Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Canada Jetlines

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Way to bring this back to life.

It's funny to read the comments from 4 years ago, prior to the kerfuffle surrounding Swoop.

I guess we should be seeing WAWCONs listed shortly.

S.
---------- ADS -----------

cloak
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by cloak »

This "airline" has been very good at staying in the news; and had the foresight to make their shares available for trade years before they had done anything else!

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Well this topic and the many associated posts started five years ago and this airline hasn’t done their first take off yet.

Jerry Boyle
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Jerry Boyle »

They are also the industry leader in safety with absolutely no accidents or incidents. Congratulations Canada Jetlines!!!

If you can mark an X you are my kind of people.
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

While I realize that we do not represent the entirety of Canadian pilots, would anyone here even consider flying one of these two imaginary... 320's? 737's? Whichever they are trying to acquire at this point?

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

C-GGGQ wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:31 pm While I realize that we do not represent the entirety of Canadian pilots, would anyone here even consider flying one of these two imaginary... 320's? 737's? Whichever they are trying to acquire at this point?
Several guys overseas are already salivating over the idea.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Anybody know the WAWCON?

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

goingnowherefast wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm Anybody know the WAWCON?
No OC. No airplanes. No pilots. No WAWCON.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.
goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Well they better pay better than that! Lol

Honestly, if they pay well and treat their pilots well, I couldn't care less what the marketing strategy is for the passengers. ULCC or all elite 1st class, does not matter.

Irony
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Irony »

Agreed!

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I more meant that with all the stumbling around they've done, even if they do ever have a first takeoff, they'll go under so fast, who would risk It?

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

telex wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:34 pm
goingnowherefast wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:31 pm Anybody know the WAWCON?
No OC. No airplanes. No pilots. No WAWCON.
I sure hope Jetlines has a PML to Newleaf, or vice versa.

jjj
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by jjj »

20 bucks says Tbaylx will be no. 1 on the seniority list when they launch.

JJJ

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

This waste of internet space (Canada Jetlines) are but a bunch of guys in suits trying to start an airline. It'll never happen. The only people that get excited are the middle age women who are new to Facebook and are excited to take the trip of their lifetime, from Hamilton (to) "OUT WEST" in Edmonton, for $39.99 one way fare, to see their grand kids who are now about to start grade 7 and have not seen them since they were born. Did I get that right? Close enough...

Das ist mir wurst...
Bacunayagua
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Bacunayagua »

This waste of internet space (Canada Jetlines) are but a bunch of guys in suits trying to start an airline. It'll never happen. The only people that get excited are the middle age women who are new to Facebook and are excited to take the trip of their lifetime, from Hamilton (to) "OUT WEST" in Edmonton, for $39.99 one way fare, to see their grand kids who are now about to start grade 7 and have not seen them since they were born. Did I get that right? Close enough...
Yeah! How dare these peasants want to travel and see family members they haven't been able to see in years? Plebs better learn their place and jump on Greyhound if they want to go anywhere. Best leave air travel to only those who can pay for an overpriced YYZ-YEG ticket. /S

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

You must vote for Trudeau, taking offense to any sarcastic comment. Let me explain to you what I meant:

A lot of Canadians think that flying 3000 km across the country is worth 40 bucks. If they think that, they should walk there, nevermind taking a bus. A bus is a lot more expensive.

Aviation is now fast food...

Das ist mir wurst...
schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Bacunayagua wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 am
Yeah! How dare these peasants want to travel and see family members they haven't been able to see in years? Plebs better learn their place and jump on Greyhound if they want to go anywhere. Best leave air travel to only those who can pay for an overpriced YYZ-YEG ticket. /S
The PFO finally reached his inbox. Usually the first ones to post overtly negative random critiques, were the first ones to get rejected.

I said the same thing about Swoop, if this comes to fruition, creates jobs, no matter how poorly paid, it dries up the talent pool and will be the eventual driver to industry wide wage increases.

You can't expect bottom feeders like Flair, New Leaf and Canada Jetlines to lead this industry if we openly justify and allow national companies like Air Canada to do the same.

The only way wages increase is from the top, ACPA needs to cut out the flat pay, and start qualified pilots off at a higher salary before we see any insurmountable change elsewhere. If AC can get away paying new FOs 52k++ flying mainline 777, then why should anyone else flying anything smaller do differently?

Food for thought.

S.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

HansDietrich wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:00 am You must vote for Trudeau, taking offense to any sarcastic comment. Let me explain to you what I meant:

A lot of Canadians think that flying 3000 km across the country is worth 40 bucks. If they think that, they should walk there, nevermind taking a bus. A bus is a lot more expensive.

Aviation is now fast food...
There was nothing sarcastic about your earlier comment.

Someone who is sarcastic says the opposite of what they really mean in order to mock or insult someone. For example, I envy your captains as you must be an absolute joy to fly with...

S.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am The only way wages increase is from the top, ACPA needs to cut out the flat pay, and start qualified pilots off at a higher salary before we see any insurmountable change elsewhere. If AC can get away paying new FOs 52k++ flying mainline 777, then why should anyone else flying anything smaller do differently?

Food for thought.

S.
Hey, I agree with you 100% here. AC is the top SCUM, followed by the rest of them. That's why I left the airlines.

(BTW, I'm left seat now, with a salary that I can afford to eat and send my kids to school, flying corporate). I'm not an ass to fly with, despite my AVCANADA politically incorrect posts, but I'm also not going to feel sorry for some Joe Schmoe or Jane Doe for "not willing to pay a fair price" to fly across the 2nd largest country in the world. Flying is not meant for everyone. It's expensive. Low cost carriers made everyone think that flying is affordable and "ANYONE CAN FLY"... At who's expense? What's next? "$99 spine surgery"?

If I sound negative, it's because I am. At least I'm willing to call out bullshit on the public and their unreasonable expectations.

Das ist mir wurst...
telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

schnitzel2k3 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:12 am
Bacunayagua wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:08 am
The PFO finally reached his inbox. Usually the first ones to post overtly negative random critiques, were the first ones to get rejected.

I said the same thing about Swoop, if this comes to fruition, creates jobs, no matter how poorly paid, it dries up the talent pool and will be the eventual driver to industry wide wage increases.

You can't expect bottom feeders like Flair, New Leaf and Canada Jetlines to lead this industry if we openly justify and allow national companies like Air Canada to do the same.

The only way wages increase is from the top, ACPA needs to cut out the flat pay, and start qualified pilots off at a higher salary before we see any insurmountable change elsewhere. If AC can get away paying new FOs 52k++ flying mainline 777, then why should anyone else flying anything smaller do differently?

Food for thought.

S.
ps. New Leaf is defunct. Jetlines does not have an OC. Neither are relevant.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”