pick of places to go.

x15
Skin, Tin, Ticket...In that order.
Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

x15 wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:59 pm Many many moons ago I was at Landmark really early one day for a flight across the ocean. I got my airplane ready to go and then had some time to kill while I waited for the skipper to show up.

I bumped into a couple of airline guys. I stood around with a coffee in my hand while they bitched nonstop back and forth about this and that. They complained about how they thought they should be given this or given that, because they have this many hours and this many years of seniority.

When there was a break, I did something I do not normally do, I said something. I thought it was constructive.

I said, the reason you are not getting hired by such and such is because you are a piece of S#!t. His eyes began to bulge and for a second I thought he was going to punch me before I could explain what I meant. I clarified by saying that I stood there and watched him piss moan and complain about this guy and that guy and that subject and that MEL etc for an hour. In an hour I did not hear a single good thing about anything.... I said you are like a big festering pile of s#!t. Tomorrow AC calls and says you have an interview. You go out, get a haircut, a new suit and a 20 dollar shave. I told him he was basically rolling that POS around in sprinkles and sparkles and trying to pass it off as a chocolate sprinkle donut.

An HR person that is worth a darn, is going to know in 10 seconds that the suit, tie and haircut are simply sprinkles on top of something that is already quite off kilter. Something won't add up and they will pass.

You want a job? Be excited, be happy, have a positive mindset. Generate skills and abilities outside of the flight-deck that are appealing to employers. Let other people see those skills, someone else telling the boss you are a great guy will go way further that you telling someone you are a great guy. Stop whinging about not getting a job simply because you have a license.

HR doesn't care about your logbook as much as you think they do. They care about the attitude you have hiding under the sparkles. Make sure it is the one they want and you will have your pick of places to go.
My attitude is great.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:06 pm My attitude is great.
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:35 am I will apply but likely waste of time.
Roadrunnersmother wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 6:28 pm Possibly, a few past crew members of mine are flying there and they were no better than me.

planett
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by planett »

M'Kay, I need those TPS reports this afternoon.

Return to “Employment Forum”