Future AME Discouraged

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

auto.tat
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: Future AME Discouraged

Post by auto.tat »

Been in aviation for plus twenty years, had a chance to get out twenty years ago was always trying to be optimistic now regretting not switching. Really don't have anything positive to say about being an AME.

I made my choice no one else to blame, the only upside is never been unemployed and that is something I will be ever grateful for.
---------- ADS -----------

superathlete69
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by superathlete69 »

First post here, but I'll give my 2 cents.

I've been working for about 13 years now...m1/m2 lots of time working in the bush on float planes, corporate, airliners and have a few D17.1 welding welding tickets. I've lived and worked overseas in many places. Have a good full time job paying well over 6 figures and do lots of freelance jobs on smaller piston aircraft....Anyways, its not for everybody and I have worked my ass off and overall happy with where I am in the industry. There are great jobs and lots of money to be made if you want to work....or if you are a "union, i'm not doing it because that's not my job type of guy" then maybe aviation is not the place to be. But if I could go back and do things over, I probably would go in to mining, oil and gas, heavy equipment mech...something along those lines.

inspectionsthatwork
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by inspectionsthatwork »

Don't be discouraged too much.
If you are just getting started you are still in a good position to find work at some point. But be prepared to work at a wage you won't like. You will fresh meat and right now costly contractors like me are a bitter pill to swallow for the businesses. So you might be employed before me. No one has money but experience and skills cost money.
Go and get your education at least. No one will promise you to make more than a car mechanic, however. 40.00 per hour for a full-time guy (after 10 years) are top wages and that just is no longer adequate either when you see what you could have bought 10 years ago for that wage. Those 40.00 should be 50.
The good news is that everyone here is in the same boat and no matter where or what you want to learn, its all the same.

Welcome to reality.
John

inspectionsthatwork
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by inspectionsthatwork »

Don't be discouraged too much.
If you are just getting started you are still in a good position to find work at some point. But be prepared to work at a wage you won't like. You will be fresh meat and you better don't complain either.
Go and get your education at least. No one will promise you to make more than a car mechanic, however. 40.00 per hour for a full-time guy (after 10 years) are top wages and that just is no longer adequate either when you see what you could have bought 10 years ago for that wage. Those 40.00 should be 50.
The good news is that everyone here is in the same boat and no matter where or what you want to learn, its all the same.

Welcome to reality.
John

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Thread still going ten years later, is OP in it? Did it and got out? Or had enough brains to turn and run! Lol been in it myself 16 years all helicopters all over North America field and overhaul maintenance. Lots of great memories and worked my ass off to gain the skills and training / Type Certs I do have. But it comes at a huge sacrifice of away from home, less pay than deserved for the responsibility and working for some of the most vicious human beings to walk the face of the earth. In hind sight I was too optimistic and didn’t listen to people like the ones in this forum. Now two long term relationships destroyed as well as several others, missed graduations marriages funerals and births, I have some serious regrets. The TRADE itself is an awesome one, I do love it, and that’s the only good thing about it. The variety, skill and everyday challenge tha make ames as amazing as they are is what’s kept me around.... but Canada’s INDUSTRY..... is its own worst enemy, it’s so bad it’s sub third world these days.The survivors in it, and advance quickly are usually washouts and will work for nothing just to prove something and operators know it, and capitalize on it. My AME buddy 15 years my Sr. Is right, the toilet was flushed in 2008 and now it SUCKS THE BIG ONE! This virus/pandemic hopefully will reset things globally and flush the companies floating around that deserve it... ... :lol:.... I’m already seeing the aircraft being frantically sold off by many of said crappy companies....

Last edited by PitchLink on Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:38 am, edited 3 times in total.
PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

fixnfly wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:17 pm
flatface wrote:Flying wing, it sounds like you have a good job that you like. I may sound like a crusty old man (38 years in the maintenance game) but I have to agree that after some time in you will realize that there are better gigs out there.

Wait until you start getting pressure to sign the release on some aircrat because passengers are waiting, it is too expensive to fix it right now, egomaniacs who did the job for a few months, who are now your boss, now think they know enough to direct you and give you orders, even though they contravene the CARS, standard practices, safety standards, etc.

