New hire bids

Discuss topics relating to Jazz Aviation LP.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, lilfssister, North Shore, I WAS Birddog

PostmasterGeneral
Rank 8
Rank 8

Re: New hire bids

Post by PostmasterGeneral »

dhc# wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:54 am With YVR seeming to be the base for new hires lately and with the high cost of living there what options are there for commuting/crashpads ? And how fast can one bid out the base ?
Where are you going to bid to? You’re type frozen for at least two years. YYC is too senior, Toronto is even more expensive, and Montreal is about on par with YVR. Maybe cheaper accommodations but cost of living is way higher in UL.
---------- ADS -----------

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by LicensedToThrill »

GS's filled up to Christmas from what I am told, mostly GGN for the intake.

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

LicensedToThrill wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 am GS's filled up to Christmas from what I am told, mostly GGN for the intake.
Any word on the date of the December course(s), or January?

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

link821 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:57 am
LicensedToThrill wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 am GS's filled up to Christmas from what I am told, mostly GGN for the intake.
I have not heard anything. All I know is all is filled up to pretty much end of December. Without knowing the facts, I doubt Jan. has been filled yet.

mbav8r
Rank 10
Rank 10

Post by mbav8r »

The transfer of flying is scheduled to be completed by the end of February(from memory), while this happens so will the transfer of pilots. I suspect the courses will be mostly GGN until then.

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

Got the call a few days ago for Decembers course. Looks like it'll be on the 9th, and i'm not from GGN so theres hope

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

I got the call a few days ago for the December course. Looks like it'll be on the 9th. I'm not from GGN so theres hope

SpicyPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SpicyPilot »

flyguyry wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:06 am
I got the call a few days ago for the December course. Looks like it'll be on the 9th. I'm not from GGN so theres hope
Flyguyry were you in the pool and if not when did you do your medical. I did my online interview last week of July, Sim September 5, got an email for reference check the following day and did my medical on Sept 13. After that it’s been radio silence.
1100 hours with 250 PIC and ATPL exams written, 750 multi . is this normal? If I was getting PFOd, shouldn’t they have done it by now ?

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

SpicyPilot wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:45 pm

Flyguyry were you in the pool and if not when did you do your medical. I did my online interview last week of July, Sim September 5, got an email for reference check the following day and did my medical on Sept 13. After that it’s been radio silence.
1100 hours with 250 PIC and ATPL exams written, 750 multi . is this normal? If I was getting PFOd, shouldn’t they have done it by now ?
It is normal. The recruiting department is extremely busy. If you have not heard anything it is a good sign. Give it time.

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

yeah I was in the pool about the same time as you with similar hours. definitely give it time, what I did was just keep bugging them with emails once every couple weeks, maybe they just had enough of my emails and gave me the job ahah. i hear they have ground schools scheduled for Jan and Feb so like I said just give it time and hopefully you’ll hear back:)

SpicyPilot
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by SpicyPilot »

flyguyry wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:38 am

yeah I was in the pool about the same time as you with similar hours. definitely give it time, what I did was just keep bugging them with emails once every couple weeks, maybe they just had enough of my emails and gave me the job ahah. i hear they have ground schools scheduled for Jan and Feb so like I said just give it time and hopefully you’ll hear back:)
Thanks for the reply guys and congrats on the GS Flyguyry, I’m not in the pool or atleast I don’t think so. Didn’t get a call or email saying I was and didn’t wanna bother HR cause I know how busy it is but I think It’s been long so I’ll shoot them email and follow up!

KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

2 GS Jan 2020
2 GS Feb 2020
3 GS Mar 2020

LicensedToThrill
Rank 1
Rank 1

KenoraPilot wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:10 pm 2 GS Jan 2020
2 GS Feb 2020
3 GS Mar 2020
Have calls already been going out for JAN?

link821
Rank 3
Rank 3

Post by link821 »

Anyone been called for Jan yet?

Stayfly121
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by Stayfly121 »

Nope. Got into the pool early November. Still waiting for a GS date.

windows94
Rank 1
Rank 1

Post by windows94 »

I got in end of September and I'm still waiting as well. I know another person who got in early October who is also waiting.
My guess is there is a bit of a slow down of OTS with GGN filling most of the spots...

flyguyry
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by flyguyry »

Does anyone know what the November courses got in terms of bases/equipment?

Caterpillar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Caterpillar »

YVR Qs

Since I’m flying the King Air, does that qualify me to fly the Queen of the skies?
KenoraPilot
Rank 8
Rank 8

Post by KenoraPilot »

Nov 25 GS was RJ and 1 DH8 across the system (all GGN pilots)

dhc#
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by dhc# »

Me thinks there will be lots of hopefuls doing laps in the "pool" this winter/spring...

Return to “Jazz Aviation LP - Air Canada Express”