737 max

Discuss topics relating to Air Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

737 max

Post by av8ts »

No more max to the UK for now. Can the A319 It replaced on these flights still do it?
---------- ADS -----------

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: 737 max

Post by altiplano »

They're still an ETOPs aircraft although I'm unsure if the YWG crews that previously did the LHR flights from YYT are still recent/trained/available to conduct the flights.

Right now they're sending everyone through YOW/YUL/YYZ.

I expect we may see the remaining Mainline 767s redeploy to cover the flying if this goes on very long. Or possibly rouge can cover after the spring break rush.

ikarus
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by ikarus »

No more flying to Europe, period. It looks like enitre European airspace and Australia and parts of Asia have placed a ban on the MAX at the moment.

Interesting times ahead for Boeing. Will it admit the fault or will it just continue working on "enhancing an already safe product" as they said yesterday? :?

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

Maybe Air Canada will dump the rest of their 737 Max orders and order a bunch of new Airbus's. Or maybe they can board the Delta band wagon and convince Airbus to make the A220 - 500.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Cause the 320 neo with fume events is far superior

truedude
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by truedude »

goingnowherefast wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:37 pm Cause the 320 neo with fume events is far superior
I would take that over plowing into the ground nose first.

To be fair, I think the world has vastly overreacted. But that being said, my understanding is that Air Canada is not exactly thrilled with the 737's. Maybe it is time to correct a mistake and make it appear as if it is for some benevolent reason.

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

GABOR! Hes weighing in on your "rights" if youre booked on the 737 MIN. PUT SOME GEL IN YOUR HAIR YOU NEERRRRRRD.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/2019/ ... g-737-max/

duranium
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by duranium »

Interesting that our illoustrious transport minister has chosen to be reactive and not proactive.All very nice to toady up to the americans but playing a form of russian roulette with passengers lives is a little more than trivial. My question to him is: How much is a life worth and then multiply by x for a probable event. It sure seems that the rest of the world is wrong and Canada + US are right, just like the lack of enforcement of the railroad laws these past years with dire consequences . Also,the pursuit of the buck at ANY COST by AC stinks to the n degree but who cares, the leamings will be back once all blows over, the head shed needs the performance and profit bonuses . History is the best teacher but in this instance, nobody is minding the store so history is bound to teach all a very hard leasson.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Let’s hear from current Air Canada ‘37MAX pilots who have been driving the thing since introduction, thoughts on the trim issue, training and overall views on this ac type. Love to hear from guys/gals who have the knowledge and can speak on this plane’s attributes.

Localizer
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Localizer »

The ban is nothing more than the Europeans (Airbus) capitalizing on a crappy situation for Boeing .. to be fair, I’m sure the Americans (Boeing) would do the same thing if the roles were reversed.

I don’t fly a 37, but can any of the 37 guys shed some light on what’s happening here? My gut says it’s a training issue .. but I’d like an informed opinion.

Cheers.

Duke Point
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by Duke Point »

No Max pilot should be discussing this topic on a public forum.

DP.

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

Duke Point wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:39 am No Max pilot should be discussing this topic on a public forum.

DP.
WHAT? Are you posting from Russia or the Middle East?

av8ts
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by av8ts »

duranium wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 4:27 am Interesting that our illoustrious transport minister has chosen to be reactive and not proactive.All very nice to toady up to the americans but playing a form of russian roulette with passengers lives is a little more than trivial. My question to him is: How much is a life worth and then multiply by x for a probable event. It sure seems that the rest of the world is wrong and Canada + US are right, just like the lack of enforcement of the railroad laws these past years with dire consequences . Also,the pursuit of the buck at ANY COST by AC stinks to the n degree but who cares, the leamings will be back once all blows over, the head shed needs the performance and profit bonuses . History is the best teacher but in this instance, nobody is minding the store so history is bound to teach all a very hard leasson.
If this was an Airbus or if BA or AF operated a large number of Max’s there would be no EU ban. This is about optics not safety

RVR6000
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by RVR6000 »

No one knows this airplane better than Boeing, FAA, and the NTSB. Not the Chinese or the Europeans agencies with their personal agendas.

If it was inherently flawed I would have faith in the FAA to ground this airplane.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Grounded

duranium
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by duranium »

At last and not too soon

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Carefull.

We start grounding aircraft before we have conclusive proof we enter a whole different world.

Should all 767/757’s right now be grounded after the Atlas air Crash? It looks like it might have been a flight control issue.

What about the Airbus? Should all 340/330 have been grounded after AF447? 3 years from accident to final report.

What about the Malaysian 777? Should all triples be grounded? We really have no idea nor probably ever will what happened there.

This is unprecedented. If it becomes the norm we will have aircraft fleets being grounded all the time. Maybe permanently if we don’t find out what happened.

Brize
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Brize »

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1305 EST - Canada Bans Boeing 737 Max Flights, Citing New Satellite Data

Thats a lot of grounded narrow bodies for AC now.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Brize wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:06 am Wed Mar 13, 2019 1305 EST - Canada Bans Boeing 737 Max Flights, Citing New Satellite Data

Thats a lot of grounded narrow bodies for AC now.
Satellite data can’t provide any kind of conclusions. Referencing it was spin. Notice they didn’t ground the aircraft. Instead banned it from Canadian airspace. We are watching a political reaction to public fear. Fear which we have no idea is based on fact yet.

I get the better safe than sorry approach. Just pointing out the consequences of adapting that approach.

Yycjetdriver
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Yycjetdriver »

Sounds like some good unexpected paid days off!

Return to “Air Canada”