Career First Officer at AC by design?

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

annonyous123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Career First Officer at AC by design?

Post by annonyous123 »

atphat wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:03 am
annonyous123 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:26 pm
dumbbell daddy wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:25 am What's with the gloating? Isn't the 777 FO position known as the 'trouble maker' position? Guys who failed their upgrade, too scared to do it, or just don't fit in anywhere else in the company?
You seriously think this ? LOL. Most are prior NB Skips who can't bare to work another 18 day month for the same amount of cash....up until last year this was a 10-15 year seat. Sure there are a few wankers around, but that goes the same for every type we have.....the same could also be said for every airline, at least everyone I've ever flown for.

WB flying at AC is like flying for a different company compared to NB.....we stay at nice hotels(usually), we work much less(for the most part), Very seldom IROPS, much better Per diems, you get to experience every culture on the planet....and usually after every 3 day trip you are off for a week. :D
NB is capped at 16.
Yeah but many are still working more then that, also are you saying NB lifestyle is good??
---------- ADS -----------

atphat
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by atphat »

annonyous123 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:28 pm
atphat wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:03 am
annonyous123 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:26 pm

You seriously think this ? LOL. Most are prior NB Skips who can't bare to work another 18 day month for the same amount of cash....up until last year this was a 10-15 year seat. Sure there are a few wankers around, but that goes the same for every type we have.....the same could also be said for every airline, at least everyone I've ever flown for.

WB flying at AC is like flying for a different company compared to NB.....we stay at nice hotels(usually), we work much less(for the most part), Very seldom IROPS, much better Per diems, you get to experience every culture on the planet....and usually after every 3 day trip you are off for a week. :D
NB is capped at 16.
Yeah but many are still working more then that, also are you saying NB lifestyle is good??
That is a very general mostly untrue statement. Also yes. For the work I have to do and the pay I get I'd say the NB lifestyle is very good.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

If anyone is working more than 16 on NB is because they are choosing to. ie. OT.

It's been a 14 day cap on many fleets all fall/winter...

NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

altiplano wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 am If anyone is working more than 16 on NB is because they are choosing to. ie. OT.

Unless you’ve got SIM and/or ART... then you can work a 18-19 day month with no OT! I haven’t seen less than 16 days on the 320 since I started a year ago, other than a month with vacation.

That being said, NB lifestyle is not as bad as some make it out to be, but it could always be better! A 14 day cap would be awesome... or 5 hour DPG

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

That would be sim and ART at 19 days...

But that's what CARs 602.02 is for.

I mean if you're flying +/- 80 hours and pulling in 14 hours of training pay... BOOK OFF FATIGUE on something... ideally some low productivity red eye or something.

So what if you lose 8:50 or maybe 10 hours of your 94 pay hours and get 3 days off to get back to 16. Or bid senior rsv and pass on training months...

Anyway... I've gone to work maybe twice so far this year... and I agree it could be better!

annonyous123
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by annonyous123 »

altiplano wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:06 am If anyone is working more than 16 on NB is because they are choosing to. ie. OT.

Care to tell us how long you have been on the property? What type?
atphat wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:05 am
annonyous123 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:28 pm
atphat wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:03 am NB is capped at 16.
That is a very general mostly untrue statement. Also yes. For the work I have to do and the pay I get I'd say the NB lifestyle is very good.
Nothing untrue about my statement my friend, those are facts. You obviously never tried it.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

How long I've been here, or what type I'm on doesn't change the facts of it... or my suggestion... 602.02 if you're working too much.

I'm in the bottom 1/3 in my position. Life's good.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

The best job in Canada, inside or outside of aviation, and still many complain.
Precious.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
NotDirty!
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by NotDirty! »

confusedalot wrote: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:19 pm The best job in Canada, inside or outside of aviation, and still many complain.
Precious.
While I do think AC is probably the best aviation job in the country, there is always room for improvement! Just being happy with what we’ve got led to a 10 year contract with less than cost of living, at a time of record profits, and saw us drifting further from our comparable airline contracts south of the border!

Nedkelly
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Nedkelly »

First of all.
The alcoholism guys posts should not be commented on.
There is no place in flying for such s narrow
Minded , non professional attitude.
To ignore him is to shut him down.

Secondly.
The guy who asked about upgrading late in the game. Do the look at you closely.
The answer.
Everyone goes through a set capt. course.
Only if you give reason for scrutiny does anyone do so.

Thirdly.
We play down the position of capt.
To be cool or polite.
Truth is. If you truly think about it.
The buck stops with the capt.
For all circumstances.
The responsibility is great.
The consequences are great.
A daily success goes unnoticed.
An event of any kind does not.
The price is hi for failure.
So that is not an option.
So remember that when you play down your role as captain next time.

As far as I can see, no one said on this post
That ac pilots are better than anyone else.
We all, strive to be safe.
ANd professional

Return to “Air Canada”