ATPL EXAM WITH TYPE RATING A330

This forum has been developed to discuss flight instruction/University and College programs.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, Right Seat Captain, lilfssister, North Shore

ALI.A330
Rank 0
Rank 0

ATPL EXAM WITH TYPE RATING A330

Post by ALI.A330 »

Hello everyone
I have ICAO ATPL with more than 5600 Hrs flight experience ,and i want to convert my license to the Canadian license.
So i need some information about it.
i wonder if i can do flight test in any simulator such as Airbus 330 because i am current on A330? it is possible or not???
what is your suggestion about the manuals and course to make me ready for the exam (SAMRA,SARON and INRAT)?
Do you recommend online ground school course such as:

https://www.pilottraining.ca/index.php? ... uct_id=248
i would be highly appreciated to help me.
Thank you
---------- ADS -----------

Last edited by ALI.A330 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
KnightFox
Rank 0
Rank 0

Re: ATPL EXAM WITH TYPE RATING A330

Post by KnightFox »

I'm interested in the same. My TR is on A320 (ICAO license, not TC) and I have done the Written Exam (for TC ATPL), now to do the flight test and I'd like to ask if it's possible to do the ATPL flight test and Type Rating at the same time and if anyone could share a contact for this job. I appreciate it.

igorcanuck
Rank 2
Rank 2

Re: ATPL EXAM WITH TYPE RATING A330

Post by igorcanuck »

Yes, I converted my licence here in Canada and it is possible to do the "skill requirements" in a Sim level C or D.
For me, renting a seminole for $390/hour was the choice that fitted on my budget.
About the books, I recommend the aerocourse ATPL for Saron and Samra and the aerocourse IFR for the Inrat.

Return to “Flight Training”