I guess you have not experienced the style of management where daily explosive rages are SOP, when your boss sticks his face inches from yours, screaming at the top of his voice, heis still unable to motivate his workforce, and all in front of your crew when you are the crew chief?

The shift work, the missed stat holidays, the working outside in all extemes of weather, no summer vacations for the first 20 years of your career when your family is young, all takes it's toll.

The industry is all about three things now, money, money, and money. Less for you, more for the executives.

I am out of the game now and am so glad I never caused any damage or deaths (passenger or manager). The stress and responsibility just gets to you after a while.

I just wish I had become a hair dresser, they can't outsourse that to Central America......

Wow reading that was depressing...

And unfortunately it’s the same story across the board in this industry. Except for some of the sick individuals out there working for peanuts and just grateful just to be in the industry. They are the problem and companies pray on them... that sets the bar so high for anyone else just wanting to make a livable wage and have some kind of a schedule...

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

Wow I read that front to back, I was going to add my thoughts but woah. The majority wins and I’ll second every single one that warns against it. Don’t think that kid got into it after reading that LOL

littleboyblue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by littleboyblue »

Well, been in aviation 33 years and I have nothing to complain about. Done everything from apprentice shit jobs to teaching to full management positions. Are there assholes? Of course there are just like any industry. Are there shit companies? Of course, AC Leading the way imo.

I've been kicked around, taken advantage of, bullied, harassed and fired but have always come back stronger and never looked back or dwelled on the past...and never ever have I let my integrity be compromised.

I've even been kicked off of this forum for being fully supportive of the industry and not backing down from anything or anyone telling me that my job, my knowledge or my industry is shit. I've got no time for haters and complainers. If you don't like what you are doing then get out but don't bloody complain about it, just freak'n move on cause shit has to get done.

Currently I contract and have for the past 2 years and let me tell you I've never been compensated more or been appreciated more for my knowledge and experience. Even through this whole Covid thing I've managed to stay on contract and I love it. Hoping to retire soon (in my 50's) and going out with a bang making as much as I possibly can until the end when I can enjoy my sport touring and adventure bikes, my quad, my sled, my boat and my RV...all paid for by this industry.

I am a Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Category E and proud of it!

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

littleboyblue wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:14 am Well, been in aviation 33 years and I have nothing to complain about. Done everything from apprentice shit jobs to teaching to full management positions. Are there assholes? Of course there are just like any industry. Are there shit companies? Of course, AC Leading the way imo.

I've been kicked around, taken advantage of, bullied, harassed and fired but have always come back stronger and never looked back or dwelled on the past...and never ever have I let my integrity be compromised.

I've even been kicked off of this forum for being fully supportive of the industry and not backing down from anything or anyone telling me that my job, my knowledge or my industry is shit. I've got no time for haters and complainers. If you don't like what you are doing then get out but don't bloody complain about it, just freak'n move on cause shit has to get done.

Currently I contract and have for the past 2 years and let me tell you I've never been compensated more or been appreciated more for my knowledge and experience. Even through this whole Covid thing I've managed to stay on contract and I love it. Hoping to retire soon (in my 50's) and going out with a bang making as much as I possibly can until the end when I can enjoy my sport touring and adventure bikes, my quad, my sled, my boat and my RV...all paid for by this industry.

I am a Canadian Aircraft Maintenance Engineer Category E and proud of it!
Well littleboyblue I’ve been contracting for well over 10 years and I agree, it’s better but most heli ames with any sense at all go that way. As for the complaints about the industry, they are valid, being treated the way you did (as many have) and also standing up for what you call “my industry” (it’s not just yours) is more worrisome than anything I’ve read lately. There is nothing wrong from what’s posted on her a want for fair treatment and some governing work standards like almost any and every other profession. Bout the only thing I agree with is your opinion of AC. This trade is awesome but Canada’s industry sucks the big one!

littleboyblue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by littleboyblue »

not asking anyone's approval. don't care what you agree with. and of course I don't mean "my industry" as mine alone. duh!
it's just what it is for me.

