Jazz or CargoJet?

Got a hot employment or interview tip to help a fellow aviator find a job or looking for a little job advice place your posting here.

Moderators: sky's the limit, sepia, Sulako, North Shore

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Re: Jazz or CargoJet?

Post by LegoMan »

Duukar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm MAL has starting salary on the B757 at 65k plus a 12k a year retention bonus. Contract is up for renegotiation in 2020. The salary will be at least 77k to start.

Upgrades are 4-5 year at this point I reckon. The staff is senior and there is no movement at the top to leave. All the upgrades are from unprecedented growth.

Per diems are $3.50 an hour away from base. I averaged 700-950 a month. Months are 85 hours. Usually sched is less than 85 a month. overtime if you go over. 1/4 for hotel time.

Cargo jet has some nice perks like flying over seas and the 767, which is actually also a nasty weakness.

Morningstar pays more with a better sched on B757 while CJ pays less with a worse sched on a WIDEBODY 767........... 4% rrsp and 3 weeks vac day 1 to boot.

I'm a MAL fanboy obviously. So take it with a grain of salt, but facts are facts.
I thought the 12k bonus was only for the Caravan crew.
---------- ADS -----------

Duukar
Rank 2
Rank 2

Post by Duukar »

LegoMan wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:22 am
Duukar wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:40 pm MAL has starting salary on the B757 at 65k plus a 12k a year retention bonus. Contract is up for renegotiation in 2020. The salary will be at least 77k to start.

Upgrades are 4-5 year at this point I reckon. The staff is senior and there is no movement at the top to leave. All the upgrades are from unprecedented growth.

Per diems are $3.50 an hour away from base. I averaged 700-950 a month. Months are 85 hours. Usually sched is less than 85 a month. overtime if you go over. 1/4 for hotel time.

Cargo jet has some nice perks like flying over seas and the 767, which is actually also a nasty weakness.

Morningstar pays more with a better sched on B757 while CJ pays less with a worse sched on a WIDEBODY 767........... 4% rrsp and 3 weeks vac day 1 to boot.

I'm a MAL fanboy obviously. So take it with a grain of salt, but facts are facts.
I thought the 12k bonus was only for the Caravan crew.
Company wide now!

LegoMan
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by LegoMan »

How many nights away from home per month at Morningstar? Sounds like a decent place if you want to fly and still be around for the family.

Pc12pilotGirl
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by Pc12pilotGirl »

Hi i was just wondering if anyone knows what are the current minimums requirements (Hours, do i need multi engine hours,etc.) for a f/o job at Cargo Jet. Thanks

FlackoJodye
Rank 0
Rank 0

Post by FlackoJodye »

Good day,

Can anyone provide any current info on Cargo Jet? I am interested in applying in the near future. Did they improve their schedules/pay? Are they hiring bare minimums? Their job ad seems pretty vague. Is there a training bond for the 767 type rating? 1500 TT seems quite low so I’m guessing most applicants are NTR.

Thanks in advance!

Chaxterium
Rank 7
Rank 7

Post by Chaxterium »

Another +1 for Morningstar. I just finished my line indoc on the 757. They have treated me very well. So far the schedule is really good. I work 9 days in December. 7 nights away from home. Off Christmas and Boxing Day.

Return to “Employment Forum”