More trouble for Boeing and it’s Max and now NG...

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Jet Jockey
Rank 5
Rank 5

More trouble for Boeing and it’s Max and now NG...

Post by Jet Jockey »

---------- ADS -----------

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: More trouble for Boeing and it’s Max and now NG...

Post by iflyforpie »

Yawn.

A Service Bulletin or Airworthiness Directive sensationalized because of the bad press Boeing has been getting lately.

Go look at the registration on the of your aircraft and go to the TC CAWIS website, type it in, and enjoy the long read.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
tailgunner
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by tailgunner »

Optics or Public opinion is the emerging elephant in the room for Boeing and the Max operating airlines.
Boeing will get the airplane fixed. Eventually, and with political care, the regulators will certify it. But, will the public, and more importantly for the airlines, the First Class, frequent flier types fly on it.
Airlines will not be able to woo these high value passengers easily. Price point does little to affect their ticket purchasing. A 20$ discount on a 3500$ first class ticket is pointless. Some fortune 50 companies were rebooking their employees of MAX flights, out of caution and with regard to uneasiness, before the grounding.
For some airlines like Southwest and WJ, this potential problem may be limited due to their passenger demographic, however for airlines like AC, United, and AA this may yet prove to be the final and potentially the hardest problem to solve.
Social media, and the 24/7 news cycle will also not help Boeing and the MAX. As we have seen, everyone is an 'expert' and everyone now has a platform to share their opinions and views. Some are credible, but some are not.
I'm not sure about the future of the MAX. It may still have a bright future. For some airlines, I wonder if the point of no return is quickly approaching. Some airlines may cut their orders, return already produced airframes, or switch to a different aircraft altogether.
Cheers

GARRETT
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by GARRETT »

If you get a chance, watch this video. It's shocking that the 2 women in this video were fired for trying to get Boeing's contractors to manufacture the parts correctly and to spec. Boeing knew about this issue too and chose to ignore it! This is going to get interesting for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaWdEtA ... tion=share

Last edited by GARRETT on Tue Jun 04, 2019 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
yycflyguy
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by yycflyguy »

It is more significant how the FAA is suddenly the diligent regulator keeping the public safe. After allowing Boeing to essentially self-certify the MAX program without pesky regulatory oversight. After the world-wide grounding the FAA is now embarrassed and trying to save face. Expect more of this until the plane is re-certified.

confusedalot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by confusedalot »

Figured that airplane drivers would be just a teeny bit smarter than the sensationalist journalists who are looking for a juicy low brow story.

I am starting to think that drivers have troubles seeing 20/20.

Perhaps some experts out there can explain to me why I had zero issues in an NG after, what, 2K hours? And zero issues in the now old 707, 737NG, 747(classic), 757, and 767?

Man, you youngins need a reality check.

Can you drive a plane or not?

Attempting to understand the world. I have not succeeded.

veni, vidi,...... vici non fecit.

:?
laserstrike
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by laserstrike »

Well I fly planes, so maybe you got lucky cause it sounds like yours never left the ground?

Old fella
Rank 10
Rank 10
Location: I'm retired. I don't want to'I don't have to and you can't make me.

Post by Old fella »

confusedalot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:17 pm Figured that airplane drivers would be just a teeny bit smarter than the sensationalist journalists who are looking for a juicy low brow story.

I am starting to think that drivers have troubles seeing 20/20.

Perhaps some experts out there can explain to me why I had zero issues in an NG after, what, 2K hours? And zero issues in the now old 707, 737NG, 747(classic), 757, and 767?

Man, you youngins need a reality check.

Can you drive a plane or not?
I know absolutely nothing about airline flying other than being a fare paying passenger. I would wager my next pension cheque most if not all non aviation folks who fly couldn’t tell the difference between any of the ac types you had the privilege to plank your ass in the various up front seats flying wherever. Boeing will get the beast fixed, the regulators will be satisfied and the airlines will get them back on line and no doubt will buy more of them because fare paying dudes will continue to fly. Thus airline operations will continue as per usual and there you have it.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Well I fly planes, so maybe you got lucky cause it sounds like yours never left the ground?
I often refer to flying planes as " Driving planes " does that make me an inferior pilot in your opinion laserstrike ???

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

confusedalot wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:17 pm Figured that airplane drivers would be just a teeny bit smarter than the sensationalist journalists who are looking for a juicy low brow story.
Don't need the CBC. Just come here.

Somehow I believe boeing will resolve the issue.

laserstrike
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by laserstrike »

C.W.E. wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:36 pm
I often refer to flying planes as " Driving planes " does that make me an inferior pilot in your opinion laserstrike ???
For fucks sake Cat it's a JOKE

ToolShed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ToolShed »

Crusty and old.

Like the 737.

C.W.E.
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by C.W.E. »

Crusty and old.
And happy to have found an occupation that required little if any formal education that payed enough to retire very comfortably.

Not to mention it was easy and involved very little effort work wise.

Return to “General Comments”