Woman brings emotional support SQUIRREL on flight.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Redneck_pilot86
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: Woman brings emotional support SQUIRREL on flight.

Post by Redneck_pilot86 »

PilotDAR wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm
If this lady actually can't sit for two hours without a squirrel in her lap then she really, really should seek some professional help prior to traveling in public alone again.
Hear, Hear!

I find gentle "pet" type animals very relaxing, and I admit, that during a multi month stay in hospital, when Rocky, the support dog was brought in for a visit, I was delighted! It was truly a relaxing experience. But, if you would like to travel on a commercial flight, come prepared to fit in among the other passengers with grace. If you need an emotional support animal on a commercial flight, something is wrong, and it's going to get much much more wrong if there is a sudden bang!
I know more than one person with a registered emotional support DOG that goes in the cabin for commercial flights. In at least one scenario, the emotional support is not needed during the flight, but for the journey through the cattle trough that is your average journey through deplaning to baggage claim.
---------- ADS -----------

The only three things a wingman should ever say: 1. "Two's up" 2. "You're on fire" 3. "I'll take the fat one"
rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

PilotDAR wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm
If this lady actually can't sit for two hours without a squirrel in her lap then she really, really should seek some professional help prior to traveling in public alone again.
Hear, Hear!

I find gentle "pet" type animals very relaxing, and I admit, that during a multi month stay in hospital, when Rocky, the support dog was brought in for a visit, I was delighted! It was truly a relaxing experience. But, if you would like to travel on a commercial flight, come prepared to fit in among the other passengers with grace. If you need an emotional support animal on a commercial flight, something is wrong, and it's going to get much much more wrong if there is a sudden bang!
All I will add is we are in the thick of a very serious medical situation with my daughter that is ongoing.
I did not originally want the puppy we adopted this year, but he has been a comfort to all of us, not just my daughter. Juts watch your shoes --- :mrgreen:

747-875
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by 747-875 »

PilotDAR wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 7:46 pm I find gentle "pet" type animals very relaxing, and I admit, that during a multi month stay in hospital, when Rocky, the support dog was brought in for a visit, I was delighted! It was truly a relaxing experience. But, if you would like to travel on a commercial flight, come prepared to fit in among the other passengers with grace. If you need an emotional support animal on a commercial flight, something is wrong, and it's going to get much much more wrong if there is a sudden bang!
Thanks, pretty much exactly the point I was trying to make. Emotional support animals are a real thing and they really do work quite well for a lot of people, however as with most things there is the proverbial time and a place. In the case of support animals, there are people with valid reasons and proper animals with which most reasonable people will agree to, and then there are people just being silly to the detriment of the comfort and safety of everyone (animals included) around them. I love the idea of emotional support pets as long as people keep it within the realm of reason and common sense.

... And yeah yeah, I know, "Welcome to the airlines! Please check your brain at the curb and your bag at the counter." Work work work work work. I go drink beer now.

Return to “General Comments”