Interview

Discuss topics related to Air Transat.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

CanadianPilotQc
Rank 3
Rank 3

Interview

Post by CanadianPilotQc »

What one should expect during the face to face part of the interview? Heard they ask some IFR questions. Feel free to PM.
---------- ADS -----------

iflyroads
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Interview

Post by iflyroads »

CanadianPilotQc wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:52 am What one should expect during the face to face part of the interview? Heard they ask some IFR questions. Feel free to PM.

Not sure who's pulling your leg but no IFR questions are asked. Just more of a meet and greet with standard behavioral and situational questions.

TSAM
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by TSAM »

Last edited by TSAM on Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Dp

Last edited by flyinhigh on Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Standard questions, nothing to hard.

Stuff like, what is your strongest attribute? biggest weakness? If we were to ask the one person who doesn't like you what they thought of you, what would they say? (I thought that was an odd one)

If you meet a manager, than the first interview went well. If He/She likes you, you go to the sim, which is the real fun part considering its in a 310.

Do not go in being cocky thinking you have it in the bag as they have and will continue to turn people down. Transat is attracting quality talent (my class average in May was around 5000 hours), and that was before the AC announcement.

Kingair200
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kingair200 »

usually how long it's gonna take to hear from them?
with the recent posting, anyone had the interview yet?
if they cant reach by phone, will they email you afterward?

also wondering what's the usual hours for the last class or 2 hired? mostly over 4000?

thanks a lot for replying , much appreciated.

flyinhigh
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by flyinhigh »

Hi there,

If your curious as to when you’ll hear with the latest posting it should be in the next week or so. Although the ad is up, they are building the resume pool again and will start calling soon. The interviews for this round will be lined up for sometime in Nov.

I would guess that they will try your phone only. In my time doing interviews I never emailed anyone about an interview.

Not sure the last two classes, but my class in May had around a 45-5500 hour average.

Good Luck

Kingair200
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Kingair200 »

thanks flyinhigh.

the reason y i wonder if they would email the candidate because i am applying from oversea(canadian though). and under the posting, it wouldnt even allow me leave a local contact, has to be a canadian number.

so under comments, i mentioned,not able to reach by phone, they may reach by email if possible.

i am sitting at 4600 hrs with 2000 on bus,hope it will work out :prayer: :prayer:

Return to “Air Transat”