Gas guzzling trudeau plane

This forum has been developed to discuss aviation related topics.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Gas guzzling trudeau plane

Post by corethatthermal »

Conservatives have confirmed that Trudeau’s official Boeing 737-800 campaign planes (his official branded plane and two replacements) have been travelling with a second aircraft – a 40-year-old Boeing 737-200 with tail number C-GNLE.
How much more fuel does a -200 use as compared to a -800?

Of course, taxpayers are paying for his carbon offsets so he can pollute all he wants. Hypocrite !
---------- ADS -----------

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

Re: Gas guzzling trudeau plane

Nolinor is based out of white elephant Mirabel, which should have been named P.E.T Airport. I wonder if the owner of Nolinor has paid into the Trudeau slush fund ?

goldeneagle
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goldeneagle »

curious, which of the later more fuel efficient variants available are a combi with a gravel kit ?

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

goldeneagle wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:39 am curious, which of the later more fuel efficient variants available are a combi with a gravel kit ?
Which gravel strips has Trudeau been going into?

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

I’m curious as to what more fuel efficient cargo plane is available ad hoc?

Nobody with a cargo converted NG is waiting around for a political party to charter it for two months. In fact, NG utilization rates are so high that they go straight to the scrapyard rather than living second lives as freighters.

A Jurassic is about the only plane that worth little enough that it can sit for months without doing anything.

So like the Chevelle SS 454 or the Lincoln Mk V with the 460 that only drives on sunny weekends, I’ll appreciate the sound and smoke of the old JT8Ds, be glad that they aren’t in daily service by the thousands, and lose absolutely no sleep over a hypocritical politician... as if you can name one that isn’t.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

corethatthermal wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 pm Of course, taxpayers are paying for his carbon offsets so he can pollute all he wants. Hypocrite !
Why would you think taxpayers are paying for the Liberal party's carbon offsets? The Liberal party is paying for all the fuel, carbon taxes on the fuel and additional carbon offsets (that they don't need to buy): https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libera ... -1.5308121

I'm convinced Conservatives don't know the meaning of the word hypocrite. Using two planes does not make Trudeau a hypocrite. They never told anyone not to use planes. Had the Liberals NOT paid carbon taxes on their fuel, then they would be hypocrites.

rookiepilot
Rank 11
Rank 11

Post by rookiepilot »

flyguy73 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 am
corethatthermal wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:59 pm Of course, taxpayers are paying for his carbon offsets so he can pollute all he wants. Hypocrite !
Why would you think taxpayers are paying for the Liberal party's carbon offsets? The Liberal party is paying for all the fuel, carbon taxes on the fuel and additional carbon offsets (that they don't need to buy): https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/libera ... -1.5308121

I'm convinced Conservatives don't know the meaning of the word hypocrite. Using two planes does not make Trudeau a hypocrite. They never told anyone not to use planes. Had the Liberals NOT paid carbon taxes on their fuel, then they would be hypocrites.
How much did they pay? And to who?

What's hypocrisy is the CBC falling over themselves to say Trudeau's do as I say, not as I do attitude is fine, while hysterically shrieking over Sheers dual citizenship. Yup, lets play on the hate for Americans. Way to lead!

This is the nastiest campaign I've ever seen. So much for Trudeau "doing politics differently".

godsrcrazy
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by godsrcrazy »

There is just something wrong with preaching Green and then using 2 planes and saying its OK cause I paid Carbon Tax. What exactly will Carbon Tax do for the environment? Does Trudeau have a direct link to God were if you pay God will take that amount of Carbon out of the air. No what he does is force everyone else to cut Carbon and gives them a small credit if they get below their allowance. This works real well when others cost’s are going thru the roof to try and meet quotas.

To be honest I fall off the couch in laughter every time one of these politicians say no more pipelines and kill the Tar Sands. Yet they all fly in planes, Drive cars and heat their homes with Natural gas, propane, fossil fuels our wood. None of these produce Carbon. Maybe they should lead be example and park their vehicles don’t fly anywhere and stop heating their homes. I am sure they could all live on Love.

Oh wait lets go solar. We will build a crap load of Batteries to produce power on dark and cloudy days. I have never had a battery that last’s longer then 5 years. Lets not forget they are all built with hazardous materials. Then when they batteries fail in 5 years we can figure out what to do with them. The First Nations wont allow a pipeline how do you think they will feel about building more power dams and flooding 100’s of square miles of land. I am sure the First Nations will be all behind that.

corethatthermal
Rank 5
Rank 5

The carbon offsets bought my " Trudeau" are ultimately from taxpayers ( donors) Either way, it is the Canadian people who are paying for Trudeau to pollute. The carbon scam was originally designed for higher carbon polluting industries to be charged for their inefficiency AND for the "tax" to be used to create and stimulate more efficient industries,,, Looks good on paper but in real life its just another TAX !!

