10 years prop inspection due

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

tazin river
Rank 4
Rank 4

10 years prop inspection due

Post by tazin river »

On our Cessna 180....any outfit you would recommend in the Edmonton or Calgary area?

What is the average cost of the 10 years inspection if no snags encountered?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

Antique Pilot
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: 10 years prop inspection due

Post by Antique Pilot »

tazin river wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:02 am On our Cessna 180....any outfit you would recommend in the Edmonton or Calgary area?

What is the average cost of the 10 years inspection if no snags encountered?

Thanks
Do you have the Mcaulley model 66 prop? I had mine done 10 years ago at a cost of about $3500.00. Nothing wrong with it. So now 10 years later I couldn’t overhaul it. One shop wouldn’t even look at it. The other shop tore it down and showed me the corrosion in the blades where they attach into the hub. So that was that. I bought a brand new model Mcaulley from Propeller Mart in Florida: $7800 US plus $200 for crating and shipping. Had it shipped to the nearest town across the border in North Dakota. Picked it up myself and paid GST at customs. This new prop is 11 pounds lighter than the old model 66.

AP

ahramin
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by ahramin »

When I called Aero Sport for a recommend they said PropWorx in Edmonton.

http://propworks.ca/

In the end they couldn't help me with my specific problem but I was very happy with their service.

My friend took his low time Hartzell to the western shop in Calgary and they took $4400 cash with no paperwork (homebuilt) and after trying 3 times to balance it dynamically we finally pulled it and found the static balance was way out. Also had a client try to get some help on a governor problem in Vancouver and they were trying to talk him into a prop overhaul (to fix a governor problem!). They seem to think a prop shop is a money tree.

TeePeeCreeper
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by TeePeeCreeper »

$4100 for a complete overhaul on a Mcaulley 88’, this was a while ago but Prop Works gladly took my money at the time...

ABU
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ABU »

Out east I had Aviation BL south of YUL do my 3 blade McCauley. They said "$1000/blade is a good estimate" and came in at $3500 all in including on and off(my 185 was there already for other reasons). It had zero issues so can't see getting it being done any cheaper.

ABU

Return to “Maintenance”