Maple Flag Canceled

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Siddley Hawker
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Maple Flag Canceled

Post by Siddley Hawker »

Canada is spending plenty on the military. I present the latest two acquisitions for the RCN, the Seaplane Tender HMCS Harjit Singh...

...And the new Aircraft Carrier HMCS Justin Trudeau. Here this proud ship steams past The Narrows outside St. John's harbor on her first sea trials. Unfortunately, Canada had to borrow an F-18 from the Swiss Navy until our own aircraft arrive from Honest Bluey's Used Australian Aircraft Emporium.

---------- ADS -----------

frosti
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by frosti »

Never mind the infrastructure on CLAWR, the entire accommodation side of the base hasn't been addressed since the end of WWII. Their answer to improving living conditions on base were sea containers that I wouldn't house cadets in. All the barracks on base are just disgusting along with those trailers on cadet row. You really think NATO countries will want to keep coming back to those conditions? Cold Lake is a joke.

Mostly Harmless
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Mostly Harmless »

Squaretail wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:43 am While I get the sentiment of "small government" what we really need is "enough government". After all, you can't say more military, but less government, what does one think the military is? I know, I know, it would be great if we could have less politicians, but I still want enough police, and regulation and "getting out of the way" just don't go together. Personally in many cases I'd just like the government to enforce their regulations. Flight schools are a good example. But if we say that we want the people to do these things to be paid the least we possibly can, and remind them we resent them for doing it repeatedly, its no wonder it only attracts the worst people to do it and frequently makes them worse in the process.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... nitpicking

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

Mostly Harmless wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:25 pm
Squaretail wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:43 am While I get the sentiment of "small government" what we really need is "enough government". After all, you can't say more military, but less government, what does one think the military is? I know, I know, it would be great if we could have less politicians, but I still want enough police, and regulation and "getting out of the way" just don't go together. Personally in many cases I'd just like the government to enforce their regulations. Flight schools are a good example. But if we say that we want the people to do these things to be paid the least we possibly can, and remind them we resent them for doing it repeatedly, its no wonder it only attracts the worst people to do it and frequently makes them worse in the process.
https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... nitpicking
At risk of further annoyance, consider that in the cancelling of Maple Flag, you - and anyone else who wishes for - "smaller government" has gotten their wish. The politicians have granted it. So forgive me if I feel that being specific sometimes matters. After all, what you and I might consider "less government", probably isn't what the people in power do, so maybe if we could get people off of that train of thought, maybe we can push for effective government.

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.

Return to “General Comments”