Canada Jetlines

Discuss topics relating to airlines.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

'97 Tercel
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: Canada Jetlines

Post by '97 Tercel »

How do I apply? I'll cover my training costs because it's a start-up..
---------- ADS -----------

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

If you dig through the website you can eventually come to a careers page and upload a resume for either pilot or FA :wink:

pianokeys
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by pianokeys »

Jesus will be back before this airline ever actually amounts to anything.

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

Some may remember Peoples Express from the early ‘80s, it was to be the “ new reality” as all the majors and unions would be put to pasture. Yes, there were some changes but People’s didn’t last to see much of it. Many of the ULCCs dived much faster than they ascended in the Aviation world. WOW is the latest example.

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by gustind »

https://ceo.ca/@nasdaq/jetlines-announc ... nch-timing

VANCOUVER, British Columbia, April 04, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Canada Jetlines Ltd. (JET: TSX-V; JETMF: OTCQB) (the “Company” or “Jetlines”) provides an update on recent corporate developments related to its planned launch of airline operations in 2019. Jetlines has made significant progress with respect to the airport agreements, commercial agreements and personnel additions required to launch operations. It has also announced financing transactions with SmartLynx Airlines SIA for up to $15 million and a Korean special purpose fund led and established by InHarv Partners Ltd. for up to $14 million. As a result of the Company’s progress as well as the current status of financing initiatives, Jetlines has set a launch of commercial service targeted for December 17, 2019 using Vancouver (YVR) as Jetlines’ home airport.

As a result of this determination, Jetlines and AerCap have mutually agreed to terminate the leases for two Airbus A320 aircraft, and Jetlines has entered into a letter of intent with its partner, SmartLynx Airlines SIA, for the lease of two alternate Airbus A320 that will be available for delivery in Q4 2019 in line with the expected commencement of Jetlines’ operations. The two aircraft will have the same configuration as the AerCap aircraft, with 180 ACRO seats. The letter of intent is subject to executing a definitive lease agreement and other conditions customary to a transaction of this nature.

Executive Chairman, Mark Morabito commented, “I am pleased with the Jetlines strategy of launching for the winter peak, in time for the holidays. The leased aircraft are on favorable terms as a result of our partnership with SmartLynx and this decision is expected to help Jetlines deliver better results than originally anticipated. In addition to our financing announcements with SmartLynx and InHarv, the Company continues to work with other groups in effort to secure the rest of the capital required for our start-up.”

Daniel Gustin
boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/fly ... ogan-says/

Wow!

Classy. I cant wait to fly these guys. :roll:

Boreas
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Boreas »

Yeah... don't hold your breath.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

I wonder how much they paid a marketing firm for that horrible slogan? Can't say "Flying Sucked" during my last trip on an A320/DH1 or a 737 NG (AC/Jazz and WJ respectively).

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

To be honest I can't wait until Jetlines and even more of these entrants join the Canadian skies.

It's about time the Canadian public figured out that air travel is not a right and rather an earned privilege. They'll learn the different standards of cost & service that have been present in Europe and abroad.

Despite the popular (unprofitable) domestic duopoly and their passengers insisting that "things were better in the good ol' days" - a couple Xmas f-ups from these low-ball carriers will sort public opinion out.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

Has anyone applied? I’m curious what they are offering. Not that I have any intention of going there.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

I would imagine pegged at Flair or Swoop wages, probably mid 50's for FO, and low 100s for Captains.

CJ ain't breaking any molds, that's for sure. Hopefully they can avoid the mess and cancellations that have plagued Swoop and Flair, if they actually get their metal sorted out.

S.

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

Oh boy, same crap pay but now based in the most expensive city in Canada.

Where do I sign up??

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

The website is all media and financial. There's no "Careers Section", not that I could find at least

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

goingnowherefast wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:51 am The website is all media and financial. There's no "Careers Section", not that I could find at least
Far right tab "Contact", third option down "Careers", bottom of the page has the job postings.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

JBI wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:54 am
goingnowherefast wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 4:51 am The website is all media and financial. There's no "Careers Section", not that I could find at least
Far right tab "Contact", third option down "Careers", bottom of the page has the job postings.
To be fair on their old site it was VERY buried. This one... Semi buried. Especially considering they linked in the ad to just the main site not the career page. Also no requirements posted

JBI
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by JBI »

C-GGGQ wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:20 am
To be fair on their old site it was VERY buried. This one... Semi buried. Especially considering they linked in the ad to just the main site not the career page. Also no requirements posted
100% - there was no judging. Just providing the info.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

This is the trick to getting hired. If you can find where to apply, than you get the job.

W5
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by W5 »

Probably aiming to bring crew in with the airplanes on a cheap wetlease; seeing as that it is SmartLynx.

telex
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by telex »

I bet nobody could have predicted this.

I cannot believe an operation with no OC, no airplanes, and no pilots isn't going to fly in December.

https://www.skiesmag.com/press-releases ... -update-2/

Jetlines provides financing update

SEPTEMBER 30, 2019

Canada Jetlines Ltd. is providing an update on its financing progress.

The company has made significant advancements towards launching commercial airline operations which have been detailed in prior news releases. Commercial agreements have been concluded with airports, suppliers, service providers and other key stakeholders. Jetlines has also made progress in the licensing process through the submission of operations manuals and licensing documents to Transport Canada and the Canadian Transportation Agency. However, the completion of the financing required to launch airline operations remains critical to Jetlines’ continued advancement and launch.

With regards to financing efforts, Jetlines is currently discussing the opportunity with a number of institutions whose investments would be sufficient to launch operations. At this time, Jetlines’ partners at SmartLynx Airlines SIA and InHarv ULCC Growth Fund remain committed to seeing Jetlines through the financing process.

Jetlines’ intent is to convert investor interest into financing commitments, but it cannot provide any assurances that this will occur. Jetlines will provide further updates to the market with respect to its financing efforts through future news releases.

Liberalism itself as a religion where its tenets cannot be proven, but provides a sense of moral rectitude at no real cost.

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”