airlines treat you like a number as many large companies do no matter what industry.
anytime I've been unhappy I've just moved on trusting myself to come up with something else that works for me.
I've been treated best by the ma and pa shops but they are always surviving week to week trying to make a go of it collecting bad debts from scummy aircraft owners who can't really afford to have one and think that all the shops are crooks.
I've been treated the worst by government job management and unions. I don't recommend them to anyone no matter what the pension or benefits are like. unions and their dues is outright fraud and theft in my opinion.

having fun working hard was ingrained in me as a youngster and I really don't care how hard I have to work to put food on my table as long as I'm happy doing it. it's 40 - 50 years of my life so if I'm not happy doing it I have only myself to blame. it's a free country I live in.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

littleboyblue wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:24 am not asking anyone's approval. don't care what you agree with. and of course I don't mean "my industry" as mine alone. duh!
it's just what it is for me.

airlines treat you like a number as many large companies do no matter what industry.
anytime I've been unhappy I've just moved on trusting myself to come up with something else that works for me.
I've been treated best by the ma and pa shops but they are always surviving week to week trying to make a go of it collecting bad debts from scummy aircraft owners who can't really afford to have one and think that all the shops are crooks.
I've been treated the worst by government job management and unions. I don't recommend them to anyone no matter what the pension or benefits are like. unions and their dues is outright fraud and theft in my opinion.

having fun working hard was ingrained in me as a youngster and I really don't care how hard I have to work to put food on my table as long as I'm happy doing it. it's 40 - 50 years of my life so if I'm not happy doing it I have only myself to blame. it's a free country I live in.
40-50 years...... sounds about right, ames can’t afford to retire they just work till they’re dead! So F’n sad.

littleboyblue
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by littleboyblue »

actually I can afford to retire today. after almost 34 years of being an AME. just don't want to.
I just don't understand how anyone can't retire after 35 years of working in Canada unless you've lived above your means all of that time.

my father and mother raise 5 kids with only one modest income. we had very little extras growing up. there was never any extra money. the only loan they ever took out though was a mortgage. they paid for new things only when they had enough to afford it.

my father has been retired since he was 58, is now 82 and has plenty. my mother and him have everything they want and need. all of my siblings paid their own way through school, we never had "allowances" as kids and were never given money except for the essentials in life. we are all financially comfortable and happy. we were taught to work hard and spend wisely and it has paid off for all of us. there are no regrets, just lessons learned.

it's not rocket science. we just didn't need that brand new car because the used one we bought for cash still gets us where we need to go. we didn't need that new smartphone because the old one is just 5 years old and works for what we need it for...to make phone calls :shock:

and my 12 year old daughter doesn't need the newest iPhone because her friends all have it, she just uses the old flip phone we gave here in case of an emergency. the computers at school, at home and the library get her all of the info she needs to get done what she needs to get done and to enquire/inquire about her curiosities.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

littleboyblue wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:49 am actually I can afford to retire today. after almost 34 years of being an AME. just don't want to.
I just don't understand how anyone can't retire after 35 years of working in Canada unless you've lived above your means all of that time.

my father and mother raise 5 kids with only one modest income. we had very little extras growing up. there was never any extra money. the only loan they ever took out though was a mortgage. they paid for new things only when they had enough to afford it.

my father has been retired since he was 58, is now 82 and has plenty. my mother and him have everything they want and need. all of my siblings paid their own way through school, we never had "allowances" as kids and were never given money except for the essentials in life. we are all financially comfortable and happy. we were taught to work hard and spend wisely and it has paid off for all of us. there are no regrets, just lessons learned.

it's not rocket science. we just didn't need that brand new car because the used one we bought for cash still gets us where we need to go. we didn't need that new smartphone because the old one is just 5 years old and works for what we need it for...to make phone calls :shock:

and my 12 year old daughter doesn't need the newest iPhone because her friends all have it, she just uses the old flip phone we gave here in case of an emergency. the computers at school, at home and the library get her all of the info she needs to get done what she needs to get done and to enquire/inquire about her curiosities.

