CMA vs PASCO

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: CMA vs PASCO

Post by Diadem »

altiplano wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm Do you not need the same 250 and IATRA/ATP written to get a type on a 1900 or a dash? did something change?
No, the 1900 is a single-pilot aircraft; it requires a high-performance type rating, but not a two-crew type rating. Thus, there is no requirement for an IATRA or 250 hours. There is also no requirement for captains to have ATPLs, although insurance requirements may vary.
As for the rest, it wasn't directed at you specifically, but at this whole thread that immediately went off topic.
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

Diadem wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:54 pm
altiplano wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:19 pm Do you not need the same 250 and IATRA/ATP written to get a type on a 1900 or a dash? did something change?
No, the 1900 is a single-pilot aircraft; it requires a high-performance type rating, but not a two-crew type rating. Thus, there is no requirement for an IATRA or 250 hours. There is also no requirement for captains to have ATPLs, although insurance requirements may vary.
As for the rest, it wasn't directed at you specifically, but at this whole thread that immediately went off topic.
I see that's only since 2014... it wasn't always that way so you'll have to forgive me not keeping up it:

But nonetheless and as I said, the OPERATORS THEMSELVES list IATRA/ATPL as a minimum requirement for the FO position, 1900 or otherwise.

https://pacificcoastal.prevueaps.com/jobs/89632.html

https://flycma.com/beech-1900-captains- ... -officers/

You quoted me, so it seems it was directed at me... but whatever...

And IMO this is a discussion of the pros and cons of each operator... Not necessarily narrowly constricted to solely the 1900 for life idea.

jt8d
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by jt8d »

Well considering I have heard Pasco does not even allow FOs to taxi the 1900.. lol i'd say go to CMA.. joke aside, (but still truth) you can upgrade at CMA on 1900 without ATPL.. do a good job as FO and the world is your oyster.. a Pasco FO joined us recently for a direct entry 1900 spot because Pasco upgrade time was slowing down... captains waiting for a call from AC. Pasco requires ATPL (for now). Both require IATRA for FO position. CMA may have acquired some dashes... so what's better.. a dash or saab? New thread

Oxi
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Oxi »

CMA just bought a bunch of Dash 100's from Regional 1

calgaroo
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by calgaroo »

Personally CMA has been a great fit for me schedule-wise, and opportunity-wise. Friends that work at Pasco say the same on their side of the fence. Not necessarily a career-long company for me personally, but have gained great experience, and has been a welcome change from my last job up north

Freeport_Flyer
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Freeport_Flyer »

Pasco is looking for Captains and FOs. They were offering bonuses in the last version of the job add but not this one. CMA also seem to be looking for Captains and FOs for all of their machines. Looks like the pilot shortage is working its way into the smaller operators as AC hires 500/yr!

I imagine the bonus for YYC based folks was to compete with Encore.

Roadrunnersmother
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Roadrunnersmother »

Freeport_Flyer wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 am Pasco is looking for Captains and FOs. They were offering bonuses in the last version of the job add but not this one. CMA also seem to be looking for Captains and FOs for all of their machines. Looks like the pilot shortage is working its way into the smaller operators as AC hires 500/yr!

I can confirm both cma and Pasco aren't hiring.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Nickynick is back!

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:43 pm I can confirm both cma and Pasco aren't hiring.
What, did you tell them about your criminal record again?

BE02 Driver
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by BE02 Driver »

Roadrunnersmother wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:43 pm
Freeport_Flyer wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 am Pasco is looking for Captains and FOs. They were offering bonuses in the last version of the job add but not this one. CMA also seem to be looking for Captains and FOs for all of their machines. Looks like the pilot shortage is working its way into the smaller operators as AC hires 500/yr!

I can confirm both cma and Pasco aren't hiring.
"I can confirm both cma and Pasco aren't hiring [ME]".

Qualify your statements. You should add disclaimers that you are unemployable in the aviation industry.

GhostRider6
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GhostRider6 »

I’d interview at both and see what I one offers you the job... If you get both, here’s my .02 : ( alot of which is second hand so take it or leave it)

PASCO:

-Prep for the interview!!! ( lots on this topic within the avcan realm) their interviews seem to rival that of Cathay to fly a B1900 / SF340. I’ve never done the interview .. know many who have with 705 CMD / training CPT positions who weren’t selected.
-PASCO loves flight instructors !!
-More of a lifestyle type of job
- Small company .. small company politics
-commuting thing a MAJOR bonus
-pretty awesome places to fly
-lots of improvement with respect to treatment of pilots
- tries to retain their employees

CMA

- likely quicker upgrades than PASCO
- some will make it a lifestyle job.. dunno how
-“ Interesting” management ( putting it very lightly)
- shady industry history - union busting etc
- small company politics
-by in large .. not a place to hang your hat =quicker movement but conversely = unhappier employees
-not as stable as PASCO
- MGMT does not care about employee retention

Return to “Employment Forum”