AirTransat: for sale-Blue-rouge...?

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

gustind
Rank 6
Rank 6

Transat AT Inc Announces Preliminary Discussions Concerning a Potential Sale of the Corporation

Post by gustind »

https://ceo.ca/@newswire/transat-at-inc ... concerning

MONTREAL, April 30, 2019 /CNW Telbec/ - The Corporation announces being in preliminary discussions with more than one party concerning a potential transaction involving the acquisition of the Corporation.

These discussions result from expressions of interest received by the Corporation. The Corporation has formed a special committee of independent directors to evaluate the proposals with the assistance of financial and legal advisors, consider, and if deemed advisable, undertake a process for the formal review of strategic alternatives, consider any alternative proposal, and make recommendations to the Board of Directors in the best interests of the Corporation and all its stakeholders.

This situation has no impact on the clients or employees of Transat, nor on its operations, which are continuing as usual.

The discussions are at a preliminary stage. No decision has been made as to any potential transaction. There can be no assurance that any transaction will take place. The Corporation does not intend to provide further updates or comments with respect to the foregoing except as required by law.

About Transat
Transat A.T. Inc. is a leading integrated international tourism company specializing in holiday travel. It offers vacation packages, hotel stays and air travel under the Transat and Air Transat brands to some 60 destinations in more than 25 countries in the Americas and Europe. Based in Montreal, the company has 5,000 employees. Transat is firmly committed to sustainable tourism development, as reflected in its multiple corporate responsibility initiatives over the past 12 years, and was awarded Travelife certification in 2018 (TSX: TRZ).
---------- ADS -----------

Daniel Gustin
I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

AirTransat: for sale-Blue-rouge...?

Post by I WAS Birddog »

Before you plot your revenge on someone, make sure to dig two graveyard plots.
http://twitter.com/@iwasbirddog
daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Transat AT Inc Announces Preliminary Discussions Concerning a Potential Sale of the Corporation

Post by daedalusx »

Wonder who’s going to make a move especially at 14.50-17.50.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Re: Transat AT Inc Announces Preliminary Discussions Concerning a Potential Sale of the Corporation

Post by rudder »

TRZ is a $5 stock absent a takeover rumour. Even at a 100% acquisition premium it is a $10 stock.

Easily affordable for AC. Sell non-core assets. Net cost of acquisition quite low. Merge airline operation in to Rouge.

FL-280
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by FL-280 »

I don't wish the Transat pilots AC as a customer..... History has shown, doh will not even be on the table. I believe this would be devastating for the pilot group.

I hope a party outside of aviation buys Transat and business as usual for the crewmembers

daedalusx
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by daedalusx »

rudder wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:06 am TRZ is a $5 stock absent a takeover rumour. Even at a 100% acquisition premium it is a $10 stock.

Easily affordable for AC. Sell non-core assets. Net cost of acquisition quite low. Merge airline operation in to Rouge.
Book value is 10-12$ with the excesses cash and hotel investment. Good luck convincing the stockholders to sign off at 10. It’s not the greatest stock but I’m still not confident it’ll sell at that price.

In twenty years time when your kids ask how you got into flying you want to be able to say "work and determination" not "I just kept taking money from your grandparents for type ratings until someone was stupid enough to give me a job"
DanWEC
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by DanWEC »

Why are pilots always looking at the airline side of TS and also Air Canada? ;) Company doesn't have anything to do with Rouge. Airline is also just support.
They're probably trying to have financial backing to continue to develop property down south. They'll maintain their vertical integration model and possibly merge with whatever company buys them if they also happen to have an air carrier, but doubtful.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Re: AirTransat: for sale-Blue-rouge...?

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

😥 end of the music in Canada if this happens, at least for the foreseable future.

S.

big_sky
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by big_sky »

Stock is up 46% today, new aircraft arriving shortly, generally the mood is pretty upbeat amongst employees.

I think TS will be just fine whatever happens.

www.newtransatdestination.com

ant_321
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by ant_321 »

I have no inside knowledge whatsoever but if I were to take a guess it would be an outside travel company of some sort. If that were the case it would probably have little impact for the average employee. Something along the lines of the Sunwing, TUI arrangement. Maybe even TUI ;). #tuicanada

Jean-Pierre
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Jean-Pierre »

I don't understand. All those thread said Transat had great job security.

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

daedalusx wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:33 am
Book value is 10-12$ with the excesses cash and hotel investment. Good luck convincing the stockholders to sign off at 10. It’s not the greatest stock but I’m still not confident it’ll sell at that price.
Something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

If AC offered a cash/stock combination my guess is lots of TRZ shareholders would sign up.

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

Jean-Pierre wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 2:18 pm I don't understand. All those thread said Transat had great job security.
That's a great question for the pilots union; ALPA

I WAS Birddog
Rank Moderator
Rank Moderator

Post by I WAS Birddog »

FL-280 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:20 am I believe this would be devastating for the pilot group.

Let's hope not. ALPA is amazing...they'll have all the right answers.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Sad news indeed. :( For the industry that is.

God I hope that this will not result in a mapleflot country.

But what do I know, I am stupid enough to believe in democracy.

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

As someone mentioned in another thread AIR Transat is not for sale. Transat is. Probably to some other vacation company or conglomerate.

palebird
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by palebird »

If Transat winds up being sold what do you think happens to Air Transat?? The only reason Air Transat exists is to service Transat. Think about that. Nothing lasts forever, especially in the Canadian aviation world.

C-GGGQ
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by C-GGGQ »

I'm saying that you are all acting as if the airline portion specifically is for sale, to another airline. Which is not the case. More likely, something along the lines of Sunwing's deal with TUI. Sky isn't falling yet.

schnitzel2k3
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by schnitzel2k3 »

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

Return to “General Comments”