Air North ad...

This forum has been developed to discuss maintenance topics in Canada.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Air North ad...

Post by Pat Richard »

An insight into ego's in charge of that place.

They should be reminded that they aren't and never have been the top.of any AME's wish list of places to work.
They can't even keep locals on staff or apparently recruit them.

And oh yeah there's a nationwide shortage so you will get the shitiest of crumbs if you even do.

Like the honesty though, Im sure most won't waste THEIR TIME on bothering with that 2 tent circus.

Enjoy all the overseas resumes.

HA HA HA HA HA.....

Seeking AME's wt experience on type. The posting below is written by the HR department, So take it with a grain of salt.

DON'T APPLY IF YOU:
1. DON'T HOLD A CURRENT M2
2.WON'T MOVE TO WHITEHORSE

WE ARE WILLING TO TAKE ON A CANDIDATE THAT DOESN'T HAVE THE ENDORSEMENTS BUT THEY MUST HAVE SOME EXPERIENCE ON THE HS748 / B737-500/400 / ATR420-300/320

EMAIL ANY QUESTIONS TO ME DIRECTLY BEFORE YOU GO DOWN THE HR RABBIT HOLE AND WASTE YOUR TIME AND OURS.

calhouna@flyairnoth.com
---------- ADS -----------

MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Re: Air North ad...

Post by MZUNGO »

well at least he is honest. I find the job ads written by the DOM are the most informative. usually its "looking for an AME Dash-8 endorsed in YUL. $45hr." pretty much all the information you usually need.
when HR writes an ad its 4 paragraphs of gobbledygook without the aircraft type or what airport the job is located at.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

I agree.

They are paying 36 a hr and hes planning assistsnt or something.

MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

A perfect example of what I was talking about. no aircraft type, no location, and no mention of compensation.
not super crazy about the shift either. you are going to spend 2 of those 6 days off catching up on sleep.

Post by Sunwest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am
Sunwest Aviation Job Availability
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
8 on 6 off; 2 shifts of days (0700-1730) and 2 shifts of nights (1630-0300)

Sunwest Aviation has an opportunity available for a Licensed AME within our Maintenance department. This position reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for providing sound maintenance to Sunwest’s aircraft fleet.

• Be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements and practice safe work habits
• Inspect and test aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order
• Diagnose malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
• Disassemble aircraft systems and remove defective components
• Assemble and/or install replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
• Record problems and the action taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft
• Other related duties as assigned.

The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies.

• Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Transport Canada AME License category M1 (mandatory) M2 (an asset)
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics
• Have a good understanding of CAR’s
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags
• Good communication skills required, both verbal and written

Please submit your confidential application and resume to www.sunwestaviation.ca by August 31, 2019.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

MZUNGO wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 pm A perfect example of what I was talking about. no aircraft type, no location, and no mention of compensation.
not super crazy about the shift either. you are going to spend 2 of those 6 days off catching up on sleep.

Post by Sunwest » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:07 am
Sunwest Aviation Job Availability
Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
8 on 6 off; 2 shifts of days (0700-1730) and 2 shifts of nights (1630-0300)

Sunwest Aviation has an opportunity available for a Licensed AME within our Maintenance department. This position reports to the Production Manager and is responsible for providing sound maintenance to Sunwest’s aircraft fleet.

• Be thoroughly familiar with safety requirements and practice safe work habits
• Inspect and test aircraft systems to ensure they are in proper working order
• Diagnose malfunctions or other problems in the aircraft or in mechanical components or systems including engines, hydraulic systems, flight control systems and fuel systems, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
• Disassemble aircraft systems and remove defective components
• Assemble and/or install replacement parts, components and structures, as per technical manuals, drawings or blueprints
• Record problems and the action taken to rectify them, maintaining an accurate record of the maintenance history of the aircraft
• Other related duties as assigned.

The successful candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies.

• Minimum 2 years training from Transport Canada approved Aircraft Maintenance Technology Program
• Transport Canada AME License category M1 (mandatory) M2 (an asset)
• Ability to refer to and follow technical manuals, written in terse abbreviated language
• Must be able to read and interpret technical drawings and blueprints
• Diagnostic skills requiring sound knowledge of aircraft systems, aerodynamics, aircraft structures, and basic applied mechanics
• Have a good understanding of CAR’s
• Good literacy and numerical skills
• Problem solving skills are critical in handling challenging and complex aircraft system snags
• Good communication skills required, both verbal and written

Please submit your confidential application and resume to www.sunwestaviation.ca by August 31, 2019.
Well, after a quick look at their site, it's based out of calgary and the types they operate are listed there.

As for the shifts, you work 8 days, off 6, work 8days, off 6, work 8 nights, off 6 and work 8 nights.

seems legit.

boeingboy
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by boeingboy »

Wow MZUNGO - do you just like to complain to for the sake of complaining?

A little research on your part easily finds the answers. As mentioned above - they only have one base - YYC and their fleet is close to 50 aircraft of all shapes and sizes. I agree the shift seems odd, but from what I know - the guys there LOVE that shift and it's really not as bad as it sounds. As for compensation - it is very good. Sunwest is one of the best 703/704 operaters out there and while I was there I was very happy.

Pacqing
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by Pacqing »

What happened to the Air North discussion? I know some Air North employees and they are happy, they live up behind the Airport Chalet have a 3 min commute to work, go home for lunch, are treated quite well, make decent money, have airline passes, Love the Yukon, and wouldn't trade it for any job "Outside"

MZUNGO
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by MZUNGO »

boeingboy wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:22 am Wow MZUNGO - do you just like to complain to for the sake of complaining?

A little research on your part easily finds the answers. As mentioned above - they only have one base - YYC and their fleet is close to 50 aircraft of all shapes and sizes. I agree the shift seems odd, but from what I know - the guys there LOVE that shift and it's really not as bad as it sounds. As for compensation - it is very good. Sunwest is one of the best 703/704 operaters out there and while I was there I was very happy.
there is missing the point , then there is this.
what I was getting at was, the HR people usually fill up the page with words but none of them are relevant to what an AME needs to know.
I don't need my time wasted the same way the guy at Air North doesn't want his wasted.
2 of the most important pieces of information are, what type of aircraft and where is the job.

it has nothing to do with Sunwest, they just happened to post an ad that proved my point.

John Bull
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by John Bull »

The most meaningful information an employer can post never will be; the turn over for the past five years compared to the previous five years and the five years before that. If it is going downhill you are not the pick of the litter.

Owners blame this on the staff. "Spoiled", "lazy", and "greedy", are thrown around freely. "I hired an idiot as a manager", or "I can't stop micromanaging my maintenance", are never used.

This may come as a shock to certain owners, but complaining about maintenance staff costs is not a pep talk. Your staff aren't stupid. Anyone with the experience you advertise for knows the maintenance average in the industry. They know if you are getting a good deal or not.

Pat Richard
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by Pat Richard »

This /I\

Return to “Maintenance”