Post by Apollo »

What happened to the pet peeves post?
---------- ADS -----------

xxxxxx
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Pet Peeves?

Post by xxxxxx »

Unfortunately, one or two persons used the thread to post insults instead of intelligent replies, including a post that was just deleted by the mods here. Understandably, the person attacked responded in kind but it is unfortunate that they are put in this position.

initiating immature, grade school insults ends up results in lost threads sometimes. Immature posters should go somewhere else.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

I hate it when dispatch calls and makes me go to work. Don't they know I have more important things to do than fly their silly little aeroplane around?

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

co-joe wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm I hate it when dispatch calls and makes me go to work. Don't they know I have more important things to do than fly their silly little aeroplane around?
I know, right? It's, "f#ck you, pay me," not, "f#ck you, work me!" Where do they get off? Clowns.

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

co-joe wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:37 pm I hate it when dispatch calls and makes me go to work. Don't they know I have more important things to do than fly their silly little aeroplane around?
Just don’t answer. Call back a little later, tell them you were taking a poop and hopefully they called someone else by then.

Shady McSly
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Shady McSly »

xxxxxx wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 6:40 am Unfortunately, one or two persons used the thread to post insults instead of intelligent replies, including a post that was just deleted by the mods here. Understandably, the person attacked responded in kind but it is unfortunate that they are put in this position.

initiating immature, grade school insults ends up results in lost threads sometimes. Immature posters should go somewhere else.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

The "Person attacked" went way, way too far in response.

He actually keyword searched "Divorce" in order to reference an old unrelated thread in which TPC was openheartedly, humbly talking about and giving advice to others regarding his own tribulations. The "Person attacked", who seems to be a fellow pilot, then unfathomably used a man's divorce as some sort of reduction on his personal yardstick and outright stated he hoped his kids went with the other parent.

Let that sink in, over an internet forum thread argument.

Easily the most basic, classless post I have ever seen on this forum the entire time I've been a member. Glad it got deleted, but I'm sure many people saw it, and from here on out I won't respect a word of his opinion.

hamstandard
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by hamstandard »

It would be nice to have a policy from the mods to just delete the few posts that become a argument and keep the rest of the thread. Maybe they can do that with the one we are talking about and then delete this thread. Hate to see a good thread disappear.

co-joe
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by co-joe »

hamstandard wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 1:00 am It would be nice to have a policy from the mods to just delete the few posts that become a argument and keep the rest of the thread. Maybe they can do that with the one we are talking about and then delete this thread. Hate to see a good thread disappear.
I hate it when good threads disappear.

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

My Pet Peeve is the cost of traveling on Canadian Airlines.

MUSKEG
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by MUSKEG »

You mean like this right? :)

DEPARTING FLIGHT
Abbotsford, BC (YXX)Edmonton, AB (YEG)
Due to information caching intervals, actual price may vary. Please query flight directly for actual fares available at time of query.

[b][i][size=150]Nonstop 1h 21m WO124 737-800
$9.00 1 seat(s) left
Total[b][/b][/size][/i][/b]

CAL
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by CAL »

No smartass the 1000 plus to go from las to yyc this week.
No one goes to the lovely places you posted this the price and especially that pairing.

MUSKEG
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by MUSKEG »

Geeeez. You are peeved.

Diadem
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Diadem »

CAL wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 pm No smartass the 1000 plus to go from las to yyc this week.
No one goes to the lovely places you posted this the price and especially that pairing.
So the places people don't want to go are cheap, and the places people do want to go are expensive. Isn't that supply-and-demand? Why would an airline charge $9 to go to Vegas when they can fill a plane at a hundred times that price?

infiniteregulus
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by infiniteregulus »

Diadem wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:28 am
CAL wrote: Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:25 pm No smartass the 1000 plus to go from las to yyc this week.
So the places people don't want to go are cheap, and the places people do want to go are expensive. Isn't that supply-and-demand? Why would an airline charge $9 to go to Vegas when they can fill a plane at a hundred times that price?

