Jazz Pilot Pool

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

V1Vr
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Jazz Pilot Pool

Post by V1Vr »

Babar350 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:50 am If it's already full it's probably with GGN pilot only ...
GGN pilots won't start likely until April or May. The bid hasn't even gone out yet.
---------- ADS -----------

Babar350
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Babar350 »

V1Vr wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am
Babar350 wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:50 am If it's already full it's probably with GGN pilot only ...
GGN pilots won't start likely until April or May. The bid hasn't even gone out yet.
You're right!

Yieldermatik
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Yieldermatik »

Most likely this means new guys in the pool like me will have to wait till the summer for a call. Life goes on till then.
V1Vr wrote: Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:59 am

LandingChecks
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by LandingChecks »

Yieldermatik wrote: Sat Feb 02, 2019 12:01 pm I got the email pool amost a month ago. Still no gs but like v1vr says it will take a bit longer with the new contract. In the meantime I’ll keep enjoying my current job (which is actually a blast) and flying the block-rented piper upping my pic time for atpl 👍🏻
Exactly, I had my pool email in November 2018 and I truly enjoy my current job as this time, that way the time is passing so fast and the moral is good!

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

just wow.

Motivation is the key gents. :D

thanks for boosting it up for me as well :goodman:

Skydweller777
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Skydweller777 »

Does anyone know of the current situation with hiring at Jazz or any regional?
I’m a TC CPL ME/IR + IATRA holder with NO flying experience in Canada and about 1700 hrs TT, 1000 ATR turboprop + 500 on the E190.
Any chance any regional would consider me? Any help pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Happy flying ladies and gents!

fixnfly
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by fixnfly »

Calls are going out to those who got the pool email in December yesterday and today for a March 4th GS.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

Skydweller777 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 pm Does anyone know of the current situation with hiring at Jazz or any regional?
I’m a TC CPL ME/IR + IATRA holder with NO flying experience in Canada and about 1700 hrs TT, 1000 ATR turboprop + 500 on the E190.
Any chance any regional would consider me? Any help pointing me in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

More info required, Canadian or right to live and work in Canada?
Can your time be verified?
Yes to both of those I would say yes, absolutely they would but you could make more money elsewhere.

"Stand-by, I'm inverted"
Skydweller777
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Skydweller777 »

More info required, Canadian or right to live and work in Canada?
Can your time be verified?
Yes to both of those I would say yes, absolutely they would but you could make more money elsewhere.
[/quote]

Yes I am Canadian and have the right to live and work. I did my flight training in the states and decided to build some hours abroad.
I do hold an ICAO ATPL just haven’t gotten around to doing my Canadian one, and is a Chief Pilots stamp on my logbook at my previous airline good enough for the verification?

Your knowledge will be highly appreciated.

mkstlr
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by mkstlr »

March G/S is full, no word on April yet.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

I’m not in the know, just you wouldn’t be the first to arrive after building hours abroad. Whether a stamp is good enough, I honestly cannot say but unless there is a reason you don’t want them to contact a previous employer, all they would verify is if you worked for them as a pilot for the amount of time you say.
Other than that we have a sim evaluation at Jazz, experienced training pilots who do these, it would be pretty hard to fake experience with them.
I would say that 1700 hours and transport category time would put you near the top of the pile these days.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

Skydweller777 wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 9:49 pm Does anyone know of the current situation with hiring at Jazz or any regional?

With 500 hrs on the 190, I'd try for something else. You can make a lot more money at Transat or Sunwing. They'd take you in a heartbeat.

Das ist mir wurst...
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

HansDietrich wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:07 pm

With 500 hrs on the 190, I'd try for something else. You can make a lot more money at Transat or Sunwing. They'd take you in a heartbeat.
Except they won’t be making any money if they go bankrupt. Jazz is arguably more secure, plus one could make as much or more money at AC down the road.

FL320
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by FL320 »

Except they won’t be making any money if they go bankrupt. Jazz is arguably more secure, plus one could make as much or more money at AC down the road.

What makes you believe TS or SW would go bankrupt?
So you stay at Jazz gaining less money only because you think it’s more secure? You won’t go too far if it’s the way you think; this is why some people are more successful than others.

In the unlikely event TS or SW go bankrupt; one wouldn’t have any problem finding another job. With type ratings and experience on the A330/A320/B737 we all receive offers from various recruitment agencies or airlines every day: your security is not who your employer is but what you have on your CV.
As far as I am concerned if we go bankrupt one day I wouldn’t go back to Jazz (nor apply to Air Canada), I would go where the money is in USD tax free!

Last edited by FL320 on Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Skydweller777
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Skydweller777 »

mbav8r wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:00 pm I’m not in the know, just you wouldn’t be the first to arrive after building hours abroad. Whether a stamp is good enough, I honestly cannot say but unless there is a reason you don’t want them to contact a previous employer, all they would verify is if you worked for them as a pilot for the amount of time you say.
Other than that we have a sim evaluation at Jazz, experienced training pilots who do these, it would be pretty hard to fake experience with them.
I would say that 1700 hours and transport category time would put you near the top of the pile these days.
Thanks for the info, highly appreciated ! And no I don’t have a problem with them contacting my previous employer/ references.

Hopefully it’ll work out, I’ll apply soon and give it a shot. I think jazz is a good airline to build more experience and eventually can get you to AC if you wish to go there. Any info on Sky regional hiring? It would be preferable since they operate the E jet. It’s a good little jet.

HansDietrich
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by HansDietrich »

FL320 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:32 pm In the unlikely event TS or SW go bankrupt; one wouldn’t have any problem finding another job. With type ratings and experience on the A330/A320/B737 we all receive offers from various recruitment agencies or airlines every day: your security is not who your employer is but what you have on your CV.
One of the best comments on AVCANADA. "Your security is not who your employer is, but what you have on your CV". This guy gets it!

Das ist mir wurst...
mixturerich
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by mixturerich »

HansDietrich wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:48 pm
FL320 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:32 pm In the unlikely event TS or SW go bankrupt; one wouldn’t have any problem finding another job. With type ratings and experience on the A330/A320/B737 we all receive offers from various recruitment agencies or airlines every day: your security is not who your employer is but what you have on your CV.
One of the best comments on AVCANADA. "Your security is not who your employer is, but what you have on your CV". This guy gets it!
Ahhh not in this industry. Seniority is the closest thing to security. Have had enough old guys tell me this that I get it. Good seniority means you got that upgrade sooner than your peers, now in turn your CV is better too. But it’s all about seniority.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

Skydweller777 wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:50 pm Any info on Sky regional hiring? It would be preferable since they operate the E jet. It’s a good little jet.
Why go to sky now? Sky is next on the chopping block, same as georgian. Plus short term, they have zero flow. AC will have to hire a very large majority of the express pilots from Jazz

stayls
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by stayls »

Any news for the swimming? :wink:

B1900Driver
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by B1900Driver »

stayls wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:57 am Any news for the swimming? :wink:
March is full, don’t know for next GS yet.

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”