Sharper Edge ATPL

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

No Smoke, No Fire
Rank 1
Rank 1

Sharper Edge ATPL

Post by No Smoke, No Fire »

Hi,

Looking for some feedback on the Sharper Edge ATPL (2019) prep guide. Helped you pass, or a waste of money?

Thanks
---------- ADS -----------

LifeAt90Kts
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Sharper Edge ATPL

Post by LifeAt90Kts »

Don't do it. Absolute waste of money. So many gaps. Aerocourse / AIM, passed both first try.

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

I was given a Sharper Edge book and I've just stared going though it and noticing a ton of holes. It's not a one-stop-shop book by any stretch. I keep having to look up items it's missing, even though the quizzes ask about them. I'm probably gonna get the Aerocourse books.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."
Kaykay
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Kaykay »

As far as the content that is in it, it's not a bad book. However it's far from sufficient on its own. I would suggest supplementing that book with other books to ensure you don't miss anything because as others said, there's definitely gaps in what it covers vs what is on the exams.

youhavecontrol
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by youhavecontrol »

Update: I just wrote and passed the SARON with 83%... I used the Sharper Edge book, but found a lot of stuff missing. Still though, it had a good way of simplifying and explaining the content that it did have. I also used the practice exam bank from nizus.com. It helped a great deal in filling the gaps, although that exam still has some surprises.

"I found that Right Rudder you kept asking for."

Return to “Flight Training”