Maybe they're missing some jet time on their DEC Sky Regional application
---------- ADS -----------

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Georgian AD

Post by iflyroads »

Inverted2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:23 pm
smooth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm my buddy took a CRJ job at ggn starting Sep. I also have no idea what's going on
He will be lucky to get 150 hours on type by the time the his training is done and they are transferred back to Jazz. :?

By the end of it ggn should still have 6 RJs that are "theirs". Currently they are leasing a white one from avmax I believe.

Jettime3
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jettime3 »

GGN looks good on paper, and social media ads, they sell a good con at career fairs. Give the person a few months to figure out that Air Canada pulled out for a reason . It's called safety .

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

iflyroads wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:17 am
Inverted2 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:23 pm
smooth wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:05 pm my buddy took a CRJ job at ggn starting Sep. I also have no idea what's going on
He will be lucky to get 150 hours on type by the time the his training is done and they are transferred back to Jazz. :?

By the end of it ggn should still have 6 RJs that are "theirs". Currently they are leasing a white one from avmax I believe.
True. I think they are keeping the old -100’s. They also still have many 1900’s but will they have work for them?

Let’s Go Brandon
lownslow
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by lownslow »

Inverted2 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:26 pm but will they have work for them?
It’s silly to expect them to just roll over and die like that. The company will seek work elsewhere and I imagine they will find it somehow. Look at it from a more personal level, it’s not like the GGN pilots who are hypothetically laid off at the end of the AC Express contract will just quit flying forever over it.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

ggn hasn't found work for the 1900s, last I heard they were still parked and up for sale. Pilots no doubt have moved on and/or re-trained on another type

Will ggn find work for the CRJ-100s? Time will tell, but they're tired old planes that nearly everybody else has parked.

I expect a major revamping of the company, the ggn in 5 years will be unrecognisable compared to today.

hithere
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by hithere »

Ok so if he is your buddy then I assume you talk to him occasionally. What in god’s Name did gun management tell him in the interview to get him to join. “Our CPA ends in January and we have absolutely no idea wtf happens next”?

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

The beginning of the end of the GGN/AC CPA starts in October with the transfer of several routes and aircraft. I suspect the whole thing will be wound up by January 2020.

It is the reversal of the startup of the GGN CRJ CPA operation which saw the transfer of routes and CRJ’s from Jazz to GGN.

Karma.

yxu737
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by yxu737 »

Is Georgian making some sort of announcement today?

vermont
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by vermont »

goingnowherefast wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:02 pm
flying4dollars wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:15 pm
Bornaflyer wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:10 pm With what career aspirations? Anyone hired now has no flow through to Jazz , or any certainty of work come this winter....
Maybe he/she needed a job and they called first :smt102
You'd have to be pretty desperate to apply to ggn in the first place, nevermind receive a call first and accept the offer.
Beats making 13-20k a year instructing

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

I'd rather make 20k for a whole year than 5k for 2 months before getting laid off.

Inverted2
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by Inverted2 »

Unless they have other flying in the works I can’t see why they would be hiring. The 1900s are parked and I believe 6 CRJ-200s will be at Jazz by the end of the month.

Let’s Go Brandon
flying4dollars
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by flying4dollars »

There is definitely something coming. I saw on one of their social media posts, a picture of their blank CRJ with the caption "Exciting things are happening".

I sure hope they stick around. Just more opportunities for pilots.

bose
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by bose »

GGN is gearing up to operate on behalf of WJ as WJ Link. Same as Pasco out West.

flyingcanuck
Rank 6
Rank 6

Post by flyingcanuck »

flying4dollars wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:40 am There is definitely something coming. I saw on one of their social media posts, a picture of their blank CRJ with the caption "Exciting things are happening".

Saw that taxiing around today.. uhoh

rudder
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rudder »

All of the ‘AC Express’ CRJ200’s at GGN are under the control of AC. AC is the principal Lessee. 9 of them are being assigned to Jazz.

GGN is free to go sign leases under their own signature and financial obligation. They have previously done so with several of the old AC CRJ100’s (most likely power-by-the-hour terms).

As for potential new partners - have they not googled Air Georgian?

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

flyingcanuck wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:05 pm
flying4dollars wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:40 am There is definitely something coming. I saw on one of their social media posts, a picture of their blank CRJ with the caption "Exciting things are happening".

Saw that taxiing around today.. uhoh
I wouldn't read too much into anything based on that. That is a short-term lease that was picked up when one of the tails was damaged by a fuel truck in CVG.

Last edited by Chaxterium on Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jettime3
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Jettime3 »

bose wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:27 pm GGN is gearing up to operate on behalf of WJ as WJ Link. Same as Pasco out West.
Yup but only Pasco pilots will be upgrading to CRJ. WJ Link only wants the CRJ for potential route structure granted by the FAA in the agreement with Pasco to fly to the US . Jazz took whatever GGN pilots on flow though, the rest will be laid off. Back end will be phased out, their contract is not valid at Link or Pasco.

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Not sure GGN is actually more opportunity for pilots. More like assign 2 pilots the work of 3. So actually less pilot jobs since they overwork their crews so badly.

rxl
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by rxl »

Stick around for what?? So they can continue to disrespect and under pay their employees? So they can continue to undermine their employees’s right to organize themselves and negotiate a fair collective agreement?

Return to “General Airline Industry Comments”