Thank you for reinforcing my points.

PitchLink
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by PitchLink »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 pm
littleboyblue wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:49 am actually I can afford to retire today. after almost 34 years of being an AME. just don't want to.

LOL

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

PitchLink wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:06 am
Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:05 pm

LOL
Just everyone please read this thread front to back. The majority rules, don’t get into this industry for a steady means of a living.

ludivicchua
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ludivicchua »

Hi! Before I begin telling you my point of view regarding the Aviation industry, I'd like to clarify that my English is not that good. Before I took the AME course, I was required to take ESL classes and get 70% in English from a GAS program. My English is good enough to be able to do my job and effectively communicate and comprehend technical matters. My point is I'm not good at expressing concepts but my English is qualified enough for this job. I would like to apologize ahead for my English if it isn't that good.

Now, let's jump into the topic! I grew up all my life in Toronto, in the city proper, despite my poor English. Therefore, I consider Toronto my hometown and I got used to the lifestyle there. City life is stressful and the cost of living is very expensive. Now with Aviation, you are required to travel for opportunities and shoulder the cost of doing that. Getting into this industry and staying in this industry will cost you a lot and it pays like a piece of crap! Doing what you love (or perhaps loving what you do) gives you meaningful work, but at the end of the day, you have to do something about your financial security and you have to make a living. I am still single to this day, I went to prom all by myself, I have no children, I have no family to support, I'm 30 years old right now, and my f*cking god, this job is not good enough to even support just myself! You will find jobs that are more stable, less responsibility, less demanding, and have better working environment, without educational requirement, that pays exactly the same! Worse, the cost of being an AME is expensive, so you will be poorer than being a Call Center Agent for example! I went to school to have a better paying job, otherwise I would have just went straight into the workplace! What else is the point of going to school? Losers are still doing this job regardless of the pay and benefits because they are egotistic! You know, in our society, we are tied to our profession. People will always ask you what you do and telling them that you are an AME gives you a better status because it sounds very professional, but really, it is just a Technician job that pays worse than jobs I was able to find and get into without educational requirement! Are you willing to be poorer just to save face? A job is a f*cking job!

I graduated 10 years ago and I left this industry right now! I was told back then to always act professionally, put a good PR, and protect my image because this industry is small and things about you goes around. Now that I left the industry, I will practice my free speech! I was indoctrinated to become a loyal AME and drink the cool-aid you losers drank and continue to drink! Sure, meaningful work is important for one to function, but money is more important because necessities are indispensable! Are you willing to continually do what you are passionate doing knowing your finances is getting worse and it's becoming harder and harder for you to make a living? My f*cking god, I was able to find better paying jobs than this that requires no college education!

The poor pay, the high cost of being an AME, and the travelling, have screwed me up financially that I have to leave this job! I'm struggling to make a living with this job and I just told you my story! I wonder how does it work for someone that has a family? You can't even f*cking survive as a single young guy! I decided to have a career change and doing that may need me to go back to school. Incur more debt that you will have to work for and pay back on top of your financial problems! I ain't going back to school and I ain't going back to this job! I already decided to become a Farmer and I will take myself out of the rat's race that is the lifestyle here in Canada! From city boy to a rural Farmer! When you are screwed financially and you lose the rat's race by starting over, you have no choice but to go for minimalism which is something I may need to get used to, as someone who grew up as a city boy. You know, I see travel Vloggers who quit their job, gave up everything, and settled for that.

I co-own a farm abroad, I got my citizenship with the help of my mother, and I will leave Canada to become a Fish Farmer. Yes, Farmers are poor from the perspective that they are not productive enough, but you can make a simple living. Whether you own land or not, you can become a Farmer and make a simple living. Without land, you will work as a Tenant in Southeast Asia. You know, Luke Skywalker died a simple life as a Farmer.

I will make my life easier, I know how to do it, but I need to leave Canada for good. AME is bull sh*t man! It's because of egotism why some people continue to do it, over a different job that pays more and is more stable! It's a joke! It is not f*cking worth it! You are not making money, you are losing money doing this job! All for what? Passion? Validation?