Passenger entitlement

Kejidog
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Kejidog »

My pet peeve is actually thinking this site has something to add to avaition knowledge. But instead is a bunch of winers complaing that they are either underpaid, or over paid and or tired or jealous of every other industry. I joined thinking this may help me become a better GA pilot. Instead it made me realize that the person flying me and my family is a disgruntled cry baby. I hardly ever come on here and whenever i do I regret it. I actually wonder if anyone on here is actaully employed to fly or just a bunch trolls jerking each other. Glad i chose firefighting as a job. It pays well and pussies who can’t hack usually quit or go on to day work.

Drops mic and leaves for some GA specific forms.

FL410AV8R
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by FL410AV8R »

Kejidog wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:17 pm My pet peeve is actually thinking this site has something to add to avaition knowledge. But instead is a bunch of winers complaing that they are either underpaid, or over paid and or tired or jealous of every other industry. I joined thinking this may help me become a better GA pilot. Instead it made me realize that the person flying me and my family is a disgruntled cry baby. I hardly ever come on here and whenever i do I regret it. I actually wonder if anyone on here is actaully employed to fly or just a bunch trolls jerking each other. Glad i chose firefighting as a job. It pays well and pussies who can’t hack usually quit or go on to day work.

Drops mic and leaves for some GA specific forms.
6 spelling mistakes and numerous grammatical errors in one paragraph. Clearly mensa material.

DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Got a pretty good point man. Exemplified by that reply, unless that was toungue in cheek, in which case well done.

Seems like posters are either bitter or entitled right? It's true, but sometimes, with cause.

Well, the problem is our position in this industry (Which, remember, is our day-to-day job and livelihood.) has been negotiated out of any modicum of respect. Even in the public eye pilots in Canada are minimized and second rate. You can tell the difference between walking through a Canadian airport in uniform compared to a US one.

Public perception here might have something to do with all the tired bleary eyed crews that travellers generally see in the airports, going in and out of shuttles for 14 hour days and 10 hour rest, day in and day out.

Glad you chose firefighting, there seems to be a common inclination with pilots. One of my best friend is a firefighter, we did PPL ground school together both with the intent of a career. He fucked off halfway through and continued living his awesome life.
I got offered an interview at the fire service in the same city 2 years later, which is essentially a lottery win. I turned it down because I just moved cities and committed to aviation. Sweet Jesus.

Some of the hundreds of people who even hoped for a chance at that job have said I'm the worlds' ultimate moron for turning it down at the door. In retrospect...I still don't know.

Anyhow I brought the service up for another reason. It's a rewarding job for people who work hard for the good of society. It's a job that requires a type of person that calms down under pressure or during an emergency and can perform a task where some may not be able.
Same attributes as what a pilot should be... at least traditionally.
Most people can grasp the academic training of firefighting. You can even dismiss a lot of the nitty gritty of numbers when you realize most of it is simply common sense.

Economically, there are far, far more applicants for the fire service than openings. You need references and good credentials.

So wait! Isn't this the same structure as aviation?

Shit.

The difference is aviation got uber privatized and the service has not. Private operators massively took advantage of the glut of potential pilots, and while you still needed to be the best of the best to succeed, you got handed Kraft dinner instead of rewarding compensation and a commendable station in your community.

Anyhow man, I'd go to other forums looking for GA advice too. Honestly, this site was great for that before it became JazzCanada.

But ya know what? I got my first aviation job through here, and my second. Met a ton of awesome people, almost moved to 3 different countries, (But didn't). Crashed on couches (Yes, even in Elliott Lake courtesy of EM ;) ) Hell, even got VIP Red Bull Air Race tickets and became long time friends with a really decent guy. Also met a French guy, but I hear he doesn't speak English in the radio... too bad because he's a stand up dude too.

So anyways peanut.... you do you man.

lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Kejidog wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:17 pm the person flying me and my family is a disgruntled cry baby
That's an unfair generalization. They could also be a sociopath, an idiot, or just an asshole.

Mône
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Mône »

Toronto center, this is (insert airline here)1234 with you

|
|
|

This triggers me