YVR phone interview

Topics related to hiring and course information should be placed here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Re: YVR phone interview

Post by WoS »

Hey Lisa,

How was the move? How is the course coming along?
---------- ADS -----------

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Hey! It's so nice to hear from you! :) Course doesn't start until October 22 but I am making progress on the pre-course stuff. omgosh so much to remember! lol I have found a room to rent that is going to allow me to bring my 2 cats with me so that is a huge relief!

How are things with you?

Lisa

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

Hi all, hope you’re well!
I just received my invite to the in person interview.
So that means WoS yours is prob on the way if you haven’t gotten one already.

Lisa, how is the course going so far????

TheyCallMeWillis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by TheyCallMeWillis »

Hey Wander, from the sounds of it we took the same in-person assessment. I also received an invite for the round 2 interview tonight. Congrats!

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

O yay Wanderlust! I am so happy for you! :) when is your interview? The course is going great and everybody here is so friendly and helpful! Good luck with the interview! Keep in touch :D

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WoS »

Hey guys,

I was just thinking about this group today and came back to check our convo.

LIsa: Very happy to hear everything is going well for you and you found a place for your 2 cats! How intensive is the course and how are you and your cats adjusting to your new place?

Wanderlust: Yay! I just checked my email and saw the invite too. I am excited and nervous as the same time. Didn't hear anything from anyone for so long I was all prepared to wait for my file to expire and re-apply. LOL

Willis: Hi!!!! So happy that this YVR group is growing!

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Congrats wos! Im so excited you and wanderlust are moving forward! I have a feeling they are loading an ifr class but im not positive. I think vfr started septemtember and fss and fic started october. They are starting off more gently than i expected....plus the self study stuff they sent prepared us quite well! Also we are the first fic course before that it was people transfer from fss sites. So we are the first total noobs! Whens the interview? Cant wait to hear all about them! And welcome willis!

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

Lisa: oh what a relief! starting off gently sounds nice, hah!

WoS: I was beginning to think that as well... that I would just never get an invite.

What do you guys do for your regular jobs?

I just booked mine for Nov 27th. What about you guys?
Trying to remember how I answered the phone interview questions...hah!

TheyCallMeWillis
Rank 0
Rank 0

The Doodle schedule was empty when I chose my interview time so I went with the 14th - probably means I'll be waiting a long time on a yellow light but I wanted to get it all done and out of the way.

I currently work at an airport in the lower mainland on the av safety team - not a pilot by any means. :)

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WoS »

Mine is on the 29th.

Willis: Maybe they will still give you the green light early instead waiting for all interviews to be completed first?

I was thinking about my answers to the phone interview too. Didn’t write anything down. I hope I will remember the answer to the question they ask me. Honestly, it’s all a blur at the moment. Lol

I’m a flight attendant. How about u wanderlust?

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

You don't need to go into great detail about your answers from the phone interview...just checking to make sure yore the same person :) I was a customer service agent for a small airline at the south terminal of YVR before this! I loved that job but this is a better opportunity for sure. I was sad to leave tho...having a job I loved made the interview process a little less stressful just because I didn't neeeeeeed a new job....I wanted it but could have continued at the airline quite happily :)

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

WoS, I didn't write much down. I scribbled a few notes to try and remember my questions... but I have since thrown them away lol. Probably thought it was garbage paper, haha.

Lisa, I am in the same position as you where I don't need a new job as I currently have a good job that I like... so hopefully that will help ease the stress a little bit that not everything is on the line. At the same time, it's been a dream job and a pipe dream... thought about atc years ago but never thought I was "smart enough" to do it.

I am a critical care nurse... I am also working on my PPL currently (as a hobby).

Oh, and I meant to ask Lisa.. what did you wear to your interview? Guys are easy... girls are harder! LOL

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

I guess business casual....I had grey dress pants a red blouse and a black sweater over it.flat shoes...Lol I don't do heels for anybody :) the ground school stuff that you're doing for your ppl will help you with the pre course stuff for sure! I took lessons years ago, even went solo a few times but I ran out of moolah...sigh hopefully once I vet qualified I'll be able to take that up again. :)

WoS
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by WoS »

Wanderlust: what do u mean you are not “smart enough”. You are a critical care nurse!!! What are you planning to wear?

It’s awesome both of you fly!!! That background knowledge must help a lot!

Lisa: Did u mention before you were at Pasco?

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Yes I was with pasco! :) Sounds like there will be another fic course starting in April or May next year...so definitely don’t write that off! Been kinda fun learning about weather and it’d be cool if some of us ended up working together lol.

TheyCallMeWillis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Really hoping for a May start over here - I had lost a bit of hope in this application and booked a 1 month trip to India in the spring that I would hate to cancel. I'd cancel it for this opportunity, but it'd be a bit painful on my wallet...

Good luck to everyone on their interviews :D

Lmck596
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Lmck596 »

Ooh Trip to India sounds amazing! Not positive but I think the next FIC course will be in May, IFR I’m pretty sure has a January start date, not sure about about vfr but they’re most recent class started in September. Hopefully it all works out and you can go on your trip! Good luck with your interview? Was it today? Let us know how it goes!

TheyCallMeWillis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Just heading out now for the interview - January for IFR is so soon... I'll keep ya'll posted.

TheyCallMeWillis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Not sure entirely how to feel about that - no acc tour but we did take about 1.5 hours so I'm thinking they may have wanted the half hour to discuss before the next interview. Ran into an IFR friend in the lobby and chatted before hand which was nice. Got some good details on upcoming courses but forgot the ask permission to share that info so I've sent a quick email for that before I post anything.

wanderlust_xx
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by wanderlust_xx »

WoS wrote: Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:19 pm Wanderlust: what do u mean you are not “smart enough”. You are a critical care nurse!!! What are you planning to wear?

It’s awesome both of you fly!!! That background knowledge must help a lot!

Lisa: Did u mention before you were at Pasco?
Haha! I guess I just feel like my brain doesn’t process information fast enough.. even when flying sometimes I can’t keep up with the instructions ATC gives. I guess it’s something that comes with time.

I think I’ll probably wear heels. Dress pants and some kind of shirt lol! I have NO dressy clothes. I live in scrubs... or lulu lemon LOL! My mom is a real estate agent so maybe she has something I can borrow lol!

Return to “NavCanada Hiring”