The pay is the hardest thing for me to swallow as an AME! At the end of the day, you need to make a living in an expensive country as Canada! By now, you should already know how expensive it is to live here! We all live here! Being a Farmer is better than this nonsense! I went through it, I cannot take it anymore!

Last edited by ludivicchua on Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
ludivicchua
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ludivicchua »

Tell me if it's worth it with how much money they are paying you and the benefits they give you, knowing that you will be more better off doing a different job! My god, you are still drinking the cool-aid or you don't have any choice? I met a Bus Driver in Toronto who was a Pilot, he is driving the bus because it pays more! The losers out there will never do that because their ego is more important! A job is a job, you gonna make a living to survive! How are you going to do that with this kind of pay?

This job is a joke! If a lot of middle-class people already ended up homeless in the US, I can afford to leave this job and become a Farmer! I will take it easy knowing how the world works socially now that I am old enough!

How do you continue going through all of these while it's making you more and more broke?

You got many people complaining, here is another one complaining! It is a terrible industry with a terrible pay! I can swallow it all if you are paying me enough to make a living! It is not a job, it is a liability to me!

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

ludivicchua wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:46 pm Tell me if it's worth it with how much money they are paying you and the benefits they give you, knowing that you will be more better off doing a different job! My god, you are still drinking the cool-aid or you don't have any choice? I met a Bus Driver in Toronto who was a Pilot, he is driving the bus because it pays more! The losers out there will never do that because their ego is more important! A job is a job, you gonna make a living to survive! How are you going to do that with this kind of pay?

This job is a joke! If a lot of middle-class people already ended up homeless in the US, I can afford to leave this job and become a Farmer! I will take it easy knowing how the world works socially now that I am old enough!

How do you continue going through all of these while it's making you more and more broke?

You got many people complaining, here is another one complaining! It is a terrible industry with a terrible pay! I can swallow it all if you are paying me enough to make a living! It is not a job, it is a liability to me!
The elephant in the room has always been pay. Pilots and ames alike make garbage in Canada . It’s well known the USA paid worse but not so much anymore after it hit the mainstream media, things quietly started correcting over the last decade. Yes being an AME in Canada is a horrible career these days. There used to be money in it, not anymore. I do enough just to maintain my AME license no more, no less. I make far more in the states with way less work.

Bug_Stomper_01
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Bug_Stomper_01 »

ludivicchua wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:49 pm Hi! Before I begin telling you my point of view regarding the Aviation industry, I'd like to clarify that my English is not that good. Before I took the AME course, I was required to take ESL classes and get 70% in English from a GAS program. My English is good enough to be able to do my job and effectively communicate and comprehend technical matters. My point is I'm not good at expressing concepts but my English is qualified enough for this job. I would like to apologize ahead for my English if it isn't that good.

Now, let's jump into the topic! I grew up all my life in Toronto, in the city proper, despite my poor English. Therefore, I consider Toronto my hometown and I got used to the lifestyle there. City life is stressful and the cost of living is very expensive. Now with Aviation, you are required to travel for opportunities and shoulder the cost of doing that. Getting into this industry and staying in this industry will cost you a lot and it pays like a piece of crap! Doing what you love (or perhaps loving what you do) gives you meaningful work, but at the end of the day, you have to do something about your financial security and you have to make a living. I am still single to this day, I went to prom all by myself, I have no children, I have no family to support, I'm 30 years old right now, and my f*cking god, this job is not good enough to even support just myself! You will find jobs that are more stable, less responsibility, less demanding, and have better working environment, without educational requirement, that pays exactly the same! Worse, the cost of being an AME is expensive, so you will be poorer than being a Call Center Agent for example! I went to school to have a better paying job, otherwise I would have just went straight into the workplace! What else is the point of going to school? Losers are still doing this job regardless of the pay and benefits because they are egotistic! You know, in our society, we are tied to our profession. People will always ask you what you do and telling them that you are an AME gives you a better status because it sounds very professional, but really, it is just a Technician job that pays worse than jobs I was able to find and get into without educational requirement! Are you willing to be poorer just to save face? A job is a f*cking job!

