YEG Applications process

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

YEGYYCATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: YEG Applications process

Post by YEGYYCATC »

Thanks again for the info! I am already in the pool, but I have not heard anything regarding fall courses so I'm just wondering if they've already made their calls or not... sounds like maybe they're working on filling the seats but haven't called anyone yet (or at least I can hope!). Fingers crossed.
I will post if I receive a call for the fall course, and hopefully if someone else has already been called they will post so that I at least know :)
---------- ADS -----------

Pipsqueak87
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pipsqueak87 »

I’m in a little bit of shock as I just received a call for IFR training for October...good luck everyone!

YEGYYCATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YEGYYCATC »

Wow, congrats Pipsqueak87! You must be so excited. Do you know how many are on the course? I'm in the VFR stream but I have not received a call yet so sadly that might mean I am not on the list this time...

babyboy_legolas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by babyboy_legolas »

Pipsqueak87 wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:14 am I’m in a little bit of shock as I just received a call for IFR training for October...good luck everyone!
That's awesome!! I remembered that you have your In person really fast after your Phone interview; they should be really impressed with you! Good luck on your training, I'm waiting for the results on mine interview.

Pipsqueak87
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pipsqueak87 »

Thank you, yeah it’s all happened so quick, I only did the online application 5 months ago. I feel very lucky! I’m afraid they gave me no indication of how many may be in the training. I had no idea where I would be streamed before that phone call. I’m just waiting for my info package to be sent out, I should receive it by Tuesday next week! Really excited now but super nervous!

yegmagpie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegmagpie »

I got my second interview results last week and streamed IFR (stated slight preference for VFR in the interview), hope to see some of you next year if I get offered a course. :)
I do have some thinking to do now since I'd be passing up a pretty decent (but relatively tame) career opportunity. It definitely doesn't excite me as much as the chance to give ATC a shot, though.

flyingYYC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyingYYC »

Did anyone else get an FSS offer in the last 2 weeks? I was streamed VFR but got (and took) an FSS offer.

YEGYYCATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YEGYYCATC »

When did you get your FSS offer? When does the FSS course start?

Anyone receive a VFR offer???

flyingYYC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyingYYC »

YEGYYCATC wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:23 am When did you get your FSS offer? When does the FSS course start?

Anyone receive a VFR offer???
I got the call on July 5, and the actual paperwork on the 12th, Course starts early September.

Last edited by flyingYYC on Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yegmagpie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegmagpie »

I got a call for VFR in November - was not expecting one this soon and am pretty poleaxed too.

YEGYYCATC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by YEGYYCATC »

When did you receive the call for VFR?

yegmagpie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegmagpie »

YEGYYCATC wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:55 am When did you receive the call for VFR?
PM'ed you

flyboy987
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by flyboy987 »

Anybody from the July 10/11 assessment want to say how their assessment went? I thought it was pretty simple besides the audio portion and got the green light on Monday.

randomresponse
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by randomresponse »

flyboy987 wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:14 pm Anybody from the July 10/11 assessment want to say how their assessment went? I thought it was pretty simple besides the audio portion and got the green light on Monday.
I was in the July 10th assessment.

I don't know about simple, for me it was a mix. Some of the parts I finished with minutes to spare and others I'd be a few questions short (the very first test I made it maybe 2/3 through). The audio section was as challenging as everyone said it would be, I only managed to get 10-11 questions answered by the time I reached the end of the question set. The worst part for me was that the AC was broken and didn't kick in until the QA section, it was toasty in there.

As for results I got the green light on Monday 23rd and the next day I recieved a call to schedule the phone interview.

babyboy_legolas
Rank 1
Rank 1

It's been two week since my In person interview; I'm like a maniac checking every 30 minutes to see if the results shows up!!! The waiting is killing me!

flyingYYC
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyingYYC »

babyboy_legolas wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:57 am It's been two week since my In person interview; I'm like a maniac checking every 30 minutes to see if the results shows up!!! The waiting is killing me!
I don't know about others but it took about 4 weeks for my light.

babyboy_legolas
Rank 1
Rank 1

Guys,

I just had my reply. I was red lighted unfortunately. I think I did well in the overall in the interview, I think my chances were reduced because I only applied for IFR. I'm older and I've been running around a lot, I couldn't afford another 10 or 15 years living in minor cities. I had just 1 shot, apparently was a close call but not close enough.

Ghonosyphlaids
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ghonosyphlaids »

Oh man Legolas, sorry to hear that mate. At least now you can relax, focus on other things fully and who knows, in a year you might want it bad enough to go through the whole crazy process again! Best of luck going forward.

Can't express how awesome it is that yegmagpie and pipsqueak got offered a course so quickly! We were in the same applicant pool and I juust got my green light (streamed IFR) today. Congrats guys!

yegmagpie
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by yegmagpie »

Congrats on your green light, Ghonosyphaids! I think we all just missed the IFR class for fall in terms of timing. Also sorry to hear that you redlighted Legolas.

Ghonosyphlaids
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Ghonosyphlaids »

yegmagpie wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:01 am Congrats on your green light, Ghonosyphaids! I think we all just missed the IFR class for fall in terms of timing. Also sorry to hear that you redlighted Legolas.
Thanks! Looks like I'll be joining you for VFR courses in November.
Too bad we missed IFR, but certainly not worth waiting for a maybe in the spring.

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”