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

corethatthermal wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:23 pm The carbon offsets bought my " Trudeau" are ultimately from taxpayers ( donors) Either way, it is the Canadian people who are paying for Trudeau to pollute. The carbon scam was originally designed for higher carbon polluting industries to be charged for their inefficiency AND for the "tax" to be used to create and stimulate more efficient industries,,, Looks good on paper but in real life its just another TAX !!
Using your analogy, every time you buy a pair of pants it is paid by taxpayers because you pay taxes? Is this your definition of a taxpayer?

And carbon taxes support environmentally friendly initiatives such as planting trees, subsidizing green industry, cleaner waste reduction, recycling, etc. They have been shown time and time again to actually be effective. I bought my EV with the $14000 I got through the Ontario Cap and Trade system. California paid to pollute as they always had, I got my EV subsidized and removed one gas guzzler from the road. See how this works? They pollute so that I don’t have too. Net emissions have gone down as a result.

iflyforpie
Top Poster
Top Poster

Post by iflyforpie »

The carbon tax in BC has also resulted in the lowest income taxes for 90% of us.

You have to make well into six figures to pay what Albertans pay in income tax. If you buy smart and change your lifestyle you can get out of paying a lot of PST and carbon tax. We also have a balanced budget.

Compare that to next door where they are wallowing in primarily conservative debt and riding the seesaw of a dead-end resource based economy like a third world banana republic.

Geez did I say that....? Or just think it....?
B208
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by B208 »

flyguy73 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 am Using two planes does not make Trudeau a hypocrite.
Yes it does. He has told the rest of us that we must reduce our carbon footprint, and yet he makes no effort to do the same. That is hypocrisy.

flyguy73
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by flyguy73 »

B208 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm
flyguy73 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 am Using two planes does not make Trudeau a hypocrite.
Yes it does. He has told the rest of us that we must reduce our carbon footprint, and yet he makes no effort to do the same. That is hypocrisy.
Maybe he would have normally used three planes? So he did reduce his footprint. This is not hypocrisy. Again, you don’t understand what it means.

Capt. Underpants
Rank 5
Rank 5

Post by Capt. Underpants »

How can you tell when someone is a hypocrite? Well for starters, it's when they declare themselves to be a politician. They all do it, no matter which colour is on the lawn sign. If you cannot admit that the one YOU support will inevitably be a hypocrite on some issues, then you are not being honest with yourself.

Heliian
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by Heliian »

Everyone should stop flying planes. The 200 is actually more green as it has paid its dues already and a long life prevents wasting a good airframe.

Can't wait for the election to pass now to get rid of all these political azzhats.

cncpc
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by cncpc »

flyguy73 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:08 pm
B208 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:03 pm
Maybe he would have normally used three planes? So he did reduce his footprint. This is not hypocrisy. Again, you don’t understand what it means.
As John "The One Armed Bandit" Keyes used to say "He doesn't know soap from shit".

Good judgment comes from experience. Experience often comes from bad judgment.
Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

The company Trudeau uses for carbon offsets is Less Emissions. They even advise on their website that carbon offsets are a dubious way to help the planet, you should make an effort to reduce the fuel you burn first and foremost.

And Less Emissions was founded by a good friend of Gerald Butts, Trudeau's main advisor.

7ECA
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by 7ECA »

iflyforpie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:59 pm The carbon tax in BC has also resulted in the lowest income taxes for 90% of us.

You have to make well into six figures to pay what Albertans pay in income tax. If you buy smart and change your lifestyle you can get out of paying a lot of PST and carbon tax. We also have a balanced budget.

Compare that to next door where they are wallowing in primarily conservative debt and riding the seesaw of a dead-end resource based economy like a third world banana republic.
Holy shit, how has this beauty of a truthful post been missed? Where are all the 'Bertans having a meltdown?

Man, avCanada is getting boring when you can't see a shitstorm over nothing... :lol:

Donald
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by Donald »

7ECA wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 5:58 pm
iflyforpie wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:59 pm The carbon tax in BC has also resulted in the lowest income taxes for 90% of us.

Holy shit, how has this beauty of a truthful post been missed? Where are all the 'Bertans having a meltdown?

Man, avCanada is getting boring when you can't see a shitstorm over nothing... :lol:
$1.60/litre in Vancouver yesterday

$0.78/litre in Edmonton today

goingnowherefast
Rank (9)
Rank (9)

Post by goingnowherefast »

Read an article on the Trudeau planes. The 737 Jurassic burns 500L an hour more than the NG. That's from the mainstream media, so not giving it a ton of credit, but I'm sure it's in the right ballpark.

I don't buy the life cycle argument of the old planes either. Planes burn a significant amount of fuel, so it doesn't take long to offset the emissions from manufacture and disposal.

Return to “General Comments”