Sault and Confederation Applicants. Check here.

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: Sault and Confederation Applicants. Check here.

Post by shawnthesheep »

shivam282 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:04 pm
shawnthesheep wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:36 am
shivam282 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 4:00 am Well, Feb. 1st is here and so far I have gotten an offer into the Conestoga college program. Not sure if I should just accept it now and cancel it if another more preferred school accepts me down the line, or if I should just wait on it. Don’t want to wait too long and get waitlisted into Conestoga if that’s the only school that takes me. Anybody hear back from Sault or Confed?
Hey, don't accept it just yet. Colleges have quite a bit of time to send offers. I'll be waiting till the third week of February before I really start thinking about a decision. I know a friend who got an offer in mid February. He was an Ontario resident. I'll be waiting longer since I'm out of province.
Hey, yeah I just realize that after some more research. I'm pretty sure the offers are valid until May 1st, 2019 and you need to accept it by then.

Hey, log into the confed account (you can find all the info on the email they sent after you applied) You can check your application status. Apparently I've been waitlisted at confed. It says waitlisted decisions happen in march :(
---------- ADS -----------

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

shawnthesheep wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:00 pm
shawnthesheep wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:36 am

Hey, don't accept it just yet. Colleges have quite a bit of time to send offers. I'll be waiting till the third week of February before I really start thinking about a decision. I know a friend who got an offer in mid February. He was an Ontario resident. I'll be waiting longer since I'm out of province.
Hey, yeah I just realize that after some more research. I'm pretty sure the offers are valid until May 1st, 2019 and you need to accept it by then.

Hey, log into the confed account (you can find all the info on the email they sent after you applied) You can check your application status. Apparently I've been waitlisted at confed. It says waitlisted decisions happen in march :(
Yeah, I also got waitlisted for Confed as well. Hopefully we'll hear back from them in March. I'm not too sure about whether I still like the Sault or not, but according to the Sault portal, it says "Acceptance pending availability of seats in this program. Admission decisions will be communicated the week of Feb. 4, 2019" so I'm assuming they haven't sent out any offers yet.

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

shivam282 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 9:43 am

Yeah, I also got waitlisted for Confed as well. Hopefully we'll hear back from them in March. I'm not too sure about whether I still like the Sault or not, but according to the Sault portal, it says "Acceptance pending availability of seats in this program. Admission decisions will be communicated the week of Feb. 4, 2019" so I'm assuming they haven't sent out any offers yet.
I'll be accepting Sault if I get accepted. I know someone in the program he will be finishing in May. It's all dependent on work ethic. Where did you find this portal? I can't find anything on Sault's admission.

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

shawnthesheep wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:39 pm

I'll be accepting Sault if I get accepted. I know someone in the program he will be finishing in May. It's all dependent on work ethic. Where did you find this portal? I can't find anything on Sault's admission.
You should have received an email from Sault when you applied which has a link to the portal as well as log in credentials made for you. Here is a screenshot of what my portal looks like (I highlighted the parts that are relevant to us):

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

shivam282 wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:01 pm
shawnthesheep wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:39 pm

You should have received an email from Sault when you applied which has a link to the portal as well as log in credentials made for you. Here is a screenshot of what my portal looks like (I highlighted the parts that are relevant to us):
Yeah I figured it out thanks.

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

Hey guys!

I have also applied to both Sault, and Confederation. I called the college, and they said the registrar who is doing the admissions ranking for the program will be back on Monday. Hopefully we all get accepted!

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

sherryfly wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 10:35 am Hey guys!

I have also applied to both Sault, and Confederation. I called the college, and they said the registrar who is doing the admissions ranking for the program will be back on Monday. Hopefully we all get accepted!
Yes! Comment back if you hear anything!!

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

For sure!! =)

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

Good luck to both of you. :)

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

shivam282 wrote: Sun Feb 03, 2019 4:07 pm Good luck to both of you. :)
Thanks and you as well!

abrahamsedim
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by abrahamsedim »

Just curious, what is your average for those who got wait listed?

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

Anybody hear back from the college yet?

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

abrahamsedim wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:29 pm Just curious, what is your average for those who got wait listed?
I'm in Alberta apparently they take Ontario students first but average was 75ish all university courses none at the college level.

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

sherryfly wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:49 pm Anybody hear back from the college yet?
Not from Sault. Kinda throwing me off.

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

Hey guys, so I contacted the program coordinator for Sault and she just got back to me a few minutes ago. She says that offers have not been sent out yet and they are still under the process of ranking applicants. No idea when they will send out offers, but whenever it does happen it will first update the ontario colleges site, and then there will be an email sent, and then they will send mail. I’ll update with more info as a I receive it.

shawnthesheep
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by shawnthesheep »

shivam282 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am Hey guys, so I contacted the program coordinator for Sault and she just got back to me a few minutes ago. She says that offers have not been sent out yet and they are still under the process of ranking applicants. No idea when they will send out offers, but whenever it does happen it will first update the ontario colleges site, and then there will be an email sent, and then they will send mail. I’ll update with more info as a I receive it.
Thanks buddy!

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

shawnthesheep wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:20 am
shivam282 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:14 am Hey guys, so I contacted the program coordinator for Sault and she just got back to me a few minutes ago. She says that offers have not been sent out yet and they are still under the process of ranking applicants. No idea when they will send out offers, but whenever it does happen it will first update the ontario colleges site, and then there will be an email sent, and then they will send mail. I’ll update with more info as a I receive it.
Thanks buddy!
Thanks so much!!

sherryfly
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by sherryfly »

Hey everyone check Ontario Colleges now. I just got accepted 😭

shivam282
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by shivam282 »

sherryfly wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:50 am Hey everyone check Ontario Colleges now. I just got accepted 😭
Nothing else yet for me.

JLay
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by JLay »

For those who got accepted to confed what was your average? I was accepted to sault and on the waitlist for confed. I got a letter from confed saying they only start making calls off of the waitlist in the summer :/

Return to “Flight Training”