YYZ SLOTS.....Again

Discussion of topics related to corporate aviation throughout the world.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore

Ki-ll
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: YYZ SLOTS.....Again

Post by Ki-ll »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:18 pm The big question is how hard will it be to get a slot, or get a reissued slot once your pax shows up late?
I would imagine that if there is one they’ll give it to you. Why wouldn’t they?
---------- ADS -----------

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

I mean is there a limited hourly amount like last time for GA

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Is the GTAA and NAV Canada at Pearson so hard done by with general aviation that they need to restrict one of the few major advantages with said aviation?

Owners rarely, if ever, abide by a necessarily predetermined schedule. Most of these people are at a level where the world they live in absolutely revolves around their variable schedule.

Why do they think this is necessary. Pearson is busy, but nowhere near busy enough for the need to institute slots.

S.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

wallypilot wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:07 am Agreed, pretty standard..except for the reservation system. I can arrange slots in Zurich or Glasgow weeks in advance. But for Pearson, I have to wait until 72 hrs prior? So the aircraft owner gets a disadvantage for being organized and planning trips further ahead? I see what Pearson is doing. They don’t want their tenants to be adversely affected and that they get the slots they need...but it’s the only airport I’ve been to that has such a restriction.
Aircraft based in YYZ can put in for a slot 30days in advance

wallypilot
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by wallypilot »

ExActly my point...sorry should have been more crystal clear..,for non yyz based operators,if I know I want to come from yvr 4 weeks from now, but I can’t tell my boss if we can get that time or not? Ridiculous.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Yes it is ridiculous. But it sounds like you should have no issue getting in. Just may not be able to leave...kinda like Hotel California :rock:

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

Will be interesting seeing how the different ownership groups react to the slots, particularly the tardy ones.

S.

tired of the ground
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by tired of the ground »

The real question should be why. It was determined that the terminal can handle roughly 20-30 fewer movements per hour than the runways. What is the point in restricting aircraft that aren't actually affecting terminal, and therefore airport, throughput? During known peak times or times of weather, sure, implement a delay program or ctot scheme. Other than that, business aviation seems to be the GTAA scapegoat.

Turbolag
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Turbolag »

A-CDM Trial was delayed indefinitely today due to lack of support from users. They still want us to comply with the OCS slot reservation even though the AIC 1/19 is to be rescinded.

IMO this is the GTAA trying to make an airline shoe fit on a GA/BA foot. No thanks.

This was made worse by the fact that a two day webinar was put on by the GTAA and they were happy enough to show up late for both events.

The CBAA seems to have accepted this folly as law even though pretty much all of its member will reject it outright.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Any links to official info?

Turbolag
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Turbolag »

Contact Dean Wright C.M;
Associate Director Gating & Airport Flow
Greater Toronto Airports Authority | Aviation Services
P.O. Box 6031, 3111 Convair Drive, Toronto AMF, Ontario, L5P 1B2
Phone (416) 776-4062| Cell (416) 557-5849

A-cdm@gtaa.ca

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

I was with Chartright the last time this was implemented and it sucked balls. And then overnight it was gone. Does anyone know what happened? Did some of the billionaires lay the law down?

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

GA being targeted again

https://torontopearson.com/aro/#

Apparently if you are not based in yyz you can only request a slot 72hrs prior. I understand that if you contact Skycharter, they can get you a slot 30days out.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Disregard that last comment. Now apparently operators must apply on their own. If not based in yyz you can only apply 72hrs in advance. Kitchener is gonna be busy again!

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

JohnnyHotRocks wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:45 am Disregard that last comment. Now apparently operators must apply on their own. If not based in yyz you can only apply 72hrs in advance. Kitchener is gonna be busy again!
Jetport is gonna start charging 500 dollar overnight ramp fees again.

S.

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

One week into this bs now.
Anyone have any trouble?
We have had to get a few slots and then amend a few slots and no issues yet

JohnnyHotRocks
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JohnnyHotRocks »

Seems the slots are voluntary until 23Apr. Might have more issues after that time.

Adjfrancis
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Adjfrancis »

It would appear the CBAA and GTAA are having open and engaged discussions about the process. Anthony Norejko is providing continuous updates on the CBAA member forums.

Still more questions than answers regarding slot tolerances or penalties.

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jet Jockey »

And now Montreal is also getting into the act of restrictions due to construction...

The aéroport de Montreal (ADM) has informed us that during the phase 1 rehabilitation of runway 24R/06L from March 18th, 2019 to June 30th, 2019 there will be a general aviation ban in effect for all arrivals between the hours of 16:00 to 20:00 local. In initial discussions with the ADM last year this was not forecasted to be required however in a recent meeting NAV Canada insisted that a ban be out in place to protect the movements of the commercial airliners.

CL-Skadoo!
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by CL-Skadoo! »

Jet Jockey wrote: Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:36 am And now Montreal is also getting into the act of restrictions due to construction...

The aéroport de Montreal (ADM) has informed us that during the phase 1 rehabilitation of runway 24R/06L from March 18th, 2019 to June 30th, 2019 there will be a general aviation ban in effect for all arrivals between the hours of 16:00 to 20:00 local. In initial discussions with the ADM last year this was not forecasted to be required however in a recent meeting NAV Canada insisted that a ban be out in place to protect the movements of the commercial airliners.
Do you have a link for that or is from the CBAA?

Return to “Corporate”