I graduated 10 years ago and I left this industry right now! I was told back then to always act professionally, put a good PR, and protect my image because this industry is small and things about you goes around. Now that I left the industry, I will practice my free speech! I was indoctrinated to become a loyal AME and drink the cool-aid you losers drank and continue to drink! Sure, meaningful work is important for one to function, but money is more important because necessities are indispensable! Are you willing to continually do what you are passionate doing knowing your finances is getting worse and it's becoming harder and harder for you to make a living? My f*cking god, I was able to find better paying jobs than this that requires no college education!

The poor pay, the high cost of being an AME, and the travelling, have screwed me up financially that I have to leave this job! I'm struggling to make a living with this job and I just told you my story! I wonder how does it work for someone that has a family? You can't even f*cking survive as a single young guy! I decided to have a career change and doing that may need me to go back to school. Incur more debt that you will have to work for and pay back on top of your financial problems! I ain't going back to school and I ain't going back to this job! I already decided to become a Farmer and I will take myself out of the rat's race that is the lifestyle here in Canada! From city boy to a rural Farmer! When you are screwed financially and you lose the rat's race by starting over, you have no choice but to go for minimalism which is something I may need to get used to, as someone who grew up as a city boy. You know, I see travel Vloggers who quit their job, gave up everything, and settled for that.

I co-own a farm abroad, I got my citizenship with the help of my mother, and I will leave Canada to become a Fish Farmer. Yes, Farmers are poor from the perspective that they are not productive enough, but you can make a simple living. Whether you own land or not, you can become a Farmer and make a simple living. Without land, you will work as a Tenant in Southeast Asia. You know, Luke Skywalker died a simple life as a Farmer.

I will make my life easier, I know how to do it, but I need to leave Canada for good. AME is bull sh*t man! It's because of egotism why some people continue to do it, over a different job that pays more and is more stable! It's a joke! It is not f*cking worth it! You are not making money, you are losing money doing this job! All for what? Passion? Validation?

The pay is the hardest thing for me to swallow as an AME! At the end of the day, you need to make a living in an expensive country as Canada! By now, you should already know how expensive it is to live here! We all live here! Being a Farmer is better than this nonsense! I went through it, I cannot take it anymore!
You should read this thread front to back. 99% of the posts align with yours while some, are grossly aerosexual. The only solution is to change legislation that these unethical operators/amos abuse habitually to make a buck off ames blood sweat and tears. This career ruins lives PERIOD. I don’t know a single AME that wants his children in this god forsaken industry.

ludivicchua
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by ludivicchua »

Bug_Stomper_01 wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 9:45 am
ludivicchua wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:46 pm Tell me if it's worth it with how much money they are paying you and the benefits they give you, knowing that you will be more better off doing a different job! My god, you are still drinking the cool-aid or you don't have any choice? I met a Bus Driver in Toronto who was a Pilot, he is driving the bus because it pays more! The losers out there will never do that because their ego is more important! A job is a job, you gonna make a living to survive! How are you going to do that with this kind of pay?

The elephant in the room has always been pay. Pilots and ames alike make garbage in Canada . It’s well known the USA paid worse but not so much anymore after it hit the mainstream media, things quietly started correcting over the last decade. Yes being an AME in Canada is a horrible career these days. There used to be money in it, not anymore. I do enough just to maintain my AME license no more, no less. I make far more in the states with way less work.
There is that 566.05 Recency Requirement in which if you stop performing maintenance for more than 6 months, you will write the CARs again. The same thing you will have to do to renew your license after it has expired for more than 1 year.
For me, there is no point of maintaining my license if the pay is bad anyway! The license is for you to make more money (and have more responsibility) than AME Apprentice. AME Apprentices make minimum wage or close to that. AME Apprenticeship is not worth doing based on the pay if you will not get your license. I'm gone man! The license is for you to make money! There is no money! As far as money is concerned, as far as job security is concerned, you can get those better outside of Aviation!

Last edited by ludivicchua on Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Maintenance”