Need urgent help with a charter flight

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent help with a charter flight

Post by Springbok »

Recently, we had two aircraft sabotaged and last weekend we had our flight school trashed. We live in the Turks and Caicos Islands on the island of Grand Turk.

My wife and I are still being threatened by the two individuals responsible and I need to get them off the islands soon. They have threatened to assault my wife, poison our dogs and contaminate our drinking water. We have two dogs (Rottweilers) which my wife treats as her own kids. The airlines do not cater for animals of this size and we need to get to Fort Lauderdale and then drive back home to Toronto.

I need to charter a light twin or a C206 / C210 to come and pick us up in Grand Turk and drop us in Ft Lauderdale. I would appreciate someone pointing us in the right direction. Maybe someone training in the States needs thebuild time? If so please contact me and we can arrange something. I have no access to hire and fly aircraft from the islands otherwise I would be out of here.
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

these two culprits wouldnt happen to be aviation students would they? If you need a light twin contact Florida Coastal Airlines they fly a Cessna 402 out of Ft.Lauderdale I believe Im sure you can arrange somethingwith them
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent helpwith a charter flight

Post by Springbok »

The saboteurs are local islanders who got jealous over our success and decided to get rid of us. Cops and government seem to support them.

Thanks, I will contact FCA
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

Let me know if they cant help you.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Guest 1969
Rank 0
Rank 0
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:44 pm

Post by Guest 1969 »

" We have two dogs (Rottweilers) "

Aren't they banned in Ontario now?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

PitBulls are banned not rottweilers
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent help with a charter flight

Post by Springbok »

Guest 1969 wrote:" We have two dogs (Rottweilers) "

Aren't they banned in Ontario now?
No, Pitbulls are banned but they should consider banning the owners instead of the breed.

Now about that charter flight.... :?:
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent help with charter flight

Post by Springbok »

bizjet_mania wrote:Let me know if they cant help you.
I have just sent them a e-mail and will let you know. Thanks The problem is the guys will do the charter but due to the fact that it is only a one way ride, they charge around US$5000. I was hoping to coax someone building time or in need of a long x-country to come and do the flight
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

I would but coming from Toronto itll probably be about the same for the airplane whether its in a light twin or a 206/207 Or 500 bucks cheaper at the most. $5000 seems a bit steep for a small twin out of KFLL. Im not sure if Canadians are allowed to rent a US registered aircraft without an FAA licence or flight instructor.

Try also this company

Aerborne Aviation (Aztec and C402 among others)
http://www.aerborneaviation.com
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Hot Fuel
Rank 6
Rank 6
Posts: 472
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:16 pm

Post by Hot Fuel »

Thats less than $3.00 per statue mile...a dirt cheap rate in any aircraft type.
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Ned urgent help with charter flight

Post by Springbok »

[Im not sure if Canadians are allowed to rent a US registered aircraft without an FAA licence or flight instructor.

This is the problem I have. I am on Canadian and South African licences and therefore cannot fly N aircraft.

As a matter of interest, what would a small twin charter for from Toronto?
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
stuckmike
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:33 am
Location: on the run...

Post by stuckmike »

I spent a little time flying in that neck of the woods. I remember Inter-Island from Provo.... what's your company name? I might remember it.

Cheers
---------- ADS -----------
 
Insert funny or cool quote here.
User avatar
bizjet_mania
Rank 8
Rank 8
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:37 am

Post by bizjet_mania »

To rent a small twin around Toronto is around $220hr wet and about $140-150/hr dry. And thats a good 12-15hrs one way trip
---------- ADS -----------
 
Last edited by bizjet_mania on Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent help with a charter flight

Post by Springbok »

Hot Fuel wrote:Thats less than $3.00 per statue mile...a dirt cheap rate in any aircraft type.
At this rate and a one way leg of 450 m, this puts a charter from Ft Lauderdale to TCI and back at a cost of $2700 which is more like it as opposed to $5000
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent help with a charter flight

Post by Springbok »

gonefishing wrote:I spent a little time flying in that neck of the woods. I remember Inter-Island from Provo.... what's your company name? I might remember it.

Cheers
We only set up shop over the last year. It is called Caicos Skyriders and we offered ultralight tourist flights and training.

Inter-Island still fly and have a Twotter, King Air and Norman Islander
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
User avatar
bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1680
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:26 am
Location: I'm not in Kansas anymore

Post by bob sacamano »

I got a friend flying a 414 and navajo out of KFLL, i'm waiting for him to call me back. Will let you know the price once I got it.
---------- ADS -----------
 
:smt109
...
Rank 11
Rank 11
Posts: 4581
Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 7:18 pm

Post by ... »

...what-cha haulin' in the cargo compartment?
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
Springbok
Rank 5
Rank 5
Posts: 354
Joined: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:24 pm
Location: Schomberg, ON
Contact:

Need urgent help with charter flight

Post by Springbok »

[quote="I am Birddog"]...what-cha haulin' in the cargo compartment?[/quote

Two 150 lb Rotweillers, 2 pax and some baggage
---------- ADS -----------
 
HAPPY ARE THOSE WHO DREAM DREAMS AND ARE WILLING TO PAY THE PRICE TO MAKE THEM COME TRUE: CARL BOENISH

Not to be confused with Springjob, Handjob, Blowjob or any other job......except a flyingjob!
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

Dont mean to sound uncaring here, but, do you want to leave the island, or are you shopping around for a cheap charter?? Just pick up the yellow pages and charter a twin....and worry about the cost later. Or is it not as urgent as you made it sound? If I really thought my family was in real danger, I just bloody well go the the airport and either charter, or steal an aircraft....and I'd worry about it later! I wouldn't be sitting there "shopping around" for a DEAL!!!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

I just did a "google" on south FLA charter companies. There are DOZENS of them! Get off your wallet, and get off the island!
---------- ADS -----------
 
Torn
Rank 1
Rank 1
Posts: 44
Joined: Thu Feb 10, 2005 6:35 pm

Post by Torn »

I hear ya Doc!
Sounds a bit sketchy to me too.
---------- ADS -----------
 
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

PM me your VISA number, and I can have a King Air 200 there when you get out of bed tomorrow....really!
---------- ADS -----------
 
InTheGame
Rank 2
Rank 2
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2004 1:18 pm
Location: Vancouver

in response

Post by InTheGame »

I can do it when ever you like, will get a price on the aircraft for you and see how cheap i can get it , PM me for details, it will be on a piper probably if thats good enough
---------- ADS -----------
 
User avatar
bob sacamano
Rank (9)
Rank (9)
Posts: 1680
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:26 am
Location: I'm not in Kansas anymore

Post by bob sacamano »

$4500 USD C414 based out of KFLL. pm me if interested.
---------- ADS -----------
 
:smt109
Doc
Top Poster
Top Poster
Posts: 9241
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2004 6:28 am

Post by Doc »

Temper, temper...sticks and stones...
---------- ADS -----------
 
Post Reply

Return to “General Comments”