DOH merge.

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

Warden
Rank 3
Rank 3

Re: DOH merge.

Post by Warden »

jetpilot wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:28 am Easy!

-United we stand, divided we fall
And in keeping with "United" maybe one day we'll be paid like them.

I can dream.
---------- ADS -----------

CZBBYYZPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CZBBYYZPilot »

A bit off topic, but does anyone know how the hiring at TS is going in the meantime? I heard fall classes were moved up to summer, but I don't know if it actually happened. What kind of numbers are we talking?

termerair
Rank 4
Rank 4

Post by termerair »

CZBBYYZPilot wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm A bit off topic, but does anyone know how the hiring at TS is going in the meantime? I heard fall classes were moved up to summer, but I don't know if it actually happened. What kind of numbers are we talking?
Looks like 2 GS in september. One starting on the 9th, the other one on the 23rd.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

One original September class was moved up to May with no other classes throughout summer. From there it sounds like there is at least one September class, with the remainder throughout the rest of the year in flux due to the AC deal.
CZBBYYZPilot wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:43 pm A bit off topic, but does anyone know how the hiring at TS is going in the meantime? I heard fall classes were moved up to summer, but I don't know if it actually happened. What kind of numbers are we talking?

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

One original September class was moved up to May with no other classes throughout summer. From there it sounds like there is at least one September class, with the remainder throughout the rest of the year in flux due to the AC deal.

CZBBYYZPilot
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by CZBBYYZPilot »

Ah ok, thanks.

Daniel Cooper
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Daniel Cooper »

It sounds like the Quebecor offer is only going to come if the AC deal gets voted down by the shareholders. With Letko's vote secured for AC it seems likely the AC deal will pass and that will be the end of it.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

I think 5:1 this will pass, but I won't discount Quebecor's influence, some may believe there is more money there if this gets turned down and a bidding war is launched with another major player... only takes 1/3...

Not to mention other major shareholders with combined stakes larger than Letko's haven't affirmed support on the deal, some have loyalties to Québec labour above capital gains.

The possibility of the competition bureau shutting down the deal entirely is also very real.

plhought
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by plhought »

Fanblade wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 am ...The single most important scope language within ACPA’s collective agreement. Only Air Canada pilots, on the Air Canada pilot seniority list, can fly aircraft on behalf of Air Canada.

What you are suggesting is opening up the single most important part of ACPA’s scope and long term job security. Allowing non Air Canada pilots to fly aircraft on behalf of Air Canada. We currently have an exemption for 80 seats and less....
There is precedent for more though.

Air Transat 321's flying on behalf of AC YVR-YUL only months ago.

Omni Air flying 67s on AC tickets to Hawaii out of YVR as we speak.

Qatar flying 777s East out of YUL for AC as we speak as well.

altiplano
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by altiplano »

plhought wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:45 pm
Fanblade wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:04 am ...The single most important scope language within ACPA’s collective agreement. Only Air Canada pilots, on the Air Canada pilot seniority list, can fly aircraft on behalf of Air Canada.

What you are suggesting is opening up the single most important part of ACPA’s scope and long term job security. Allowing non Air Canada pilots to fly aircraft on behalf of Air Canada. We currently have an exemption for 80 seats and less....
There is precedent for more though.

Air Transat 321's flying on behalf of AC YVR-YUL only months ago.

Omni Air flying 67s on AC tickets to Hawaii out of YVR as we speak.

Qatar flying 777s East out of YUL for AC as we speak as well.
No.

Wet leases are covered in scope and they pay to do it short term.

They need agreement and still pay to do it long term.

Fanblade
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Fanblade »

Wet leases are exemptions granted for unforseen events. Are only allowed as a stop gap and are prohibitively expensive.

Chooch918Heavy
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Chooch918Heavy »

ToolShed
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by ToolShed »