Insurance Check Out Form

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Insurance Check Out Form

Post by Cessna 180 »

Does anyone have a copy of a checkout form they use for insurance purposes or at least areas on the form that the insurance company may look for? I've been asked to complete a checkout for another pilot on a Cessna I fly regularly, but other than flight school forms, I can't find any sort of example document!
---------- ADS -----------

Big Pistons Forever
Top Poster
Top Poster

Re: Insurance Check Out Form

Post by Big Pistons Forever »

AFAIK there is no form. I have always just written a letter which described what I had done as part of the checkout and the insurance companies have always been happy with that

Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

Big Pistons Forever wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:28 pm AFAIK there is no form. I have always just written a letter which described what I had done as part of the checkout and the insurance companies have always been happy with that
Perfect, thank you. Do you add any sort of "disclaimer" to protect yourself in case the pilot has an accident etc?

Squaretail
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by Squaretail »

I would ask the insurance company if they have their own form, some do. If not, then just do as suggested above. There is no need for any disclaimer. What would you say anyways?

I'm not sure what's more depressing: That everyone has a price, or how low the price always is.
Cessna 180
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Cessna 180 »

I hear you. I made something up for marking, a quiz on the aircraft systems, and a letter for the insurance company. just want to cover my bases since I haven't done this before! thanks for the tips!!

PilotDAR
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by PilotDAR »

My experience has been that many insurers have their own form, which I have found range from relevant to inadequate. Best to use the insurer's form if you're applying to them. That said, a broker may take a letter with the pertinent information in lieu of the form, but get agreement from them first.

Return to “Flight Training”