Westjet Mainline FO ad.

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

pacman007
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: Westjet Mainline FO ad.

Post by pacman007 »

So every pilot who flowed over prior to Kaplan award will get the pay as per there DOH at Encore? That’s what I read
---------- ADS -----------

DropTanks
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by DropTanks »

Last edited by DropTanks on Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

PostmasterGeneral wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:11 am
sullecpt wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:17 am Why does WJ mainline even hire OTS? I mean, I know a handful of Encore Captains who have been there several years and still havent had the opportunity to flow up. Why not make the hires 100% from encore? It must be a little frustrating seeing waiting for the call when half the 737 classes are outside hires.
Encore can’t afford to lose any more pilots to mainline without parking airplanes. While Encore was the fastest route to AC two years ago, the tables have turned and now the fastest way to a WJ 737 is through Jazz. :lol:
Always has been. But now with AC hiring so many jazz pilots, jazz having fast upgrades themselves, why would you come to WJ? The tables have turned indeed.

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
KAG
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by KAG »

☝️that sucks...

The feet you step on today might be attached to the ass you're kissing tomorrow.
Chase lifestyle not metal.
SPR
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by SPR »

Now that you've gamed the system and boosted your income into literally the top 1% in Canada, you're upset that your ex is also trying to take advantage and get more money? :roll: Child support and alimony are based on the difference in income between the former spouses, so if you didn't want to pay more you shouldn't have worked so hard to earn more.
Anyway, the WestJet contract hasn't even been finalized, and any clause can be amended if all involved parties agree to the change. Any OTS pilot taking a job at WestJet should understand very clearly that there's a 99% chance they'll be behind hundreds of Encore pilots in seniority, and there's no point going into the job expecting that they'll be able to change it. All the OTS pilots who are salty about falling in behind Encore knew exactly what the deal was when they were hired, and trying to alter the terms of the seniority list to their own benefit would be a selfish act that would earn them the disrespect of hundreds of their peers.
Even Trumpy-whatever, under one of his numerous other usernames, came to the conclusion that it was too late to file a DFR months ago. He just resents Encore pilots for having the audacity to try to improve their working conditions, and not just be slaves who benefit the value of his shares. Don't buy into the crap.

Spokes
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Spokes »

The Trumporium wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:06 am
"DON’T expect any shuffling of positions, lawsuits, grievances or any bullshit like that. It’s just not happening."
That's something you can't control. I'm dealing with the same "hopes" with respect to my ex-spouse. She is threatening to take me to court, looking for retroactive spousal support (above originally agreed) of $300,000, and future spousal support increases of $360,000 to $600,000. I don't think she will take me to court, based on the evidence I have (and the advicde of my counsel), but I cannot say it's "bullshit" and it won't happen. You may be right, at the end of the day, and no pilot may pursue their right to challenge (not via a grievance but rather a DFR challenge) the union's actions, but you cannot predict the future.
Ouch! I thought I had it bad.

Wahunga!
ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Pro tip: never get in a relationship with someone who doesn’t have a comparable salary to yours. (Unless it’s much higher)

Return to “General Comments”